Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drew Morgan statement

Started by ricepig, December 30, 2016, 05:54:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 11:32:43 am
Facts?  I'm thinking you know few of those unless you are rotely repeating the athletic department party line.

Why is it that now is the time you show back up?

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 11:40:46 am
Why is it that now is the time you show back up?

Already told you that.  But I knew that you, in particular couldn't live without me.  And, of course, I missed your "wisdom" on the politics board.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 11:42:46 am
Already told you that.  But I knew that you, in particular couldn't live without me.  And, of course, I missed your "wisdom" on the politics board.

You didn't tell me anything.

Bubba's Bruisers

Odds are Drew did something to get himself kicked out.  Don't really care.  Sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment.  Especially when you're getting your arse kicked in an epic comeback by your opponent.  Especially when you're personal play was instrumental in assisting with that comeback.

It happens.  Morgan was a very good, reliable player for us.  I'll try to remember that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 11:46:19 am
You didn't tell me anything.

I think you could find the answer to that very question in this thread if you looked, but like I said, I've already answered the question.  Say, do you have any more scintillating insight into the brilliance of our outgoing administration?  I'm on pins and needles awaiting it.

hawgon

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 31, 2016, 11:47:04 am
Odds are Drew did something to get himself kicked out.  Don't really care.  Sometimes things happen in the heat of the moment.  Especially when you're getting your arse kicked in an epic comeback by your opponent.  Especially when you're personal play was instrumental in assisting with that comeback.

It happens.  Morgan was a very good, reliable player for us.  I'll try to remember that.

I'll echo this regardless of what happened. 

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 11:32:43 am
Facts?  I'm thinking you know few of those unless you are rotely repeating the athletic department party line.

I think you know absolutely zero of them, see how easy that was to type? Of course, I can only base it on the preponderance of evidence you have exhibited here, but the fact remains, you may know a fact somewhere in your life.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 11:48:26 am
I think you could find the answer to that very question in this thread if you looked, but like I said, I've already answered the question.  Say, do you have any more scintillating insight into the brilliance of our outgoing administration?  I'm on pins and needles awaiting it.

I can see you're content for this stint to not last long.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 12:03:11 pm
I think you know absolutely zero of them, see how easy that was to type? Of course, I can only base it on the preponderance of evidence you have exhibited here, but the fact remains, you may know a fact somewhere in your life.

The phrase "... the fact remains" and "...may" do not go together.  Typical of your assumptions, assertions, and opinions that pass off as facts.

It would be more accurate to say, "But the possibility exists, that you MAY know of a fact somewhere in your life."

You're welcome for the English lesson.

hawgon

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 31, 2016, 12:04:38 pm
I can see you're content for this stint to not last long.

Why, because you've gotten your feelings hurt?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 12:07:52 pm
The phrase "... the fact remains" and "...may" do not go together.  Typical of your assumptions, assertions, and opinions that pass off as facts.

It would be more accurate to say, "But the possibility exists, that you MAY know of a fact somewhere in your life."

You're welcome for the English lesson.

See, I guess you knew something about English, maybe.......

PorkRinds

Quote from: hawgon on December 31, 2016, 12:08:44 pm
Why, because you've gotten your feelings hurt?

Lack of self awareness for $500, please Alex.

hawgon

Quote from: ricepig on December 31, 2016, 12:11:30 pm
See, I guess you knew something about English, maybe.......

That's a fact. :)

FineAsSwine

Drew was just frustrated because of the mistakes he was making on the field and he got chippy. Kinda like the Duke boy who trips people. No one likes a guy like that.

dhornjr1

Quote from: hog.goblin on December 30, 2016, 08:26:49 pm
Nice game pretty boy!

The spit could not have come from behind...there had to have been a second spitter

Hog N Bama

Quote from: SemperFi on December 31, 2016, 08:48:18 am
I have some inside information with regards to this incident. Yes, this is coming from a close friend that happens to be friends with Drew's dad, so whether you believe it or not I don't care. In my mind it is the truth.

The incident occurred because a VT player hit Drew Morgan on his helmet and so the Ref threw the flag as a result, however the VT player told the Ref that Drew had spit in his face and then changed his call and ejected Drew from the game. Drew denies ever spitting on the VT player.

The apologize was for the fanbase and there is no reason why he should have apologized to the VT player. It is VT that should be apologizing for that incident, the Keon Hatcher hair pulling that happened after the play was dead and he was still on the ground and the targeting call that was a no call. The officiating was 2nd rate and that crew should be forced to apologize for their incompetence.

Stop throwing stones until we know the whole story.
Dude. Really. It's winter. Put your rose colored glasses in the drawer. That spin has me dizzy.

hoghearted

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 31, 2016, 11:47:04 am

It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Sivad

Quote from: Porked Tongue on December 31, 2016, 09:17:09 am
I'll give Morgan a pass on this.

He was a great Hog.
Me too.
And we don't know the whole story.

Dr. Starcs

Drew just needs to drop it.

(Teeing it up for you Ponderin)

DLUXHOG

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 30, 2016, 06:03:11 pm
No admission of guilt. Hm.

You sir, obviously are a vindictive twit...... I hope someone shows you some mercy when you err....... and you will....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PonderinHog

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 31, 2016, 05:54:53 pm
Drew just needs to drop it.

(Teeing it up for you Ponderin)
He's probably fumbling around in his keypad for a good excuse, but it slipped through his fingers.

PorkRinds

Quote from: DLUXHOG on December 31, 2016, 06:51:22 pm
You sir, obviously are a vindictive twit...... I hope someone shows you some mercy when you err....... and you will....

Aaaaaand another guy that misunderstands and doesn't read the rest of the thread before overreacting.

grassroothog

Drew had more heart than anyone on this team. Thats how it is.

PorkRinds

Quote from: grassroothog on December 31, 2016, 07:38:04 pm

Agreed 

SemperFi

December 31, 2016, 10:03:47 pm #124 Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 11:58:21 pm by SemperFi
Quote from: Hog N Bama on December 31, 2016, 03:04:38 pm
Dude. Really. It's winter. Put your rose colored glasses in the drawer. That spin has me dizzy.

You can blame your "dizziness" on my post or whatever else you feel like faulting me for, because like I said, I don't really care if you believe me or don't believe me. You mean absolutely nothing to me. I just posted what I was told was fact. I have no reason to doubt this individual and it was backed up by another friend that also knows Drew's father personally. I claim no affiliation with the Morgans whatsoever and my friends have no reason to lie to me about this.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

razorbackkid

I hope young Mr. Morgan did not, and has never, spit on anyone.  In my opinion, spitting on someone is about as low as one can go.

I would rather live as if there is a God and find out there isn't, than to live as if there isn't and find out there is.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: devildoghawg on December 30, 2016, 06:00:29 pm
Still don't think he did it.  I could see him yelling and spit went into someone's face, but just flat out hocking a loogie at someone....not buying it.

IDK That #6 was baiting. You could see it...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Temprees

Quote from: SemperFi on December 31, 2016, 10:03:47 pm
You can blame your "dizziness" on my post or whatever else you feel like faulting me for, because like I said, I don't really care if you believe me or don't believe me. You mean absolutely nothing to me. I just posted what I was told was fact. I have no reason to doubt this individual and it was backed up by another friend that also knows Drew's father personally. I claim no affiliation with the Morgans whatsoever and my friends have no reason to lie to me about this.
So the source is Drew's father.  I would suspect that he's aware of the image problem that Drew's spitting has created for himself.  Do you think he would have an incentive to help Drew out in this situation?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on December 31, 2016, 10:59:53 am
in '78 I stepped on the center from Waldo's left foot so he couldn't get the missed shot and get the stick back. Hell, we were only 3 points up at their place and back then it was tough beating the Waldo Bulldogs at their place. So Donnie (Coffman), wherever you are out there and if you are still alive (I certainly hope so) I apologize about stepping on your foot, but my Roadrunners needed that game and in the worst way.

Well that explains why Coffman came to SAU limping and never lived up to his potential.  I suspected it was because of nefarious activity by someone from Stephens that spent too much time at the Rainbow Inn in Ogemaw.  ; )

ad: as not to de-rail the thread, Drew, I was more upset by the way you played the whole game because you didn't seem like your normal, under control self. The spitting thing, well, that's between you and that azz hat who pulled hair. Anyway, you overachieved at your career at Arkansas and I enjoyed watching you play, especially the last couple of years. Thanks, and have good luck in whatever you decide to do when you leave the UA

acey33

Quote from: 31to6 on December 30, 2016, 08:28:27 pm
Clearly something happened. Clearly he put himself into a situation which got him ejected.

If he did spit on the guy, well that is pretty cowardly because a disciplined opponent would not retaliate without consequences.

But even if he did not actually spit on the guy, he would still need to apologize for whatever it was that led up to the altercation (in short, not getting up and walking back to the huddle). Even if he did spit, it might not have been intentional.

So yes, he could apologize for being ejected while not admitting that he spit on an opponent.

Of course this is all speculation. Nobody really knows but two people and one is not sharing all the details and the other isn't talking at all.

I agree with this statement and if you go back and watch the game film on several occasions DM is looking to start darn with someone (I remember a KO return that he downed in the end zone) and he is running his mouth. IMO these young men on both sides talk darn way to much...Just play the Game. I like what one guy said before me (make tackle get up and line up and do it again like you have done it before) but that's NOT today's Culture in Football.

fullfan

Introducing VT to the juice...

Too full of juice...had to let a little loose.

Who knows, still one of my favorite Razorbacks for the effort on the field.

PossumFan

Quote from: grassroothog on December 31, 2016, 07:38:04 pm

Yep, both fumbles occurred when he was fighting like the dickens for additional yardage _ the second with the goal line temptingly almost in reach. Remember the first quarter catch where he similarly refused to go down, stretching out for a few more yards down to the VPISU 6? That's the way the guy is made, and unfortunately it cost him (and the team) on 2 of those 3 occasions. As for whatever led to the ejection, I have no clue. I was mad at him at the time for those three blunders, but now that I've cooled down I just appreciate all he did for the Hogs. He certainly gave us more than we ever could have expected the last 2 years.

PorkRinds

I heard a similar story from someone who was on the sideline. That he and drew were jawing And the guy pushed him and when the ref went to call the VT player for a penalty he saw spit on the facemask and asked him if drew had spit on him, never actually seeing the act happen. When the VT player said yes he flagged drew instead and ejected him.  I don't know if that's the real story or not, or wheether or not drew spit on him, but that's two separate sources that cast at least some doubt.  And I've never seen a ref call a penalty on nothing but the word of the other team, without seeing the penalty happen.

Temprees

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 02, 2017, 05:44:57 pm
I heard a similar story from someone who was on the sideline. That he and drew were jawing And the guy pushed him and when the ref went to call the VT player for a penalty he saw spit on the facemask and asked him if drew had spit on him, never actually seeing the act happen. When the VT player said yes he flagged drew instead and ejected him.  I don't know if that's the real story or not, or wheether or not drew spit on him, but that's two separate sources that cast at least some doubt.  And I've never seen a ref call a penalty on nothing but the word of the other team, without seeing the penalty happen.
The referee saw Drew in the face of the VT defender, then saw the VT player suddenly push Drew.  Ref throw the flag as he runs toward the two players.  Ref sees spit on the outside of the VT player's visor and the rest is history. Also, Drew has yet to deny that spit in guy's face. 

TexomaRazorback

Sorry, but it's hard for me to believe Drew did what he was accused of.  I'm standing on the side of Drew unless someone can give me convincing evidence of the foul accused of.

Hogs958

Drew was a hell of a Razorback, and I think he will be successful in the NFL.

pigture perfect

I rewatched the ejection. After a second viewing, I'm convinced Drew didn't know why he was being tossed. After learning the reason, the look was a definite denial.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

LJHOG

Maybe he should have held onto the football.