Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morgan ejected

Started by Granny fan, December 29, 2016, 08:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ocsm158

The Boar War

hogmolar

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 09:10:31 pm
Morgan isnt anything close to a choir boy, and his actions at the end of the game were pathetic and not surprising, but the dude seemingly gave this program everything he had.  And it was a lot.  He didn't lose this game tonight.
no just the ball multiple time

Masshog

Quote from: ShadowTheHedgehog on December 29, 2016, 09:10:56 pm
Morgan fumbled twice fighting for extra yards. Maybe he should had gone down but I can't blame a senior for trying to show the team that you have to fight for every inch in the second half. The unsportsmanlike seems to have been a dumb mistake but I still haven heard/seen what he did.
And if he doesn't fight for the yardage he gets hammered for that. I'll take the effort... 
My feets hurt.

3of5-2

hollywood hog

Still a huge Drew Morgan fan. 

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GTOWNHOG

Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

panchodeana

Drew Morgan lost me tonight. No way to sugarcoat it. If he just hangs onto the ball on that long pass play, the game is basically over. You can't be a "warrior" on every play, fighting for extra yards blah, blah, blah. Use some common sense and think of your teammates. It's not all about you (the warrior-player with his face paint).

PORKULATOR

He cost us 14 points in 6 plays. He ruined his OWN career.
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

EastexHawg

Quote from: panchodeana on December 29, 2016, 09:25:37 pm
Drew Morgan's fumble at the end of the long pass play cost the Hogs the game. He knows it. Coach Bielema knows it. Stretching for extra yards like that is a selfish play, trying to get yourself on the highlights on ESPN. Just secure the ball, go down and help your team score a touchdown on the next play. You do that and the game's basically over.

Dez Bryant.  Green Bay.  Exhibit A.

longpig

Don't be scared, be smart.

ShadowTheHedgehog

Morgan is a great player and he has done a lot for the team. Everyone who has played any sport at a semi-competitive level knows that sometimes in the heat of the moment you do stuff that you shouldn't. It is something that happens. This is very uncharacteristic for DM. He is usually not a dirty players. he should get punished for it (like he did), and then move on.

The Kig

Morgan isnt anything close to a choir boy, and his actions at the end of the game were pathetic and not surprising, but the dude seemingly gave this program everything he had.  And it was a lot.  He didn't lose this game tonight.

Really? So his fumbles didn't contribute to the loss? 

Hav always been a huge Morgan supporter.  Great story.  Life lesson coming though... No matter how many good deeds you do, it can all come crashing down in an instant.  There is NEVER a viable excuse for spitting in the face of a competitor,  especially when out of frustration caused by your own mistakes.   
Poker Porker

Maynard G Krebs

I'm disappointed with Morgan, but not totally surprised as he has always shown himself a bit of a prima dona.. great athlete, but too much into himself

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on December 29, 2016, 09:42:56 pm
I'm disappointed with Morgan, but not totally surprised as he has always shown himself a bit of a prima dona.. great athlete, but too much into himself

I agree, but we could always use a guy like that.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

longpig

Mr. Morgan might have a ass whoopin or 3 coming at his next stop. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

panchodeana

The look-at-me warrior act of his has worn very thin, especially when that mentality results in a silly fumble after a long pass play that basically would've sealed the game. I think he was even annoyed with himself, which is why he spit in somebody's face at the end of the game.

Hogarusa

Quote from: EastexHawg on December 29, 2016, 09:38:51 pm
Dez Bryant.  Green Bay.  Exhibit A.

Clarify what this means? The 2 plays arent similar
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hobhog

hobhog

Quote from: Karma on December 29, 2016, 09:39:45 pm
Fans turn on Hogs quick.

Especially when they get spit in the face...

BassinHawg

A Greenwood product.....js
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Temprees

December 29, 2016, 10:17:18 pm #73 Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 10:49:07 pm by Temprees
Morgan lost the game. Even on our last drive to try and score, Morgan spit in a guys face. We went from 3rd and 10 to 3rd and 25.

Also Morgan almost drew a penalty earlier (when he fair caught the punt).  Morgan threw the football towards the VT defender. The ball landed on top of the VT defender's head. The official came in and warned Morgan about his conduct.

Bigmac2

I hear DM will meet all you haters at the Alma Sonic.

Uncommon

DLUXHOG

he whipped it out in front of the fans in the stands..............
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Temprees on December 29, 2016, 10:17:18 pm
Morgan lost the game. Even on our last drive to try and score, Morgan spit in a guys face. We went from 3rd and 10 to 3rd and 25.

Game was over at that point.  AA sucked it up.  The OL couldn't punch over a paper bag for a running back.  BB was lost once again.  There is a ton of blame to go around. 

panchodeana

Tonight, less so-called "juice" from Drew Morgan and more playing-within-yourself would've been most helpful. In fact, if he'd done that on the long pass play -- if he'd just used his head--he'd have likely sealed the game for the Hogs. But he didn't. When your seniors do stuff like shoplift off the field and then turn around make selfish plays on the field capped off by spitting in the faces of other players, it's hard to win football games. What kind of example are they setting for the younger players? It becomes infectious.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: panchodeana on December 29, 2016, 10:29:35 pm
Tonight, less so-called "juice" from Drew Morgan and more playing-within-yourself would've been most helpful. In fact, if he'd done that on the long pass play -- if he'd just used his head--he'd have likely sealed the game for the Hogs. But he didn't. When your seniors do stuff like shoplift off the field and then turn around make selfish plays on the field capped off by spitting in the faces of other players, it's hard to win football games. What kind of example are they setting for the younger players? It becomes infectious.

We get it.  You're not a good person. 

panchodeana

No. You don't get it. Do you?

Temprees

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 29, 2016, 10:25:41 pm
Game was over at that point.  AA sucked it up.  The OL couldn't punch over a paper bag for a running back.  BB was lost once again.  There is a ton of blame to go around. 
The game was not over at that point. We still had three timeouts and plenty of time.

Dillar Dog

I got it with your first post on the topic.  You really drove it home with the others.

pigture perfect

I have a hard time believing he did that. Seems out of character to me. Really disappointed if true.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Oklahawg

Quote from: Granny fan on December 29, 2016, 09:03:59 pm
Okay the bashing of Drew can stop!!  He didn't have a good game, but he pulled our butts out of the fire for several games over the past two years.  I didn't put this up for him to be bashed.  His last game as a senior ended badly, and for that I'm sorry for him.  I just honestly wanted to know what he did to get ejected.

Morgan is a punk and I am glad his sorry ass got tossed. His disharmony in the locker room is a contributing problem for this team.

Sometimes leadership goes to your head and you get in the way.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

str8volfan

Quote from: panchodeana on December 29, 2016, 09:25:37 pm
Drew Morgan's fumble at the end of the long pass play cost the Hogs the game. He knows it. Coach Bielema knows it. Stretching for extra yards like that is a selfish play, trying to get yourself on the highlights on ESPN. Just secure the ball, go down and help your team score a touchdown on the next play. You do that and the game's basically over. But he didn't do that. He had to hot dog it. Then, in frustration, he spits in another player's face and gets ejected. Selfishness followed by a complete loss of poise. Sad to watch.
what if Henry had went down last year against Ole Miss?

panchodeana

Well, thanks for your forbearance on my rant. I'm just sickened by what I watched tonight. Just as I was after the Missouri game. This one just seemed more senseless than the Missouri game-something I did not think possible to happen. Especially the very next game! Just a stunner, all around. 

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

hawginbigd1

Quote from: str8volfan on December 29, 2016, 10:46:14 pm
what if Henry had went down last year against Ole Miss?
Ehh pretty piss poor comparison honestly

DeltaHog66

If this is true, ive lost a lot of respect for dm. Also if true, he Isn't half of what he thinks he is

panchodeana

It made sense for Hunter Henry to fight for extra yards and do his heave - it was potentially the last play of the Ole Miss game. Drew Morgan's stupid fumble after that long pass was, well, just stupid. It wasn't the potential last play of the game. Far from it. Just hang onto the ball and give your teammates a chance to help you score a touchdown on the next play. Two totally different situations. One guy's a hero; the other guy is the opposite.

Red Tusk

Morgan didn't single handedly cost the hogs the game. There were 22 players on O/D and a myriad of coaches that had opportunities even after Morgan's blunders. Everyone for the most part seemed to fold under the pressure from the mighty hokies😕
If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

Danimal

Bringing that kick-off out of the end zone was a pretty selfish move also.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Danimal on December 29, 2016, 10:56:33 pm
Bringing that kick-off out of the end zone was a pretty selfish move also.

Catching a pass is too.  That's bringing attention to yourself.

HoggieStyle

I'd rather he threw a punch than spit in somebody's face. Just about the lowest of the low in terms of crappy, low class things you can do as a participant in a sport.

jacobp

Quote from: Carl Lazlo on December 29, 2016, 09:10:45 pm
It was the coaches for not challenging the touch back fumble negated by penalty.   Drew fumbled the ball out of bounds and it never crossed the goalline. Too bad the coaches are inept.
Didn't have a challenge. So try again.
Replay should have been initiated in the booth. I thought it went out before going into the endzone as well

hawganatic

With threads like this, it's a wonder why we struggle to get top players into our program...

jkstock04

Spitting in someone's face? Wow.

Reminds me of what a couple of people on Hogville were posting the other day...they would like to see the players get to spit on the fans in front of their families. Spitting on someone is lowest of the low.

Talk trash, shove them, even punch them.....spitting on someone is much worse than all these combined in my opinion. Morgan was supposed to be the epitome of Bielemas "integrity" campaign. Terrible way for him to go out.

In a way I feel bad for him cause I know for a fact even good guys make mistakes....on the other hand you gotta own it when you screw up royally. He deserves to catch absolute hell for this if it's true.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

panchodeana

No, Drew Morgan certainly didn't single-handedly lose the game. But tonight, he struggled mightily with how to play smart, situational football. Then, when he began to struggle, everyone else, including our dumbstruck head coach, followed down the dead-end path he'd set forth.

EastexHawg

Quote from: Hogarusa on December 29, 2016, 09:59:36 pm
Clarify what this means? The 2 plays arent similar

Yes, they are similar.  Dez had control of the ball and if he had just gone to the ground with it the Cowboys would have had first and goal on the Green Bay one yard line.  Instead he tried to extend it over the goal line and it bounced loose, allowing the official to call it an incomplete pass because he "didn't complete the catch".

hoglady

Morgan just wasn't right tonight.
Don't know what it was.
But tonight doesn't negate the great games he had as a Hog.
Very disappointed in the "spitting incident" / no way to handle yourself.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality