Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morgan ejected

Started by Granny fan, December 29, 2016, 08:43:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on December 30, 2016, 11:41:50 am
Ellis and Morgan got the loudest crowd reaction in LITTLE ROCK also.

So you had to go back to McFadden and Felix Jones to come up with "certain players" who got better crowd reactions. Do you know how long that's been. Plus those two fit into "great player" categories, and they were the obvious best players on the team.  Do You think Ellis is obviously our best player? or do you think Ellis is a great player.

McFadden and Jones. So long ago. You prove my point.

BTW you been to any Hog basketball games during the last two seasons?  Same thing happens there.

Eugene Nash, care to comment?

Is RWIII obviously our best player? I think a case can be made for Ellis and/or Morgan as being more valuable players.
Not to mention they're both seniors, and FROM ARKANSAS.
I used DMAC/Felix as examples because they were the first that came to mind, I'm sure that there are many other examples that I could come up
with if that was something that I wanted to waste my time thinking and/or complaining about.

hogcard1964

Quote from: bacon&eggs on December 30, 2016, 04:58:14 pm
Didn't we have a spitting incident a few years back from another football player?  Maybe on Defense. Under Nutt or Petrino? Seems like we did. Or maybe it was Ohio State.

Either way, I just don't get the spitting thing. I mean, if in the heat of the moment, if I'm really jacked up on Adrenalin, and you say or do something that takes me completely over the top, I'm going to try to beat the chit out of you, I'm not going to spit on you.

Maybe it's more common than I thought, but spitting just seems like a wussy move to me...

One of our players were spit on during the Las Vegas Bowl.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2001/aug/27/spit-happens/

al_pigcino

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 29, 2016, 10:45:00 pm
Morgan is a punk and I am glad his sorry ass got tossed.
BASHING OF USERS, PLAYERS, RECRUITS
We appreciate and encourage open discussion on our site, but not at the expense of openly bashing/harassing people.  It is our policy to remove/relocate any posts that we feel violates our rules of not bashing any player, coach or member of Hogville (banned or not).  Each member of our moderating team has open discretion as to moving/removing offending/violating posts.
Guess this is part of the "discretion" rule, eh?

Temprees

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 03, 2017, 10:11:54 am
One of our players were spit on during the Las Vegas Bowl.

http://lasvegassun.com/news/2001/aug/27/spit-happens/
Since we are comparing spitting, let's consider the following: 
  1. Did he spit in our player's "face"?  That's what Drew did.

2. The Vegas Bowl opponent admitted that he spit on our player and apologized.  Drew never admitted spitting on the VT player.  Drew apologized for getting thrown out of the game, but not for Spitting in the VT player's face.

3. The Vegas Bowl opponent said he spit on our guy because our guy pushed him while out of bounds. Still does not justify spitting on our guy, but it's his reason.  I guess he's saying that in the heat of competition, he reacted improperly to his perceived wrong doing by our guy.  Again, still doesn't justify the spitting, but it's his explanation.  Drew has given no reason for his spitting, nor has he said that he spit in the opponent's face because the VT player did something to him.

Spitting on an opponent is bad.  Spitting in an opponent's face, takes bad to another level.  It's indefensible, and in this particular situation, it's was selfish.  Drew's spitting put our team in a 3rd and 25 situation, instead of a more manageable 3rd and 10.  With 3 timeouts, we still hand a chance to score, and get the ball back with a chance to win.  All hope went out the door with Drew's disgusting and selfish act. 

Please stop trying to excuse this behavior.  Some will say that we're are saying that Morgan was a good Razorback and had a great career.  That's fine but that would go better in a separate threa.  This thread is about Morgan's ejection.  His career has nothing to do with the ejection. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 01:40:54 pm

2. The Vegas Bowl opponent admitted that he spit on our player and apologized.  Drew never admitted spitting on the VT player.  Drew apologized for getting thrown out of the game, but not for Spitting in the VT player's face.

3. The Vegas Bowl opponent said he spit on our guy because our guy pushed him while out of bounds. Still does not justify spitting on our guy, but it's his reason.  I guess he's saying that in the heat of competition, he reacted improperly to his perceived wrong doing by our guy.  Again, still doesn't justify the spitting, but it's his explanation.  Drew has given no reason for his spitting, nor has he said that he spit in the opponent's face because the VT player did something to him.

Spitting on an opponent is bad.  Spitting in an opponent's face, takes bad to another level.  It's indefensible, and in this particular situation, it's was selfish.  Drew's spitting put our team in a 3rd and 25 situation, instead of a more manageable 3rd and 10.  With 3 timeouts, we still hand a chance to score, and get the ball back with a chance to win.  All hope went out the door with Drew's disgusting and selfish act. 

Please stop trying to excuse this behavior.  Some will say that we're are saying that Morgan was a good Razorback and had a great career.  That's fine but that would go better in a separate threa.  This thread is about Morgan's ejection.  His career has nothing to do with the ejection.

For a fan, you sure are trying really hard to attack razorbacks.  His career is exactly what matters. Whether he did it or not (debatable) his career here was a great one and he shouldn't be judged in whole because of this situation or this game.

XX

Couldn't have said it any better myself, maybe one day the boy will grow into a man.
Fill yur hands you son of a bitch!!

hogcard1964

There were probably 40 cameras covering that game, and not one picked up Morgan spitting on someone?

Temprees

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 03, 2017, 02:14:27 pm
There were probably 40 cameras covering that game, and not one picked up Morgan spitting on someone?
So if someone breaks into someone's home and steals a tv, and there is no video of it, are you saying that that means that the break-in and theft didn't happen?  Of course not.  Stop trying to defend the indefensible!!!

hoghearted

no one is defending the action. They're just not ready to burn the young'un at the stake.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

hogcard1964

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 02:41:11 pm
So if someone breaks into someone's home and steals a tv, and there is no video of it, are you saying that that means that the break-in and theft didn't happen?  Of course not.  Stop trying to defend the indefensible!!!

No, but one would think this got picked up somewhere, by one of these many cameras,  no?

XX

al_pigcino

Innocent until proven guilty.........

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 10:04:31 am
Eugene Nash, care to comment?

Is RWIII obviously our best player? I think a case can be made for Ellis and/or Morgan as being more valuable players.
Not to mention they're both seniors, and FROM ARKANSAS.
I used DMAC/Felix as examples because they were the first that came to mind, I'm sure that there are many other examples that I could come up
with if that was something that I wanted to waste my time thinking and/or complaining about.

Eugene Nash was never introduced with the starters.  That was a fun, novelty situation where we've got the win, let see everybody.  That was sorta like Red Auerbach lighting up his victory cigar. 

There have been too many completions to opponent's backs out of the backfield for me to agree that Ellis is our MVP.  Our defense hasn't been very good this year, but if I had to go with a best or most valuable defender, it would be Ledbetter, or Pulley, or Agim.  I would go with those three before Ellis.  I would also go with Austin Allen over Ellis.

As for RWIII, his circumstances seem to dictate a bigger crowd response than some of the others.  Kid comes back from a broken neck to lead our team and the SEC in rushing.  You can see how this kids gives his all on every play. 

As for Morgan, he caught a lot of clutch passes, but he wouldn't block for the other receivers, like they did for him.  I don't see him as the ultimate "team player". 

XX

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 03, 2017, 03:07:42 pm
Is that Stoops?
He was defending himself...equal rights and all that darn.  >:(

Temprees

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 03, 2017, 03:03:17 pm
No, but one would think this got picked up somewhere, by one of these many cameras,  no?
Cameras typically are on the action.  Drew's spitting occurred between plays.  While the spitting was happening, the Cameras were on Bud Foster, VT's defensive coordinator, and the announcers were giving a history on him.  While the camera is on Foster, the yellow flag sign appeared on the screen.

What do we need cameras for?  It has been determined that Drew got ejected for "flagrant" unsportsmanlike conduct.  Coach B said the referee told him that Drew Spit on. VT player.  Drew apologized for getting ejected from the game.  Drew has yet to say what he did to get ejected from the game.  Drew has never denied that he spit on the VT player.  The only ones questioning whether Drew did it, are certain ones on this board. 

Temprees

Quote from: hoghearted on January 03, 2017, 02:43:24 pm
no one is defending the action. They're just not ready to burn the young'un at the stake.
Who is trying to burn him at the stake.  The thread is about his ejection, and the reason therefor.  Who had proposed to do something to Morgan about his spitting?  No one that I have seen. 

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 03:10:14 pm
Eugene Nash was never introduced with the starters.  That was a fun, novelty situation where we've got the win, let see everybody.  That was sorta like Red Auerbach lighting up his victory cigar. 

There have been too many completions to opponent's backs out of the backfield for me to agree that Ellis is our MVP.  Our defense hasn't been very good this year, but if I had to go with a best or most valuable defender, it would be Ledbetter, or Pulley, or Agim.  I would go with those three before Ellis.  I would also go with Austin Allen over Ellis.

As for RWIII, his circumstances seem to dictate a bigger crowd response than some of the others.  Kid comes back from a broken neck to lead our team and the SEC in rushing.  You can see how this kids gives his all on every play. 

As for Morgan, he caught a lot of clutch passes, but he wouldn't block for the other receivers, like they did for him.  I don't see him as the ultimate "team player". 

Never said Ellis was the MVP, I said you could make a case for him being more valuable to the team's success. I agree RWIII has made an incredible comeback, and deserves great credit for making it back; but I think most fans see him and Whaley (sp?) as interchangeable. Can't agree or disagree with Morgan's blocking, but from everything I've seen from him, lack of effort has never been his problem.
With that said, just because YOU think one player deserves more appreciation than another, doesn't mean that others can't think another player deserves more; and if they do feel differently than YOU, it doesn't make them racist; which is what you are implying.

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 03:25:10 pm
Cameras typically are on the action.  Drew's spitting occurred between plays.  While the spitting was happening, the Cameras were on Bud Foster, VT's defensive coordinator, and the announcers were giving a history on him.  While the camera is on Foster, the yellow flag sign appeared on the screen.

What do we need cameras for?  It has been determined that Drew got ejected for "flagrant" unsportsmanlike conduct.  Coach B said the referee told him that Drew Spit on. VT player.  Drew apologized for getting ejected from the game.  Drew has yet to say what he did to get ejected from the game.  Drew has never denied that he spit on the VT player.  The only ones questioning whether Drew did it, are certain ones on this board. 

The reason you have multiple cameras is so you can cover more action. Pointing all cameras in one location, defeats the purpose of having more than one camera.

Temprees

January 03, 2017, 03:41:52 pm #169 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 05:08:48 pm by Temprees
Quote from: PorkRinds on January 03, 2017, 01:46:04 pm
For a fan, you sure are trying really hard to attack razorbacks.  His career is exactly what matters. Whether he did it or not (debatable) his career here was a great one and he shouldn't be judged in whole because of this situation or this game.
I haven't attacked Morgan, or any Razorback.  We are just discussing what happened.  I'm not judging him, just discussing what he did.  The referee termed that Morgan's behavior (spitting on a VT Player) constituted "Flagrant Unsportsmanlike Conduct".  That's what this thread and discussion is about.  If you want to discuss Drew's Razorback career, maybe you should start another thread.  You shouldn't be upset that people are discussing Morgan's ejection in a thread titled, "MORGAN EJECTED".  You would have a better argument if the thread title was "Morgan's Great Career".

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 03:41:52 pm
I haven't attacked Morgan, or any Razorback.  We are just discussing what happened.  I'm not judging him, just discussing what he did.  The referee termed that Morgan's behavior (spitting on a VT Player) constituted "Flagrant Unsportsmanlike Conduct".  That's what this thread and discussion is about.  If you want to discuss Drew's Razorback career, maybe you should start another thread.  You shouldn't be upset that people are discussing Morgan's ejection in a thread titled, "MORGAN EJECTED".  You would have a better argument is the thread title was "Morgan's Great Career".
Through out this entire thread have you not insinuated that he is a selfish player?

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 03:38:58 pm
Never said Ellis was the MVP, I said you could make a case for him being more valuable to the team's success. I agree RWIII has made an incredible comeback, and deserves great credit for making it back; but I think most fans see him and Whaley (sp?) as interchangeable. Can't agree or disagree with Morgan's blocking, but from everything I've seen from him, lack of effort has never been his problem.
With that said, just because YOU think one player deserves more appreciation than another, doesn't mean that others can't think another player deserves more; and if they do feel differently than YOU, it doesn't make them racist; which is what you are implying.
I haven't implied anything.  I have only stated what happens.  You are the one looking for reasons for what is happening, not me. 

By the way, you say that "lack of effort" has never been a problem for Morgan.  So what do you call it when he doesn't block for his receiver teammates?  On the quick screen pass to Reed against VTech, Morgan had one job, and that was to block the cornerback who was 3 yards away.  As a result of the missed block, we going from a successful play of 2nd and 6, to having a 4 yard loss, making it 3 and 10, which we didn't convert and had to punt.  Plays like that matter.  Morgan did the same thing in the Missouri game, missed a block, and Hatcher loss yardage on the same play.  Blocking is nothing but effort.

Piggfoot

Of all the reasons for being flagged for an unsportsman like conduct, spitting is minor in my opinion compared to flagrant late hits and leading with the helmet. That being said a 15 yard penalty should have been the maximum without the ejection. Referee's should know that the spitting was not the complete story. In my opinion Drew was acting out of disgust because of his two previous fumbles.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hogsanity

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 03, 2017, 03:57:02 pm
In my opinion Drew was acting out of disgust because of his two previous fumbles.

Then he should have spit on himself.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 03:43:25 pm
Through out this entire thread have you not insinuated that he is a selfish player?
It would be a selfish act for a player to do something to another play to him the other player back for something the other player did, and then draw a penalty that hurts the team.  My coaches that me that to hit back in this situation is putting my personal feelings above what's best for the team.  It was drilled in us to maintain our composure in this situations, to avoid a penalty that would hurt the team.   If you are in a team sport, it is a selfish ACT to strike back, and hurt the team. 

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 04:58:18 pm
It would be a selfish act for a player to do something to another play to him the other player back for something the other player did, and then draw a penalty that hurts the team.  My coaches that me that to hit back in this situation is putting my personal feelings above what's best for the team.  It was drilled in us to maintain our composure in this situations, to avoid a penalty that would hurt the team.   If you are in a team sport, it is a selfish ACT to strike back, and hurt the team. 

Agree, but you didn't stop there. You went on to say that his effort on some plays was selfish, and then that his lack of effort in other plays was selfish.
You had multiple post calling his dive for the EZ selfish. I have to wonder if another player had attempted this, would you have reached the same conclusion?

Temprees

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 03, 2017, 03:57:02 pm
Of all the reasons for being flagged for an unsportsman like conduct, spitting is minor in my opinion compared to flagrant late hits and leading with the helmet. That being said a 15 yard penalty should have been the maximum without the ejection. Referee's should know that the spitting was not the complete story. In my opinion Drew was acting out of disgust because of his two previous fumbles.
You do realize that Drew's two fumbles occurred early in the 2nd half (during our first two possessions), and that the spitting occurred at the 5:44 mark of the 4th quarter.  You are making yourself look bad.  So since I'm upset with myself for making mistakes, I'm going to spit in YOUR face.  You think that makes any sense. 

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 05:04:06 pm
Agree, but you didn't stop there. You went on to say that his effort on some plays was selfish, and then that his lack of effort in other plays was selfish.
You had multiple post calling his dive for the EZ selfish. I have to wonder if another player had attempted this, would you have reached the same conclusion?
Show me where.  I brought up Drew's lack of blocking for his teammates, in a "lack of effort" discussion.  See my reply #172, in this thread.  Stop making stuff up.

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 03:54:40 pm
I haven't implied anything.  I have only stated what happens.  You are the one looking for reasons for what is happening, not me. 

By the way, you say that "lack of effort" has never been a problem for Morgan.  So what do you call it when he doesn't block for his receiver teammates?  On the quick screen pass to Reed against VTech, Morgan had one job, and that was to block the cornerback who was 3 yards away.  As a result of the missed block, we going from a successful play of 2nd and 6, to having a 4 yard loss, making it 3 and 10, which we didn't convert and had to punt.  Plays like that matter.  Morgan did the same thing in the Missouri game, missed a block, and Hatcher loss yardage on the same play.  Blocking is nothing but effort.

I didn't comment on his blocking one way or the other, you did. I said from what I'VE seen, I haven't noticed a lack of effort on his part.
People miss blocks all the time, you determined it was do to a lack of effort and selfishness. I suppose if he had made the block, but was called for holding; you'd had a problem with that too. Blocking in the open field, when the defender sees the ball carrier, but you don't; isn't the easiest thing to do.

hogfan10

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 05:07:47 pm
Show me where.  I brought up Drew's lack of blocking for his teammates, in a "lack of effort" discussion.  See my reply #172, in this thread.  Stop making stuff up.
Where did I mention blocking in this post? But, I'll start with reply #172.

Razorbax

January 03, 2017, 05:29:56 pm #180 Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:12:25 pm by Razorbax
He did....You just couldn't see it because he does not use a visor.
Quote from: hogsanity on January 03, 2017, 04:11:23 pm
Then he should have spit on himself.

Piggfoot

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 05:04:09 pm
You do realize that Drew's two fumbles occurred early in the 2nd half (during our first two possessions), and that the spitting occurred at the 5:44 mark of the 4th quarter.  You are making yourself look bad.  So since I'm upset with myself for making mistakes, I'm going to spit in YOUR face.  You think that makes any sense. 
How am I making myself look bad. His spitting occured After the fumbles when I think he was disgusted with himself for the fumbles. Yes I think it makes sence. Many people strike out at others when they are mad no matter the reason.

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 03:43:25 pm
Show me.

Temprees

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 03, 2017, 05:42:03 pm
How am I making myself look bad. His spitting occured After the fumbles when I think he was disgusted with himself for the fumbles. Yes I think it makes sence. Many people strike out at others when they are mad no matter the reason.
Thats a long time to wait to strike out.  The spitting was at least a hour after his last fumble.  He had been in the game for numerous plays after his fumbles.  Seems like he could have slammed a helmet on the sidelines or something shortly after the second fumble.  But to spit in someone's face over an hour later.  Your example makes no sense and is a stretch.  That's what I mean by "making yourself look bad".

carolinahogger

Quote from: Sivad on December 29, 2016, 11:04:41 pm
Of course he shouldn't have done it, but you have to wonder what the VaTech player said or did to cause it.

No, you really don't have to wonder what the VT player said.  The VT player got under Morgan's skin.  Morgan lost his composure.  Morgan made an immature selfish choice.  Talking is part of the game.  VT player wins, Morgan (and the Hogs) lose.  Don't try to make excuses for him.

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 05:09:50 pm
I didn't comment on his blocking one way or the other, you did. I said from what I'VE seen, I haven't noticed a lack of effort on his part.
People miss blocks all the time, you determined it was do to a lack of effort and selfishness. I suppose if he had made the block, but was called for holding; you'd had a problem with that too. Blocking in the open field, when the defender sees the ball carrier, but you don't; isn't the easiest thing to do.
You are twisting what I said.  Lack of effort was related to his lack of blocking.  It was separate from the selfish comment. I said it was a selfish act on Drew's part to get the flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The block I speak of is not an open field block. It's at the line of scrimmage on the quick screen.  All of the other receivers (Hatcher, Reed, Holister, and Cornelius) routinely make this block.  Drew routinely misses this block, and we end up with a loss yardage play.  It's one of the easier blocks that a WR has to make.  High school kids make this block all the time.  Go back at look at the video in the Missouri and the VTech games.  Drew is the only one to fail to make the block.  He didn't even make contact with the defender from 3-5 yards away with both of them starting out stationery. 

I said his blocking was an example of "lack of effort", and it was.  I also said that he does not block for his teammates like his teammates block for him.  That is also true.  My comments were in response to another poster.  Sorry that those true comments are a problem for you.

Temprees

Quote from: hogfan10 on January 03, 2017, 05:04:06 pm
I did not call his dive to the end zone selfish.  That was another poster. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 06:31:20 pm
You are twisting what I said.  Lack of effort was related to his lack of blocking.  It was separate from the selfish comment. I said it was a selfish act on Drew's part to get the flagrant unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The block I speak of is not an open field block. It's at the line of scrimmage on the quick screen.  All of the other receivers (Hatcher, Reed, Holister, and Cornelius) routinely make this block.  Drew routinely misses this block, and we end up with a loss yardage play.  It's one of the easier blocks that a WR has to make.  High school kids make this block all the time.  Go back at look at the video in the Missouri and the VTech games.  Drew is the only one to fail to make the block.  He didn't even make contact with the defender from 3-5 yards away with both of them starting out stationery. 

I said his blocking was an example of "lack of effort", and it was.  I also said that he does not block for his teammates like his teammates block for him.  That is also true.  My comments were in response to another poster.  Sorry that those true comments are a problem for you.

So you were commenting about his career after all, and not just the spitting incident. And here I thought you were crying about starting a new thread so you could bash his career.

Temprees

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 03, 2017, 07:53:12 pm
So you were commenting about his career after all, and not just the spitting incident. And here I thought you were crying about starting a new thread so you could bash his career.
I see you have no response to this comment. I guess the truth hurts.  All of my comments are responses to others posts. 

Piggfoot

Quote from: Temprees on January 03, 2017, 06:08:18 pm
Thats a long time to wait to strike out.  The spitting was at least a hour after his last fumble.  He had been in the game for numerous plays after his fumbles.  Seems like he could have slammed a helmet on the sidelines or something shortly after the second fumble.  But to spit in someone's face over an hour later.  Your example makes no sense and is a stretch.  That's what I mean by "making yourself look bad".
Heck that's not too long . I've had wives who never forget, at times got mad about dreams and blamed me. They stay p***ed for ever. Revenge is best served cold.

Youngsta71701

He could have gotten another unsportsmanlike penalty with 3:13 left to go in the 1st half when he fielded a punt and threw it on the back of a Virginia Tech player after acting like he was trying to hand him the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwReKNOqnMY
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

woodrow hog call

Yeah but at least he didn't do what the Ohio State player did, weirdest thing I have ever seen on a football field. I think DM can overcome spitting easier than that dude can live down what he did.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

PLHawg

This happened a week ago.  Time to put this thread to bed, sheesh...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PLHawg on January 05, 2017, 02:45:28 pm
This happened a week ago.  Time to put this thread to bed, sheesh...
Watching the game again on youtube. Missed that the first time. Sorry if it hurts your feelings. The game was a week ago and Razorback fans are still talking about it. Anything else?

Should we just wait and come back close to the beginning of next year to talk about Razorback football again?

Family member?
Close friend?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"