Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas: Recruiting, Attrition and Coaching

Started by Pork Twain, November 22, 2016, 10:16:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

311Hog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 04, 2017, 10:34:09 am
Hogs sign the 9th or 10th best class in the sec year after year ( which is still top 20ish nationally ) but some of you still want to act like they have just as much talent as everyone else in the league except Bama. Your heads could not be further in the sand if you tried.

I am not saying we have just as much talent as everyone except Bama.  I am saying that Bama is so out infront of EVERYONE else in terms of talent/depth/consistency that they are really the only team that the gap is so glaring that it is almost insurmountable.

All the other front of the pack SEC teams with alot of good recruiting classes have flaws or depth issues or coach issues or something that makes them "more beatable" then Bama.

Bama is really the gold standard they have every possible advantage to dominate in college football and guess what? they have. 

Football is a unique sport where the bigger man does not always win, but will win most of the time all things considered.  We have been and will continue to be who are in terms of recruiting.  Our rankings will almost never change unless as i said someone or someone's fails/gets caught etc.  So our only hope is to "out work" and not beat ourselves on game day it is a harder road but is our only choice.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 04, 2017, 10:40:36 am
This is an area he's going to have to make great strides in.  It shouldn't be too much to expect us to be in the middle of the SEC in recruiting.  Hell we should actually expect more.
Whoa Whoa Whoa...don't go too far...Your head will be in the sand.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 04, 2017, 10:40:36 am
This is an area he's going to have to make great strides in.  It shouldn't be too much to expect us to be in the middle of the SEC in recruiting.  Hell we should actually expect more.

We have NEVER recruited as high as you are saying we should expect. Never....
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Darren DeLoach (semohawg) on January 04, 2017, 03:57:53 pm
We have NEVER recruited as high as you are saying we should expect. Never....
That's what I keep saying. If we're waiting on top recruiting to turn this thing around it will never happen. He has to play the cards he's dealt and play them well in order to get it done. Plain & Simple.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/