Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Positive thread

Started by Lanny, October 18, 2014, 11:24:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

StanHog

We are winning in untimely 15 yard penalties.

PORKULATOR

Are you kidding me... The calls are sketchy in a blowout... Wth
Everytime I reach a goal or achieve something new in life, someone's beat me there and wrote f♡€% you all over it - JD Salinger
I've got a fever and the only perscription...  is more cowbell.- THE Bruce Dickenson.

Buffhog

Hogs up 7-0 in second half....little victories add up

Buffhog

Martygit

ALL RIGHT!! 2 pages in the positive thread!!! WPS!!!
RIP OTR, REV

Razor1997

We're winning 12-7!  If you don't count that disastrous 2nd quarter, anyway.

Capt. Hamm

Finally getting some calls!

Capt. Hamm

gijoejd

Buffhog

Looks like a different team

Capt. Hamm

Atlhogfan1

The positive is the team didn't give up. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razor1997

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 18, 2014, 05:36:05 pm
The positive is the team didn't give up.

Absolutely this.  Last year this would have been a 52-6 final score.

hellwonthaveme

Jen got her picture taken with Justin Moore last night.....

PRJ

Martygit

Something CBB said or did at halftime has brought this team to play in the second half - we may not win (need 3 TD's w/o GA scoring), but at least we're playing - unlike the first half
RIP OTR, REV

hellwonthaveme

Let the dude respond to me Lanny....

PRJ

Buffhog

Dr. Starcs

I'll be danged. A caught punt.

We are making progress.

Martygit

Positives:  A & M scored no points on Alabama
                Missouri scored no points on Georgia
RIP OTR, REV

Horthawg

The east now has a victory over a west team so there's that.
Once a Hog-ALWAYS A HOG!

Dr. Starcs

Why can't we be more aggressive vertically early in the game?

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on October 18, 2014, 06:15:31 pm
Why can't we be more aggressive vertically early in the game?

Hey man...We are blind followers here.....

Even the band....

PRJ

Dark Helmet Hog

The team is still fighting. At least that is a positive.

Piggfoot

My first trip here. At least they didn't just lay down. Hopefully we can beat Mizzou And Ole Miss
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

scooby21322

I switched over here from the vent thread.  The second half still gives me hope.  If the halves had been switched, we wouldn't feel as bad about a 13 point loss. 

hellwonthaveme

Quote from: scooby21322 on October 18, 2014, 06:30:59 pm
I switched over here from the vent thread.  The second half still gives me hope.  If the halves had been switched, we wouldn't feel as bad about a 13 point loss. 

Ha....HAha....hahahahahaha

Hope....HAHA

PRJ

Tim

The SEC season is halfway over. 

The_Bionic_Pig

Take away those turnovers and this game is TIGHT!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

axedawg

root_hawg

Proud of how they handled the second half unlike tam who quit in second half, I'm liking this team next year and years after as we build depth and get more quality players

RedSkiesAtNightHog

Arkansas played much better in the second half.  They did not quit.  There is still hope for 6 wins! 

Melorock089

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 18, 2014, 05:40:49 pm
Jen got her picture taken with Justin Moore last night.....

PRJ

Yeah, let's stalk the coach's wife and boom, we discovered EXACTLY why we lost today.

XavierZane

Once again the game came down to a few key moments and mistakes that, per usual, can be traced back to lack of depth and inexperience.  We lose a dynamic defensive player or two and the difference in execution is noticeable.  One mistake snowballs into a morale shift.

Think on this:  with about ten minutes to go in the second quarter the game was 10-6 and we had stopped them on third down. An unseen unsportsmanlike conduct penalty negates this and leads to a score.  Immediately after this there's a fumble that leads to a touchdown, the first of three turnovers that led almost immediately to scores.  Georgia got 28 points in 9 minutes due to our self-inflicted wounds.  The fact that we came back from that and made Georgia feel like the game was in contention again is pretty impressive. 

My opinion of the team is still positive, and my assessment of them is basically the same as before this game.  We've lost to three Top 10 games due almost solely to self-inflicted wounds (and a couple questionable calls).  We still need depth on defense, and we need a couple more playmakers on offense.  Brandon Allen needs to consistently play like he did in the second half and 1st quarter, or at least not compound mistakes by losing composure. 

CountryHam

Loosing all these SEC games will make that first win so much sweeter!...is that positive enough?

scooby21322

Quote from: Porkrind Jimmy on October 18, 2014, 06:31:59 pm
Ha....HAha....hahahahahaha

Hope....HAHA

PRJ

You have to admire a well thought, articulate, critique.   

XavierZane

Another positive is that I was genuinely impressed with the fans at the game.  I turned off the game for a bit at the end of the first half, I'll admit.  When I turned it back on as the 3rd quarter started, I expected the stadium to be half empty.  But it seemed like only a few people left, and they stayed supportive throughout the second half.