Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-7 in conference after starting 2-5

Started by Lanny, February 22, 2014, 05:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg Red

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 24, 2014, 10:06:35 am
We should have beaten Fla. If they were the best team in the country, they would have beaten the Hogs by 20.

Any minute now, the polls should come out with Florida ranked #1.

Were they the best team in the country when they played Arkansas? No. Not even close. Did not have Prather and Young and Wilbekin were banged up. We blew that one. Definitely should have beat them and have no excuse. They were any better than us that afternoon. But right now? They're as good as anyone in the country. You make yourself look bad by saying otherwise.

HF#1

We should have beaten Fla. If they were the best team in the country, they would have beaten the Hogs by 20.

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahaha *breath* ahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ifghog

Many are predicting Florida to be a 1 seed and maybe the favorite to win it all....KY I agree with you on. The Hogs can play with anyone in the country too buddy. May not win... but can play with anyone.

LRRandy

Quote from: dhornjr1 on February 22, 2014, 08:20:44 pm
One more point in regulation against Florida, one more point in regulation against Georgia, and two more points at Missouri and we're sitting at 21-6 overall and 10-4 in the conference.

It's that close.
inability to finish. There are lots of mediocre teams that would make the tournament if two or three games had gone the other way. Finishing games with wins is what separates tournament teams from also rans.   
This is fun, isn't it.

hogsanity

Quote from: ifghog on February 24, 2014, 10:25:20 am
Many are predicting Florida to be a 1 seed and maybe the favorite to win it all....KY I agree with you on. The Hogs can play with anyone in the country too buddy. May not win... but can play with anyone.

and get get their backsides handed to them by the likes of A&m too.  A&M ir ranked 300th in scoring offense, yet they beat the hogs by 17 or so. But they could NOT play with Syracuse, or Arizona.  Creighton would make what they did to top 10 Villanova, TWICE, look tame compared to what they would do to the Hogs.  They would make so many 3's I have no doubt they would set a record. Duke would win by as many as they wanted to win by. No, this team could NOT play with anyone in the country.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

sportster365

The resiliance of this team is impressive. In all but 2 of their conference losses they've been competitive and in the game during the last few minutes. At least 5 of those losses could have went either way imo.

With so many conf. teams tied for 4th place right now, it's going to make for a very interesting finish. Let's just hope none of the remainding games are decided by the refs.

hogsanity

Quote from: sportster365 on February 26, 2014, 08:50:03 am
Let's just hope none of the remainding games are decided by the refs.

If the Hogs lose, even if it is by 20+, you can bet many here will blame the refs.  According to some people, the Hogs have never ever lost a game in the hsotory of the school, in any sport, that was called failry.  The only reason the Hogs ever lose is because the refs rip them off. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jry04

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 24, 2014, 10:17:48 am
Any minute now, the polls should come out with Florida ranked #1.

Were they the best team in the country when they played Arkansas? No. Not even close. Did not have Prather and Young and Wilbekin were banged up. We blew that one. Definitely should have beat them and have no excuse. They were any better than us that afternoon. But right now? They're as good as anyone in the country. You make yourself look bad by saying otherwise.
Don't bother with HiM. He never watches the games, but then comes on here to be the first one to bash us. Does the same in baseball. I still remember the year we went to the World Series he got on Hogville and said we would not win another game going into the last series of the regular season. We ended up making the semis of the CWS.

dhornjr1

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2014, 10:49:29 am
inability to finish. There are lots of mediocre teams that would make the tournament if two or three games had gone the other way. Finishing games with wins is what separates tournament teams from also rans.   

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was saying.

sportster365

Quote from: LRRandy on February 24, 2014, 10:49:29 am

As much as I'd love to disagree with on this, you're right. It's just comforting knowing you've got a product out there that's competitive and at the least will be in the game in the winding minutes no matter who they're playing... Florida, Missouri or Kentucky

hawg IQ

Quote from: hogsanity on February 26, 2014, 09:37:56 am
If the Hogs lose, even if it is by 20+, you can bet many here will blame the refs.  According to some people, the Hogs have never ever lost a game in the hsotory of the school, in any sport, that was called failry.  The only reason the Hogs ever lose is because the refs rip them off. 
Glad you said that..same thing I've being sayin too!
go hogs go !

hawg IQ

Quote from: hawg IQ on February 26, 2014, 08:31:53 pm
Glad you said that..same thing I've being sayin too!
Really though, (SEC)Refs aren't the best in football or basketball, I do think they are better in baseball.

My deal is there just so much passion in sec locale, refs have to be bias IMO .

I said many times pay them more and create a national pool to where they can make a living doing a good job officiating. That totally eliminates bias's. They have ncaa supervisors to answer to like any other work places. Should involve more training to be officials, much like major league umpires.
go hogs go !