Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V-Kentucky

Started by flippinhogmana, January 27, 2018, 09:28:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

Really nice effort throughout the game, I will give them that.

I will be really glad when we have the personnel such that we don't have to have Cosper defend the 4 and give up 3-4 inches game in and game out.

psycHOGlogist

From down 28 to losing by 11.

That's some good effort.

Lace 'em up next time, ladies.

flippinhogmana

cosper hits a three, to cut it to 13
21 seconds to go hogs ball, foul on uk (make up fouls now)
zimmer hits the first, and the second down 11 and thats it. 76-65
mainly the hogs didnt show up and got outplayed,
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

Does anyone know who the black haired female referee was.  I lasted as long as I could then told her what I thought and left.
She SUCKS beyond repair. Honest to God she is the WORST one in the SEC.

jackflash

I feel sorry for Mike

flippinhogmana

January 29, 2018, 08:38:53 pm #55 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:24:21 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: ladybackfan on January 29, 2018, 08:25:20 pm
Does anyone know who the black haired female referee was.  I lasted as long as I could then told her what I thought and left.
She SUCKS beyond repair. Honest to God she is the WORST one in the SEC.

thank you!
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ladybackfan

flippinhogmana

January 29, 2018, 09:17:29 pm #57 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:25:00 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: ladybackfan on January 29, 2018, 09:13:21 pm
Heroin????

haha, do you spell that differently like hero?

razorjack

You should say hero as that would be correct.

ladybackfan

Then she calls a Technical on Neighbors. If she is here calling the A&M game I will not last the 1st qtr.

flippinhogmana

January 29, 2018, 10:04:28 pm #60 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 05:28:16 am by flippinhogmana
Quote from: razorjack on January 29, 2018, 09:52:36 pm
You should say hero as that would be correct.

actually it was a case of mistaken identity!  I misread the poster and thought it was LBBF who said that

Dr. Starcs

Amazing how jimmy dykes can suck so bad as a coach and leave this program in shambles and then waltz right back to espn like he never left and get paid to give his expert opinion on college basketball. I don't even wanna know how much he's making. He must have pictures of somebody.

LadybackBBFan

Two comments: we need stronger, taller players who can shoot and play defense.  Until that happens, we will not be able to really compete in the SEC.  Defenses have figured out how to stop our offense.  Kentucky after starting in a man defense switched to a zone that was attacking with pressure with taller, stronger players.  We had no solution until the fourth quarter when we slid a wing player into the middle which opened the defense up a little.  Give us a 4 - with strength that is 6' 2" tall and can catch and shoot a 15' shot and we would have given them a game - oh wait I forgot about that referee.  Never mind!

flippinhogmana

there is no denying that this game last night hurt a lot.  But at least in the second half Devin Cosper reemerged.  I didnt think she played herself in the first half at all.  It made a lot of difference the way she played in the second half.

The officiating (and we have seen several poorly officiated games) sucked as bad as I have ever seen last night.  there was quite a few bad calls.  One call in particular (and I rewound and reviewed it) was the fourth foul called on Macy Weaver as an example.  Weaver never touched the uk player, she played her close, but she didnt bump her down low nor did she touch her with her arms.  It was clearly a lazy, incompetent anticipation call.

oh well, some day that wont affect us as much.

flippinhogmana

I think that we have now lost two games that we might have won, likely would have won (at least the Florida game) had not DC been injured.  I say this one two because she really didnt make a difference in the first half.

Sometimes you hear announcers say "he/she is really feeling it now", when a player gets in a zone where everything is going right for them.  As some one who has gone through a similar injury as Devin's getting physically healthy again is just part of getting back to game shape.  Getting back in the flow is still necessary.  I believe Devin finally did that in the second half.

In Mike Neighbor's system, personnel is everything.  You have to have shooters, but against the zone especially you have to have certain type players who can expose its gaps and you have to have rebounders.  We all know we are short, and we all know that we have to be hot to beat decent teams in the SEC.  There is no margin for error with our schedule and the personnel we have this year.  The Alabama game will tell us in part whether Devin is fully back or not.

Alabama owes us one.  They didn't beat us, they were gifted and I think, even on the road, the team might just want a little vengeance.  We will see.