Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

V = Auburn

Started by flippinhogmana, January 12, 2018, 01:05:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Auburn has played three ranked teams so far of their four games.  They have lost to Tenner, A&M and SC by 9-11 points, so they play tough (the Tenner game and SC were on the road).  They are a guard oriented offense, but usually one of their forwards also contributes in the twenty range, but it has been a different forward each game.  They have six players 6-2 or taller. 

It promises to be a challenging game, especially on the road and they will bring pressure.

The game is Sunday, at 5:00 and will be available on SEC plus (internet) and on SEC TV (on the SEC TV it shows a 4pm broadcast)
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 12, 2018, 01:05:33 pm
Auburn has played three ranked teams so far of their four games.  They have lost to Tenner, A&M and SC by 9-11 points, so they play tough (the Tenner game and SC were on the road).  They are a guard oriented offense, but usually one of their forwards also contributes in the twenty range, but it has been a different forward each game.  They have six players 6-2 or taller. 

It promises to be a challenging game, especially on the road and they will bring pressure.

The game is Sunday, at 5:00 and will be available on SEC plus (internet) and on SEC TV (on the SEC TV it shows a 4pm broadcast)
It is 5:00 P.M. Eastern time.

flippinhogmana

Currently in the standing in the conference there is one lone team undefeated at 4-0 (Ms State).  Six teams are at 3-1, one team (LSU) is at 2-2 and four teams (including us) sit at 1-3, two teams (Florida and Vanderbilt) sit a 0-4.

We could still finish the season mid pack despite our lack of height.  But today's game will have a big impact on our ability to do that.  Auburn is also a 1-3 team.  They rely on their press for a lot of their points, if we can handle that without a lot of turnovers, we have a good shot at this game despite playing on the road.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

In early action Tenner is up on SC at the half, SC is without Wilson who is out with a foot injury.  Dont know if she will return by the time we play them.

Florida was up by ten over LSU in the first quarter, but still maintain the lead by four at the end of the quarter.  They play btw a lot like us (Florida).

flippinhogmana

midway through the third, tenner now up on SC by 15
LSU now up by three over Florida at same juncture

flippinhogmana

looks like Tenner will beat SC handily now and Florida will lose its fifth straight in conference.

Georgia is at the Aggies in the game before ours - they are both 3-1

Alabama is at Ms State and unless I am greatly surprised, Georgia and Bama will be two loss teams after today.

Missouri does not play today.

Kentucky (1-3) plays at Vanderbilt (0-4) on Monday.

flippinhogmana

However A&M at home comes out cold and scores only nine points in the first quarter - Georgia up by ten at the end of one.

Our game starts in an hour and a half.

flippinhogmana

The aggies got down by 13 early and havent been able to overcome it as yet.  They are down seven at half.

flippinhogmana

the aggies have come back to take a two point lead late in the third quarter over the dogs
But the tide has a four point lead early over the dogs of Ms State.

Our game is now thirty minutes away.

flippinhogmana

aggies and dogs going to overtime tied 73 all

flippinhogmana

our televised game is delay a bit, but the game is about to start

flippinhogmana

turnover by cosper, and auburn goes up 2-0
mason and then zimmer hit threes to go out to a 6-2 lead and the tigers take a to

flippinhogmana

tigers score on an inbound play to cut the lead to two

Willimas misses a couple of times inside
tigers come up empty on their possession and the hogs respond likewise
still 6-4
with 6:51 to go
tigers fouled on the way to the basket by monk
miss the first ft, hit te second, 6-5
zimmer misses the three but get her own board, cosper misses but zimmer gets the board and is fouled on th follow
hits the first ft, and the second, hogs 8-5

flippinhogmana

thomas scores inside off a feed from mason, hogs 10-5

flippinhogmana

monk hits a three, 13-5 hogs
tigers hit a runner, 13-7 hogs
cosper misses but an offensive board by zimmer,
zimmwe hHAS FIVE BOARDS
zimmer hits another three 16-7

flippinhogmana

cosper cant buy a basket but zimmer has nine points

flippinhogmana

Rnb misses a three, and the tigers hit a bucket to make it 16-9
zimmer misses a three but Rnb gets the board, Cosper misses and turns her ankle
Thomas gets the board
cosper down on the floor

flippinhogmana

cosper helped off the court, hogs 16-9 with 1:38 to go in the quarter
thomas with a foul
swenson in along with Rnb and Thomas
monk misses a forced jumper
under thirty seconds to go, tigers forced a layup inside, 16-11
and that is the score at the end of one quarter.

flippinhogmana

hogs 4-12 on three pointers but cold of late
tigers miss a couple of times inside
monk drives and misses
monk gets and offensive boad and puts it back in, 18-11 hogs
Rbn picks up a foul on a drive tigers hit the first ft, and the second, 18-13 hogs

flippinhogmana

RnB hits a three from the corner, 21-13 and auburn turns it over on the other end, right now the tigers have more turnovers than the hogs
monk drives and her shot is blocked out of bounds, sevne to shoot
turn it over on the inbound
21:13  under sevne to go to go in the half
Mason hits a two, 23-13

tied up on the other end, goes as a turnover, hogs ball

flippinhogmana

zimmer hits another three, has eleven points, hogs 26-13

flippinhogmana

tiges turn it over RnB feeds williams for a layup, 28-13 with under six to go in the half and a time out on the court

flippinhogmana

cosper might not be back this game, but it will definitely be after the half if she is

flippinhogmana

mason leading with assists with three, monk two, rnb two as well, zimmer still leads in boards with five, rnb with 3, williams with four

flippinhogmana

none one has more than one foul
zimmer misses a three but mason with the board and then hits a two, 30-13
cosper has been taken to the locker room
tigers score on a runner inside, 30-15

flippinhogmana

Immer misses a three, long board goes to mason who hits a three, 33-15 hogs with 3:23 to go
monk misses after a tigers empty possession
under three to go
tigers with a shot clock violation
mason walks trying to feed thomas
2:22 to go
thomas picks up her second foul and willaims comes back in
rbn is fouled and its a turn over, monk scores and the hogs lead by 20
rbn with another board and misses a three on the other end

flippinhogmana

monk hits a three and hogs lead 38-15 with under a minute tpo go, and the tigers score, hogs have it, zimmer is fouled and should go to the line, no side out to the hogs, hogs will play for the last shot, up by 21, williams hits and the hogs lead 40-17 at the half, how about them apples?

flippinhogmana

zimmerman with 11, monk with 10, mason with 10, william 4, rbn 3, thmas with 2

Dwight_K_Shrute

WPS!  Great game so far. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

flippinhogmana

boards, zimmer with six, william with the same, rnb with 4, monk with 3, thomas with one.  Thomas is the only person with more than one foul as well

flippinhogmana

easily the best half of basketball the hogs have played this year (and on the road).  The press has not hurt them at all.

flippinhogmana

the tigers dont have much of a half court offense either.

Sow’sEar

Good half Arkansas!  Keep it up and get that road win!

flippinhogmana

second half about to start

flippinhogmana

tigers with the ball, turn it over
hogs dont push it and turn if over
foul on the other end, tigers hit the first, and the second, 41-19
and get tied up, but keep the ball
rnb misses from the conrer but willimas boards and gets a put back, twelve offensive boards fo the hogs,
43-19
williams get the offensive board again on a mason miss
mason travels trying to feed williams inside

flippinhogmana

tigers travel on the other end
7;16 to go in the third, hogs still by 24, zimmer picks up her third foul
tigers hit a jumper and then score again next time down, 43-23 with six to go
hogs nearly turn it over, tigers getting energy back with the two buckets
mason hits a bucket from the free throw line, hogs back up by 22

flippinhogmana

williams picks up her second foul
tigers score inside, back to a twenty point game
williams with another offensive board and is fouled
zimmer is fouled on the inbound shot will go to the line, misses the first, and hits the second, 46-25 hogs

flippinhogmana

tigers hit a three, 46-28 with 4:47 to gozimmer throws it away and gives up a run out bucket, 46-30
refs giving the tigers a little leeway here on contact
time out on the court, media,

flippinhogmana

mason now leads with 13, zimmer with 12, monk still on ten, williams with six

flippinhogmana

4:06 to go in the 3rd
monk misses but rnb gets the board and the stick back, 48-30
thomas loes the board out of bound, tigers ball
and they score inside, 48-32,
mason feeds thomas inside for a two, 50-32

flippinhogmana

tigers foulded insde by thomas, to the line, hits the first, and the second, 50-34, 2:34 to go in the third
monk misses and the ball out of bounds to the tigers,
hogs are now in the bonus, rnb at the line, hits the first, and the second, 52-34 hogs with twominutes to go in the quarter

flippinhogmana

tigers lose it out of bounds, monk is fouled bringing it up, at the line, hits the first, and the second, back to a twenty point lead, 54-34
tigers miss but get the board and are balled out on a foul by thomas, her third,
hits the first, (1:24 tro go) and the second, 18 point lead

flippinhogmana

rnb with an airball, tigers on the run out and a foul on swesnon
tigers to the line with under a minute to go
hits the first, and misess the second but its a tie up that goes to the tigers,
49 seconds to go in the quarter
they score inside but foul monk on the inbound,
monk hits the first, and (24 second to go) and the second 17 pt lead
and the score at the end of three is 56-39

flippinhogmana

monk now leads in scoring with 14, mason 13, zimmer 12, rnb 7, williams 6, thomas 4

flippinhogmana

williams leads in boards with 9, zimer with 7 and rnb with 6

flippinhogmana

hogs open the quarter with the ball and williams throws it away
foul on zimmer
non shooting
tigers score on the drive, hogs by fifteen
hogs didnt really play for a shot and barely beat the shot clock with a miss
and monk fouls on the other end
tigers to the line, hit two 56-43
rbn misses a three, but williams gets a stick back, 58-43
eight minutes to go

flippinhogmana

hogs only have eight tournovers so far
monk with aboard on the other end
williams with the all inside is fouled on the shot, to the line, I dont see how they called that non shooting,
but she hits a runs and one on the inbound, misses the ft, 60-43 hogs
tigers get a bucket on the other end in close, 60-45 with just under seven to go
6:38 to go, hogs ball, tie ball, tournover to tigers
willaims another board on the other end
zimmer a miss
williams anothe rboard mason misses, monk fouls

flippinhogmana

5:24 to go
tigers score inside cut the lad to 13 pts
mason his a short jumper
tigers score on the other end and they say a hogs foul
62-39 and the tigers ball, with 5 to go
hogs are getting completely out of their offensive rhytmn by milking time off the clock

flippinhogmana

4:41 to go
they give auburn shots too!
could be a six point turn around
hits the two fts
but they miss the shot, monk board
mn with a time out 4:01 to go, hogs lead by 11

flippinhogmana

hogs ball out of the timeout, and I have lost the feed
got it back
mason feeds williams inside for a bucket, 64-51, tie up on the other end, hogs ball
swenson shot is blocked
tigers hit a three, tigers down ten
2:40 to go
hogs shoots an airball, tigers travel on the other end
2:20 to go, hogs ball
zimmer is fouled
in the penalty misses the first, hits the second, 65-54