Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cancun or Cabo?

Started by sowmonella, March 20, 2017, 09:05:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sowmonella

Trying to decide where to go late next month. Enjoyed Cancun last year but might enjoy seeing another area. Thoughts?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

ricepig

I much preferred Cabo over Cancun, but I was always getting in a couple of days of golf. There are some top notch resorts at Cabo that are away from the people/crowd/tourists, but they are expensive. We really never spent a lot of time clubbing in Cabo, so I really can't comment on that part. Cancun was crowded and touristy, but the beach was nice at the Ritz were we stayed.

hoglady

Quote from: sowmonella on March 20, 2017, 09:05:20 am
Trying to decide where to go late next month. Enjoyed Cancun last year but might enjoy seeing another area. Thoughts?

My best friend for over 50 years is in Cabo now - it's one of her favorite places.
And she's a globetrotter. Travels all over the world - at least 2 trips out of the country every year.
I have another friend who loved Cabo so much he bought a house there.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

cosmodrum

You've been to Cancun, and Cabo is supposed to be great, so...Cabo.
Go away, batin'

Hogfaniam

Cabo.  Just stay close to town.
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

ricepig

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: sowmonella on March 20, 2017, 09:05:20 am
Cabo is very nice. In fact, I totally prefer. I enjoy NOT having the constant "rat race" and "tourist slam" attitude/approach the Cancun. While I realize some folks enjoy all the clubs, bars, cafes, CROWDED (understatement) beaches and packed in hotels, condos, etc. of the Yucatan, to me Cabo is so much more relaxed. While it's no means a "party a minute", it's by no means devoid of nice restaurants and other places to go and do. 

hogslobber

Have been to Cancun a few times, and the Playa del Carmen area about 10 times.

Was in the Cabo area once a few years ago and stayed near San Jose del Cabo , where the airport is.

San Jose / Cabo san Lucas area is great because it is a desert on the beach.  Good golf and fishing.  Low humidity. 

Here is the draw back :

YOU CAN NOT SWIM IN THE OCEAN.

It is the Pacific and it is cold and rough with a terrible undertow.  The sand is brown and course.

Would not go to the Cancun Hotel Zone because of the rough water and congested beach.

The Playa del Carmen area is great.  Very good beaches with beautiful Caribbean water.

It does get hot and humid, but it is a great beach trip.