Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two players killed in unrelated car accidents in the Dominican Republic

Started by jbcarol, January 22, 2017, 06:12:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/FanRagSports/status/823212700771618817

QuoteKansas City Royals' starting pitcher Yordano Ventura has passed away at the age of 25. Ventura was tragically killed in a car accident in the Dominican Republic on Sunday morning.

Former Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves and Arizona Diamondbacks' infielder Andy Marte was also tragically killed in a car accident in the Dominican Republic on Sunday morning.

"Sad to learn of Andy Marte's death this morning," read the Indians' statement. "He was a genuine person who always greeted you with a warm smile."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

That Coward Robert Ford ‏@raford3 8h8 hours ago

Andy Marte's last MLB game was 8/6/14 w/ Arizona, against KC. Royals starting pitcher that day? Yordano Ventura. Both gone too soon. RIP.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Max Scherzer ‏@Max_Scherzer 5h5 hours ago

My deepest condolences to the Ventura and Marte families..  Another day where we have to reflect on how precious life really is.

clutch

Brings back memories of OT. Especially since him and Ventura were good friends. My first thought was about Ventura writing OT #18 on his hat for that world series game and then going out and pitching a great game.