Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cryptocurrencies heading into 2018...

Started by NuttinItUp, December 18, 2017, 03:05:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

December 18, 2017, 03:05:40 pm Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:52:01 am by NuttinItUp
I made a lot of money this last year with Bitcoin. However, there are a lot of other cryptocurrencies that are better than Bitcoin moving forward. (both in terms of an investment and in terms of usefulness)

I am in the process of trading my Bitcoin into other currencies. Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on this topic?

I already have a small amount (<$5000 each) of Dash, Bitcoin Cash, Ether, and Litecoin. However from my research, I like the looks of IOTA, Cardano, and NEO for big gains in 2018. (IOTA especially; I think that will be what I hold the most of.)

I looked at Qtum after I noticed it had gained more than 70% over the past 24 hours (as of me writing this), but I think NEO holds much of the same advantage as Qtum (Chinese-based, etc.) and seems more stable, so I am going to be putting maybe 15-20% into that.

The reason I am high on IOTA is the underlying technology seems to be a huge leap forward (It uses a "tangle" concept as opposed to the blockchain that most of the others use.) as well as some major players being on board with it.

Anyone else have any thoughts? I can give my opinion on some other ones, but I don't want to write a novel here that no one will want to read.

Edit: As I looked into it more, I adjusted my expectations downward for IOTA. It is more of a longer term bet, and so I bought some other currencies in place of my IOTA position.

NuttinItUp

Note: I really only keep an eye on the currencies that are in the top 20, and mostly only those in the top 10 or so by market cap.

https://coinmarketcap.com/

widespreadsooie

With everyone talking about Bitcoin and considering it's success, the fact that Cardano and IOTA are very cheap has my interest peaked. I know zero about the market/industry though. Is crypto currency really the next big thing or is this simply a trend?

NuttinItUp

December 18, 2017, 07:10:57 pm #3 Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 07:51:10 pm by NuttinItUp
Quote from: widespreadsooie on December 18, 2017, 06:34:22 pm
With everyone talking about Bitcoin and considering it's success, the fact that Cardano and IOTA are very cheap has my interest peaked. I know zero about the market/industry though. Is crypto currency really the next big thing or is this simply a trend?

widespreadsooie, that is the big question to ask yourself.

It could plausibly be argued that one or more of these technologies will fundamentally redefine the monetary system as we know it. If that were the case, then these are all SERIOUSLY undervalued at the moment. In other words, if monetary systems can be decoupled from the state (any country), this would be a huge transition and the first of its kind in human history. The value of such a monetary transition would be immense.

(Note: That is the very libertarian "dream" scenario argument. It could be the case that state control over monetary systems will stay firmly in the control of the state.)

I would caution against saying that any one cryptocurrency is "cheap", though. You do certainly have to look at the total amount in circulation. For instance, IOTA has 2,779,530,283 of their currency in circulation, while bitcoin only has
16,750,650 in circulation. The total market cap value divided by the number in circulation equals the price per unit.

(Side note: This is the same way that dollars or euros or any money works.)

After a ton of research, I have just made the decision that in the coming decades, that crypto currencies will overtake traditional state-overseen currencies due to the tremendous advantages of them over dollars/euros/yen/pesos/etc. I also think that Bitcoin has enough flaws that another of these currencies will overtake it to be the leader in the future. (Note: it is likely that there will be 3 to 5 "main" currencies in the future, not just one.) I have no idea if it will be 20, 30, or 50 years before this transition is fully realized, but getting on board now will ensure you will be rich in the future after the transition.

(Disclaimer: I could be totally wrong about all this; That is what makes first-movers the ones that get rich from any new technology but also the ones that risk everything.)

IOTA is currently a little more than $4/unit. I expect by the end of 2018 that it will be close to $16/unit. I can't think of another stock or any other investment that will bring 4X your investment in around a year. (Note: I bought in on Bitcoin around a year ago when it was at $700/unit and now it is around $18,000/unit which is a better return than any other investment I have ever made.)

widespreadsooie

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2017, 07:10:57 pm
widespreadsooie, that is the big question to ask yourself.

It could plausibly be argued that one or more of these technologies will fundamentally redefine the monetary system as we know it. If that were the case, then these are all SERIOUSLY undervalued at the moment. In other words, if monetary systems can be decoupled from the state (any country), this would be a huge transition and the first of its kind in human history. The value of such a monetary transition would be immense.

This is why I'm upset I missed out on Bitcoin. I simply didn't understand crypto currency at the time and didn't care to. That sentiment has changed, obviously. I'm cautious of it being a trend but to think our current monetary system will be in place forever now seems somewhat naive to me, especially considering it was created way before the internet. I'll probably hop on something.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: widespreadsooie on December 18, 2017, 07:54:09 pm
This is why I'm upset I missed out on Bitcoin. I simply didn't understand crypto currency at the time and didn't care to. That sentiment has changed, obviously. I'm cautious of it being a trend but to think our current monetary system will be in place forever now seems somewhat naive to me, especially considering it was created way before the internet. I'll probably hop on something.

To be honest, all of these cryptos (at least the top 20 not including bitcoin) are going up so fast that either 1) it is a bubble, or 2) lots of people are going to get insanely rich.

Just pick one and enjoy the ride. Don't put in more than you can afford to lose, but if it totally upends the apple cart, maybe you just bought a lottery ticket. That is how I look at it anyway.

McKdaddy

Litecoin has been my "investment", but my ignorance cannot be overstated.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

NuttinItUp

Quote from: McKdaddy on December 18, 2017, 08:04:24 pm
Litecoin has been my "investment", but my ignorance cannot be understated.

Litecoin is good, but it was always seen as the "silver" to Bitcoin's "gold".

It was introduced in 2012 before some of the more modern understanding and innovations that have come. (Note: I understand that is pretty insane to say, but things are moving so fast in this field that even 5 years is a long time.)

I hold some Litecoin, and the returns have been great over the last few months. I am not dissing it or anything, but it will never overtake bitcoin because it is built on the same basic structure that bitcoin is built on.

Besides the market cap link I provided above, here is another one showing the date when a specific crypto was introduced:
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-cryptocurrency-list.html

(Side note: date does not mean everything, but you can at least see how new it is.)

widespreadsooie

Quote from: NuttinItUp on December 18, 2017, 08:04:09 pm
To be honest, all of these cryptos (at least the top 20 not including bitcoin) are going up so fast that either 1) it is a bubble, or 2) lots of people are going to get insanely rich.

Just pick one and enjoy the ride. Don't put in more than you can afford to lose, but if it totally upends the apple cart, maybe you just bought a lottery ticket. That is how I look at it anyway.

I'm going to research IOTA a little more throughout the week. I'll post something if I decide to buy. Appreciate your insight.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: widespreadsooie on December 18, 2017, 08:12:53 pm

I'm going to research IOTA a little more throughout the week. I'll post something if I decide to buy. Appreciate your insight.

PM me if you need help.

IOTA is kind of hard to buy right now (you have to buy bitcoin, then convert it to IOTA on Binance). The fact that it is hard to buy right now is suppressing the value, IMO. Their dev team is working on lots of stuff, and once it becomes more widespread I think the price will jump. (In other words, it is worth the extra effort; you have to imagine someone in 2010 or 2011 putting  in the extra effort for bitcoin and making millions for the effort)

HawgWild

Vantage 8 dude

For any and everyone getting in on the Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency craze just remember one thing....and for some who like to "overlook" the particulars of the IRS and tax laws.....IF you buy and then sell any such currency (with exception of it being done in a tax deferred account) you are required to list it as a gain (or loss) just as you would the sale any other asset (ie stock, bond, etc.). Yep, I realize this likely comes as a surprise to a lot of folks, however, there are already those who are finding out the hard way that have not done so. While Bitcoin and other such may not be a government controlled/authorized currency, that does NOT mean the transactions can't be traced. Hence the "block chain" function that helps anyone follow the step-by-step historical exchange and origins of ALL transactions of such.

So unless you don't mind a possible IRS audit, as unlikely as that might be, just let old "buyer beware" warning be your guide. It's coming as a very rude shock to those who are finding themselves in such a position.

HawgWild

Vantage 8 dude

December 22, 2017, 03:12:07 pm #13 Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 03:25:54 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Here's another little "heads up" that folks need to consider before becoming too involved in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies: the massive volatility and (sometimes) illiquidity of one or more of the currencies. For instance, today there was yet another stoppage of active trading of Bitcoin and others on the most common exchange-Coinbase-that handles the trading of such. Not totally sure of all the reasons, however, it's certainly not that unusual when you have a "crowding" into such investments resulting in massive buying and selling going on that sometimes orderly/accurate pricing in the markets can most definitely be hindered. For instance, imagine your Bitcoin is trading up around $20,000, which it did at one point earlier this week. You enter and order to sell and realize the trade, if even executed, is done at say.....$12,000 (prices realized today on some trades-down as much as $4,000 per coin), $8,000 or whatever. Think you'd be happy ??? >:( Take it a step further and suppose you're needing to raise cash for whatever reason(s) and you find your sell order can't even be executed AT ANY PRICE because of the nature of the exchange. So you sit and wait.....sit and wait..

Again, a word to the wise: be VERY VERY careful before buying into his craziness. There are far more potential hazards in this area than some would have you believe. Remember too that one should NEVER risk more money than they can absolutely afford to lose, no matter how great all the hype is surrounding the idea.

On yeah, one other thing: as more and more competition comes into the market place with more and different cryptocurriences being created out of thin air the natural scarcity value of earlier such instruments will be likely be eroded. That's the thing about the financial markets-anything that becomes the "must have" investment idea of today is naturally going to create future competition for  investment dollars as time goes by. And that's the case whether or not the market limits the # of (say) Bitcoins in order to create a scarcity value. Other such currencies have already been born and are continuing to be created. Think some of those won't eventually suck up much of the monies that might normally have gone into some of the earliest ideas? What do you imagine happens to the price of most, if not ALL, cryptocurriences :o ???

widespreadsooie

I've decided to wait and buy until the buzz around Bitcoin is settled and second page news. The potential crypto currencies present is astronomically high and will kick myself if I don't get in, it's a valuable bet in my opinion. I recommend the Netflix doc Banking on Bitcoin for anyone who's interested in a little background.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on December 22, 2017, 03:12:07 pm
Here's another little "heads up" that folks need to consider before becoming too involved in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies: the massive volatility and (sometimes) illiquidity of one or more of the currencies. For instance, today there was yet another stoppage of active trading of Bitcoin and others on the most common exchange-Coinbase-that handles the trading of such. Not totally sure of all the reasons, however, it's certainly not that unusual when you have a "crowding" into such investments resulting in massive buying and selling going on that sometimes orderly/accurate pricing in the markets can most definitely be hindered.
Very good advice to be cautious. However if you are too cautious, you miss the boat.

For instance, imagine your Bitcoin is trading up around $20,000, which it did at one point earlier this week. You enter and order to sell and realize the trade, if even executed, is done at say.....$12,000 (prices realized today on some trades-down as much as $4,000 per coin), $8,000 or whatever. Think you'd be happy ??? >:( Take it a step further and suppose you're needing to raise cash for whatever reason(s) and you find your sell order can't even be executed AT ANY PRICE because of the nature of the exchange. So you sit and wait.....sit and wait..

Also, most places that you buy from give you the price at which you are buying or trading at, and you can set upper and lower bounds just like stock trading for the prices you will pay.

I have traded a lot, and I have never seen a situation where you could not sell at any price. There is always some price you can sell at. I tend to just buy and hold for long periods, though, so the day-to-day (or hour-to-hour) price fluctuations are less of a concern for me. For instance, I bought bitcoin at around $700, and held it for over a year before I started buying into some of these newer ones that have a larger upside.

Again, a word to the wise: be VERY VERY careful before buying into his craziness. There are far more potential hazards in this area than some would have you believe. Remember too that one should NEVER risk more money than they can absolutely afford to lose, no matter how great all the hype is surrounding the idea.
Very good advice for any investment. I feel like I am playing with house money at the moment, so I don't really mind the risk of losing the amount I have invested here.

On yeah, one other thing: as more and more competition comes into the market place with more and different cryptocurriences being created out of thin air the natural scarcity value of earlier such instruments will be likely be eroded. That's the thing about the financial markets-anything that becomes the "must have" investment idea of today is naturally going to create future competition for  investment dollars as time goes by. And that's the case whether or not the market limits the # of (say) Bitcoins in order to create a scarcity value. Other such currencies have already been born and are continuing to be created. Think some of those won't eventually suck up much of the monies that might normally have gone into some of the earliest ideas? What do you imagine happens to the price of most, if not ALL, cryptocurriences :o ???

The competition will breed lots of new currencies, but if you believe in market competition, then the cream will rise to the top and the top 10 or 20 will be the best ones for the future financial structure.

The thing that is interesting is that if bitcoin were introduced today, it would likely not even be in the top 50, much less the top 20 due to the disadvantages it has that some of the newer currencies have corrected. Bitcoin is definitely benefiting from a first-mover advantage, but if you look at Bitcoin's share of the overall market, it has continued to decline. I think eventually it will drop the top spot and likely will drop even further long term, although it will obviously never go away completely.

If you look at the chart of overall market cap, you can see how quickly this market has grown: https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/

On December 31, 2016 the entire market was around $7.7 billion. A year later, it is now in the neighborhood of $600 billion, give or take depending on the day. I expect it to soar past $1 trillion sometime in 2018.

The future is gonna be a wild ride..

NuttinItUp

I found another website that predicts performance out to 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 5 years for each coin.

https://walletinvestor.com/forecast

Obviously no one knows for sure, but they are higher on Cardano (ADA) than IOTA (MIOTA) for their 1 year predictions. I read up some more on Cardano and I really like what I am reading. I am thinking about placing a larger bet on Cardano than I initially thought I would.

NuttinItUp

My new Cardano/Tron strategy (about 45/45 with about 10% NEO) seems to have paid off, at least in the short term.

Up almost 200% total over the last few days..

If it keeps going up like this, I will be able to retire by the end of next month, haha.

woodrow hog call

I'm pretty ticked that I didn't get in on Cardano at $.40, I still like it at $1.20, but I want it to drop back close to a buck before I jump on it. Tron I'm not familiar with, what is driving it? Or what sets it apart?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

NuttinItUp

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 04, 2018, 12:29:33 pm
I'm pretty ticked that I didn't get in on Cardano at $.40, I still like it at $1.20, but I want it to drop back close to a buck before I jump on it. Tron I'm not familiar with, what is driving it? Or what sets it apart?

Tron is targeting in-app purchases. Lots of hype around it.

I bought it in two chunks at $0.035 and $0.036 several days ago, and it is currently trading at around $0.166. (was up over $0.21 earlier today before it crashed some) Anytime I can more than quadruple my money in a few days, I am happy.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 04, 2018, 02:39:03 pm
Tron is targeting in-app purchases. Lots of hype around it.

I bought it in two chunks at $0.035 and $0.036 several days ago, and it is currently trading at around $0.166. (was up over $0.21 earlier today before it crashed some) Anytime I can more than quadruple my money in a few days, I am happy.

Thanks, yeah that is a pretty good return. I have been looking at some of the low cost coins to grab a bunch of and hold a while, but hoping that BTC will run up again around 20k in the meantime. I got it at mid 14k so I may just have to make the jump to some small coins when  BTC on the plus side of 15k .

NuttinItUp

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 04, 2018, 03:22:06 pm
Thanks, yeah that is a pretty good return. I have been looking at some of the low cost coins to grab a bunch of and hold a while, but hoping that BTC will run up again around 20k in the meantime. I got it at mid 14k so I may just have to make the jump to some small coins when  BTC on the plus side of 15k .

One to look at that is very new and still low cost (currently about $0.22) but I think will make a run at some point is EthLend. (LEND)  The market cap is pretty small (currently ranked 112), but from my research it looks like a good one. It is supposed to facilitate crypto-to-crypto loans and other types of loans.

I took 50% of my Tron winnings and invested it into there earlier today.

Obviously, I could be totally wrong, but I have a feeling it is going to at least be a solid investment even it if it isn't a homerun like Tron was.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 04, 2018, 03:28:43 pm
One to look at that is very new and still low cost (currently about $0.22) but I think will make a run at some point is EthLend. (LEND)  The market cap is pretty small (currently ranked 112), but from my research it looks like a good one. It is supposed to facilitate crypto-to-crypto loans and other types of loans.

I took 50% of my Tron winnings and invested it into there earlier today.

Obviously, I could be totally wrong, but I have a feeling it is going to at least be a solid investment even it if it isn't a homerun like Tron was.

I will check it out, and thanks for the information. It's crazy now when I think back when Bitcoin was brand new, and remember thinking how silly it sounded, like who in their right mind would put money into that?

radar

The problems I have with most of the crypto is the difficulty with buying, storing, selling. I've spent hours (days) trying to load a wallet for some of these, any help would be appreciated.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: radar on January 14, 2018, 12:31:17 am
The problems I have with most of the crypto is the difficulty with buying, storing, selling. I've spent hours (days) trying to load a wallet for some of these, any help would be appreciated.

I haven't had much trouble with wallets for the ones I hold, but some are trickier than others.

A lot of them I keep on Binance or whatever exchange I am using, but that is not considered secure long term.

If you need help with a specific one or whatever, you can usually find a reddit page for whatever currency you are trying to get a wallet for. Or you can try to post here, and I can try to help. (Not an expert at wallets though.)

btw, the last 3 or 4 days have been brutal. My crypto portfolio took about a 30% hit or so. The only reason it didn't go down more is the NEO that I hold which has been going up. Everything else has been red for several days though.

Hopefully the market rebounds soon.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: radar on January 14, 2018, 12:31:17 am

That is a major pain I agree, I wound up getting on KuCoin because Binance wasn't accepting anymore for now. I really think when/if someone like Coinbase gets the option of buying any coin out there, things will take off for several of these coins.

Which ones though? That's the question.

radar

I got in on the litecoin while they were in the 60s, was wanting to get some Verge, Ripple, and Stellar during this dip but can not find a wallet or exchange I like. Most I've found have bad reviews, or other drawbacks.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: radar on January 16, 2018, 12:37:54 am
I got in on the litecoin while they were in the 60s, was wanting to get some Verge, Ripple, and Stellar during this dip but can not find a wallet or exchange I like. Most I've found have bad reviews, or other drawbacks.

For wallets, I generally just download the software wallet for whatever crypto I want to store, and that works well. I would say that some hardware wallets like Ledger Nano S, which store many cryptos at once are getting great reviews. I haven't tried them yet, but I might in the near future.

As far as exchanges go, I like Binance, but I also use KuCoin and others for coins that aren't on Binance.

woodrow hog call

Bitcoin now at $11,688.10 USD, good time to watch it real close and buy in before it comes back up. I originally bought at mid 14k, so I may scoop up some more if I can time it out right.

HawgWild

What are you crypto$ guys thinking these days?

woodrow hog call

Quote from: HawgWild on January 17, 2018, 03:33:13 pm
What are you crypto$ guys thinking these days?

I'm aggravated that I bought more Bitcoin, before it dropped to $9402.02, today!!!!!
If I could have been ready, I would be the owner of a brand new coin or two. As it is I will sit on my last purchase I bought at $13k, until it climbs back up to 16k or so, then exchange it for some low $ coins that I think are on the rise.

When it drops like it has lately, it does make me wonder if it is the end of the ride though.

HawgWild

An analyst @ Credit Suisse has put the fair market value of b coin @ $6,000.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: HawgWild on January 17, 2018, 07:43:01 pm

That's interesting, I don't buy it to hold onto, it's the just the best way I know to buy the others. It is kind of a pain to have to buy BTC, on one exchange then send it to another exchange and buy other coins with it.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: HawgWild on January 17, 2018, 07:43:01 pm

Yeah, bitcoin is one of the worst coins. There are lots of others that are better long term, I think. Bitcoin just had the first mover advantage.

You can see that bitcoin's market dominance has fallen fairly steadily. (Currently down to around 33% which is around the lowest it has ever been.)

Of course, on the other hand, you have some people saying bitcoin will get to $1 million/each by 2020/2021 timeframe, so who knows.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 19, 2018, 01:36:27 pm
Yeah, bitcoin is one of the worst coins. There are lots of others that are better long term, I think. Bitcoin just had the first mover advantage.

You can see that bitcoin's market dominance has fallen fairly steadily. (Currently down to around 33% which is around the lowest it has ever been.)

Of course, on the other hand, you have some people saying bitcoin will get to $1 million/each by 2020/2021 timeframe, so who knows.

I'm about to start mining crypto currency. Working out the operating system issues, then will need to ramp up my computer rack for optimal performance. Will begin a 6 month "test" period to determine ACTUAL profitability.
This is my non-signature signature.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 21, 2018, 07:03:12 pm
I'm about to start mining crypto currency. Working out the operating system issues, then will need to ramp up my computer rack for optimal performance. Will begin a 6 month "test" period to determine ACTUAL profitability.

I have never actually tried mining any before. However, if you pick one that is currently valued very low but takes a moon shot after you have mined a little, you might do well at it.

Good luck!

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: NuttinItUp on January 21, 2018, 07:33:23 pm
I have never actually tried mining any before. However, if you pick one that is currently valued very low but takes a moon shot after you have mined a little, you might do well at it.

Good luck!

I'm looking at 6 AMD 580s with the system flashed in Linux. Just need to make a good assessment on which one may be the next Ethereum.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 21, 2018, 08:07:52 pm
I'm looking at 6 AMD 580s with the system flashed in Linux. Just need to make a good assessment on which one may be the next Ethereum.

Oh, sweet. Good luck picking the next Ethereum!

One underrated coin that you might want to google about is DigiByte. (DGB)  I have no idea if it has breakout potential or not, but it is highly undervalued at the moment, in my opinion.

When thinking if I should invest in this, I realized: a) i don't know how to buy it, b) I don't really know what it is, and c) i don't know which one to buy. Given my ignorance on the subject, I thought it best just to stay on the sidelines.

HawgWild

I'd say that's a wise decision on your part. The December 25th issue of New York magazine has a good article on cryptocurrencies for the uninformed. It's not available yet on-line. I'll post a link when it is.

On another note, my wife had lunch with a friend yesterday who told her that her SiL had recently cashed out of a Bitcoin investment he'd made a few years back for $200,000. Paid off his mortgage and other debts.

woodrow hog call

Interesting article I found today, I hope this guy is right. I haven't been holding any but, I may have to start stacking some up and forget about it.

Bitcoin Could Hit $55,000 by the End of the Year, Data Scientist Predicts

https://www.thestreet.com/story/14459252/1/bitcoin-could-hit-55000-by-the-end-of-the-year-data-scientist-predicts.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO&yptr=yahoo

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 21, 2018, 08:07:52 pm

Have you looked at SUB? Of course they all have such noble sounding causes, like you are making the world a better place, and all that.

https://substratum.net/

"Earn cryptocurrency. Change the world.
Everyone who runs a Substratum Node gets paid via cryptocurrency each time they serve content. It's easy to participate,  and it helps build a better,  more open internet."

Arkansas WR

January 23, 2018, 03:23:43 pm #42 Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 03:00:01 pm by Arkansas WR
Ive been investing in cryptocurrency since December, but I feel like I learned a lot with the last market crash. We saw the market cap hit a high of 830 billion, and then fall back down 430 billion. Investors need to take money out of the market when the market cap is really high, and buy back in when its low. You will lose some of your profits if you don't cash out at a high market cap.

If you are at a loss, dont sell. HOLD

Im invested in: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Monero, Binance Coin, BLUE, Publica, Appcoins, and Cindicator

I really like the YouTube channel: Altcoin Buzz https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyqEtcGQQtXyUwvcy7Gmyg

This channel has a lot of community discussion around Cryptocurrency

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Arkansas WR on January 23, 2018, 03:23:43 pm
Ive been investing in cryptocurrency since December, but I feel like I learned a lot with the last market crash. We saw the market cap hit a high of 830 trillion, and then fall back down 430 trillion. Investors need to take money out of the market when the market cap is really high, and buy back in when its low. You will lose some of your profits if you don't cash out at a high market cap.

If you are at a loss, dont sell. HOLD

Im invested in: Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Ripple, Monero, Binance Coin, BLUE, Publica, Appcoins, and Cindicator

I really like the YouTube channel: Altcoin Buzz https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGyqEtcGQQtXyUwvcy7Gmyg

This channel has a lot of community discussion around Cryptocurrency

Good advice overall. However, if you are investing very much in cryptocurrency, you should learn the difference between billion and trillion. (three orders of magnitude!)

The GDP of all countries in the world is approximately $75 trillion for comparison.

(Note: I am just joking around. I make those sorts of typos all the time.)

Großer Kriegschwein

I use a simple format.

Total number of coins in the market
Freedom of market use
How close to maximum number on he market are they

That's how I get a feel for it.

Then research the ones that pass the "scent check".

je100

Dabbling some with Stellar Lumens right now.  I'm in at about 41¢....

https://www.stellar.org/

Großer Kriegschwein

January 27, 2018, 03:27:17 pm #46 Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:09:55 pm by Großer Kriegschwein
Right now, I think, based on current circulation and maximum future circulation, ZClassic is my pick for mining. There is also plans to fork with Bitcoin in the future that will yield 1 to 1 after the merge to create Bitcoin Private. That said, this will be the updated technology that Bitcoin lacks at this time.

I'd invest what you could afford to lose, but as far as risk, I think this one is as negligible as it can get.

With the mining rig that I'm building, it would equal about 35 zclassic coins a year at the current price.

HiggiePiggy

Robinhood in February will be allowing crypto currency on it.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

HawgWild

How your crypto portfolios doing? I know Bitcoin has dropped but are they all down?

woodrow hog call

Everything I have is way down, this may end my venture into the crypto market. It's going to take a while to recover from this drop.