Pages:
Actions
  • #51 by ricepig on 07 Nov 2017
  • How was this week's residual payment?  Mine are starting to get a bit thin...he mentioned something about stadium expansion

You get a suite, you get a suite, you get a suite.....
  • #52 by Spektre on 07 Nov 2017
  • "Here here," lol.

Mr. Anonymous, you need some more "hear hears" and "that's exactly right" on Hogville.

Dilly Dilly!
  • #53 by Fan1958 on 07 Nov 2017
  • And ended it with a preposition?  I'm sorry....I couldn't resist.

He ended the sentence with "is". "Is" is a verb, not a preposition.
  • #54 by EastexHawg on 07 Nov 2017
  • And ended it with a preposition?  I'm sorry....I couldn't resist. 

"Is" is a verb, not a preposition...since we want to be sticklers for grammar and all.
  • #55 by EastexHawg on 07 Nov 2017
  • Dang, beat me to it by 16 seconds.
  • #56 by longtimeHogfan on 07 Nov 2017
  • He ended the sentence with "is". "Is" is a verb, not a preposition.

Well are I gooder at this or what?
  • #57 by sowmonella on 07 Nov 2017
  • darn, the gig is up boys.

I'm all the way out here in Washington, D.C. playing Jeff's lil minion. You wouldn't believe how much he funnels into my Venmo account each day to do this.
    Dilly Dilly
  • #58 by RyanMallettsEgo on 07 Nov 2017
  • Dilly Dilly!

Hahahahaha. Really hoping that catches on.
  • #59 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • Eh, a lot of folks who know proper English don't use it all the time.  People who never end sentences with prepositions, for instance, come across as something other than normal, everyday folks.  I think it was Winston Churchill who naturally put it best...

"This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put."

Hey y'all...  Sorry to intrude in this, but I thought I ran off all the grammar cops a long time ago.    Its a message board.  Chill.

And... +1 for that
  • #60 by Fan1958 on 07 Nov 2017
  • I am not so sure that 'him' is incorrect in this case. He could have typed, "so much smarter than he is.

It is a nominative versus object case situation.

No, "he" is correct in this situation.  The "is" is taken to be understood.  You wouldn't say "I am...than him is."
  • #61 by PorkRinds on 07 Nov 2017
  • Hey y'all...  Sorry to intrude in this, but I thought I ran off all the grammar cops a long time ago.    Its a message board.  Chill.

And... +1 for that

*It’s

>:(
  • #62 by Wildhog on 07 Nov 2017
  • How ever did you survive that ordeal? Will you brave it again tomorrow?

Probably not. 
  • #63 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • No, "he" is correct in this situation.  The "is" is taken to be understood.  You wouldn't say "I am...than him is."

This has all time greatest thread potential.   Do y'all realize that we just busted Jeff Long reading Hogville?    Come'on!    The grammar is FINE. 
  • #64 by RyanMallettsEgo on 07 Nov 2017
  • More accurate?

Does Long live in DC? News to me.
  • #65 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • Does Long live in DC? News to me.

Well, you told me what you did, though you surely aren't proud of it.  lol ...   I'm a retired lawyer.  Spent some time in D.C.  Traffic is awful, but still one of my favorite places.   Every American should be so lucky to visit at least once.   
  • #66 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • Eh, a lot of folks who know proper English don't use it all the time.  People who never end sentences with prepositions, for instance, come across as something other than normal, everyday folks.  I think it was Winston Churchill who naturally put it best...

haha! yes. Grammar is not a polarized practice. I believe the situation calls for how strictly one uses standard or not so much.
  • #67 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • The minions are exposing themselves, and Jeff Long too, tweeting exactly what was suggested.

You know what this means?  We got him.   Its over.   Either Long has been told that its over, or I've had too much Absynthe.. or not enough.
  • #68 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • No, "he" is correct in this situation.  The "is" is taken to be understood.  You wouldn't say "I am...than him is."
    I understand this.
  • #69 by The Hawg Marshal on 07 Nov 2017
  • haha! yes. Grammar is not a polarized practice. I believe the situation calls for how strictly one uses standard or not so much.
    Shouldn't you be at a birthday party or something?lol
  • #70 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • Does Long live in DC? News to me.

Soon, hopefully
  • #71 by Rayzback on 07 Nov 2017
  • Some stuff about ladies soccer,ladies gymnastics,ladies volleyball,and apply for Nike internship information.

Dear God man, did he mention anything about Coke?
  • #72 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • Retweets. Soccer, volleyball, etc. Plus one about Ragnow nominated for Witten man of the year award.

Either way, he's awake. Which means he has survived and the BOT member that told me otherwise flat lied to me.

No.  It means he was right.   Long is DONE.  Its coming.
  • #73 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • Shouldn't you be at a birthday party or something?lol
    Hell, I paid $661.00 for her van to get serviced the other day, took her to lunch today, went by Harp's for steaks and asparagus, bought a $20.00 bottle of Meomi pinot noir and will likely grill said steaks tonight.

I am not too bad of a husband.
  • #74 by Wildhog on 07 Nov 2017
  • Hell, I paid $661.00 for her van to get serviced the other day, took her to lunch today, went by Harp's for steaks and asparagus, bought a $20.00 bottle of Meomi pinot noir and will likely grill said steaks tonight.

Meiomi's a great bottle for the price.  :)
  • #75 by The Hawg Marshal on 07 Nov 2017
  • Hell, I paid $661.00 for her van to get serviced the other day, took her to lunch today, went by Harp's for steaks and asparagus, bought a $20.00 bottle of Meomi pinot noir and will likely grill said steaks tonight.

Yeah it sounds like you are doing alright.
  • #76 by EulessHog on 07 Nov 2017

Winston? 
  • #77 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • Meiomi's a great bottle for the price.  :)
    I guess really good wine is expensive here in Arkansas. Neither one of us are too proud to drink box wine as a mainstay.
  • #78 by Wildhog on 07 Nov 2017
  • I guess really good wine is expensive here in Arkansas. Neither one of us are too proud to drink box wine as a mainstay.

My wife will tear through some Bota boxes.
  • #79 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • My wife will tear through some Bota boxes.
    hahah, mine too. I mean, we don't have the discretionary income to drink Cakebread every night.
  • #80 by Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on 07 Nov 2017
  • When I was working in the media I posted something on here just before I went to cover a Hogs basketball game.  20 minutes later, I'm walking into the Bud and one of the S.I.D.s stops me and says, "where did you get that information from?"

I don't remember what it was that I had posted, but it had just been a joke I was making.  I told him that it was just a joke...I'm not sure he believed me.  However, I did find it funny that Hogville/my post were being monitored that closely.
  • #81 by Wildhog on 07 Nov 2017
  • hahah, mine too. I mean, we don't have the discretionary income to drink Cakebread every night.

Hooray for purchasing wine in bags in boxes by the (3) liter!
  • #82 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • When I was working in the media I posted something on here just before I went to cover a Hogs basketball game.  20 minutes later, I'm walking into the Bud and one of the S.I.D.s stops me and says, "where did you get that information from?"

I don't remember what it was that I had posted, but it had just been a joke I was making.  I told him that it was just a joke...I'm not sure he believed me.  However, I did find it funny that Hogville/my post were being monitored that closely.

College sports is a BILLION dollar industry.  LOL Welcome to the real world.  If any people think that it it is crazy to think Jeff Long has multiple minions on here... THEY are crazy.   Of course he does.   So did Frank.  And if you can't see that Long owns pretty much ALL of the media in Arkansas, you are a blind fool.

• #83 by The Hawg Marshal on 07 Nov 2017

In this day and age it's not a bit far fetched to think that S.I.D's and the like keep an eye on social media of all kinds.
  • #84 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • In this day and age it's not a bit far fetched to think that S.I.D's and the like keep an eye on social media of all kinds.
    Well, it's actually a smart thing to do I think.
  • #85 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • In this day and age it's not a bit far fetched to think that S.I.D's and the like keep an eye on social media of all kinds.

Keep an eye?  NO!  Trying to control media dates back as far as media itself.  Social media is no different.  But, my God, how can the people who do that job live with themselves?    How, Hogsanity?
  • #86 by birmingHAMette on 07 Nov 2017
  • Jeff if your reading this and survived to be still employed by the U of A next year could you please bring Coke back. Pepsi really does suck.
  • #87 by elksnort on 07 Nov 2017
  • Keep an eye?  NO!  Trying to control media dates back as far as media itself.  Social media is no different.  But, my God, how can the people who do that job live with themselves?
    As I am sure you know. There are all kinds of different folks out there....
  • #88 by ricepig on 07 Nov 2017
  • Jeff if your reading this and survived to be still employed by the U of A next year could you please bring Coke back. Pepsi really does suck.

You need to put that request to the BOT, much too important for Jeff.
  • #89 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • As I am sure you know. There are all kinds of different folks out there....

I spent my adult lifetime in criminal courthouses.  What I know is that most people are vicious animals.   We people with empathy tend to think that psychopaths are abnormal.  That is wrong.  They're normal.  We are rare.
  • #90 by Dark Helmet Hog on 07 Nov 2017
  • No question that all social media is monitored but they really don't care what we think. They're looking for leaks and traitors.
  • #91 by Wildhog on 07 Nov 2017
  • I spent my adult lifetime in criminal courthouses.  What I know is that most people are vicious animals.   We people with empathy tend to think that psychopaths are abnormal.  That is wrong.  They're normal.  We are rare.

Agreed.  We suck as a species.
  • #92 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • Agreed.  We suck as a species.

Maybe.  Or maybe we, as a species, are slowly evolving from vicious animals - the greatest predator to ever walk the Earth - into something better, and we just live in an age of transition - from vicious predator, into.. Shepherds of the Earth.

Or... Maybe its just the Absynthe.

But this I KNOW, and you seem to know it too:   Most humans are psychopaths.
  • #93 by Wildhog on 07 Nov 2017
  • Maybe.  Or maybe we, as a species, are slowly evolving from vicious animals - the greatest predator to ever walk the Earth - into something better, and we just live in an age of transition - from vicious predator, into.. Shepherds of the Earth.

Or... Maybe its just the Absynthe.

I'm gonna stick with "we suck as a species."
  • #94 by Ched "UglyUncle" Carpenter on 07 Nov 2017
    College sports is a BILLION dollar industry.  LOL Welcome to the real world.  If any people think that it it is crazy to think Jeff Long has multiple minions on here... THEY are crazy.   Of course he does.   So did Frank.  And if you can't see that Long owns pretty much ALL of the media in Arkansas, you are a blind fool.

A few years ago there were several people in the BAC that were checking hogville regularly. 

You are right, it is the smart thing to do.

Long may have some folks on here, but they are not in power.  Long does not control the media.  He strong arms the media some times, but he doesn't own it or control it.

When Long first got here, he was an idiot and tried to shut out any media that didn't agree with him. (Me for example)  Then after getting rid of the main S.I.D. (ZH) Long started doing what professional teams do.  They play up to the media.  The spoil them.  They go out of their way to make them happy.  The reason they do this (professional teams and college teams that act professional) is to make it difficult for you to say anything bad about them.

One of the reasons I got into media was because I couldn't stand how our local media bowed down to Nutt.  I wanted to get in there and ask the tough questions. 

After a few years of being around our local media I get it.  They are generally, genuinely nice guys (and gals...looking at you Ms. Orange). 

I REALLY like Bret.  I think he is a good man and I love how he goes out of his way to help the media.  I think he has done a lot of good things while here at Arkansas.  I was one of the last to come around because I have gotten to know him and I wanted so bad for him to succeed.  I've only been gone for a couple of years, but I would have been one of those Arkansas media types that went soft on Bret (like others did for HdN) because you really do want them to succeed.  However, Bret is 100x the man that HdN is.

Still, my point is this:  It is always easy to say "Well, if I was in that media room I would..."

And...like I did...you WOULD do that for a time.  Then you become a professional instead of someone just trying to get a "gotcha" question in there.

I promise you, knowing the guys (and gals...what up Alyssa!) in that room they understand it is time for Bret to go.  They just don't want to beat him over the head on the way out. 

Long on the other hand...
  • #95 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • I'm gonna stick with "we suck as a species."

I'll probably be right there with you in the morning, but right now, I gotta go with what the Green Fairy's telling me.   ;)   

Where are you, PH?
  • #96 by bythelake on 07 Nov 2017
  • Not much empathy in this thread, although amusing stuff.
  • #97 by OneTuskOverTheLine™ on 07 Nov 2017
  • Tell us more about how accomplished and important you feel.
  • #98 by The Hawg Marshal on 07 Nov 2017
  • A few years ago there were several people in the BAC that were checking hogville regularly. 

Long may have some folks on here, but they are not in power.  Long does not control the media.  He strong arms the media some times, but he doesn't own it or control it.

When Long first got here, he was an idiot and tried to shut out any media that didn't agree with him. (Me for example)  Then after getting rid of the main S.I.D. (ZH) Long started doing what professional teams do.  They play up to the media.  The spoil them.  They go out of their way to make them happy.  The reason they do this (professional teams and college teams that act professional) is to make it difficult for you to say anything bad about them.

One of the reasons I got into media was because I couldn't stand how our local media bowed down to Nutt.  I wanted to get in there and ask the tough questions. 

After a few years of being around our local media I get it.  They are generally, genuinely nice guys (and gals...looking at you Ms. Orange). 

I REALLY like Bret.  I think he is a good man and I love how he goes out of his way to help the media.  I think he has done a lot of good things while here at Arkansas.  I was one of the last to come around because I have gotten to know him and I wanted so bad for him to succeed.  I've only been gone for a couple of years, but I would have been one of those Arkansas media types that went soft on Bret (like others did for HdN) because you really do want them to succeed.  However, Bret is 100x the man that HdN is.

Still, my point is this:  It is always easy to say "Well, if I was in that media room I would..."

And...like I did...you WOULD do that for a time.  Then you become a professional instead of someone just trying to get a "gotcha" question in there.

I promise you, knowing the guys (and gals...what up Alyssa!) in that room they understand it is time for Bret to go.  They just don't want to beat him over the head on the way out. 

I can totally understand this.
  • #99 by KennyForAD on 07 Nov 2017
  • A few years ago there were several people in the BAC that were checking hogville regularly. 

I REALLY like Bret.  I think he is a good man and I love how he goes out of his way to help the media.  I think he has done a lot of good things while here at Arkansas.  I was one of the last to come around because I have gotten to know him and I wanted so bad for him to succeed.  I've only been gone for a couple of years, but I would have been one of those Arkansas media types that went soft on Bret (like others did for HdN) because you really do want them to succeed.  However, Bret is 100% the man that HdN is.

1.  As always, you sound like you know what you're talking about.
    2.  Does anyone NOT like Bret B?  Just because I can see that BB thought he could coach and Barry Alvarez didn't have the heart to tell him he didn't know his ass from a crater - doesn't mean I don't love the man.   If Jeff Long hired me tomorrow, I'm sure that BB would soon no longer be the absolute worst coach in history, because I would be.   There's no sin here... it just freaking sucks, all around.

oh yeah...

3. I never lie, but you would not believe the stories of corruption I can tell you about the Texas Courthouses.   Just .. beyond belief.    I don't know, but I will NEVER believe that the AD is not doing ALL it can to manipulate public opinion, including having dozens of accounts on Hogville, and I would bet a LOT that I can name several.  Compared to what I've seen, that is just shlts and giggles.  Not even bloody.  OF course they are doing it!   Its a BILLION dollar industry built on the backs of unpaid "students."

But then again, who knows?   I try to wipe out the ____   I've seen with as much Green Fairy as I can swallow.  Maybe some day I'll succeed.
  • #100 by RyanMallettsEgo on 07 Nov 2017
  • Well, you told me what you did, though you surely aren't proud of it.  lol ...   I'm a retired lawyer.  Spent some time in D.C.  Traffic is awful, but still one of my favorite places.   Every American should be so lucky to visit at least once.

I do live here now, though I won't forever. Proud of it? Sure I am. Great city for a young guy to live in.
Pages:
Actions