Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MORGAN NICK / AMBER ALERT LEVEL 2...........

Started by hoglady, March 11, 2013, 05:35:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ur

Quotes that stuck out to me.

I read the screen cap of the alleged FB post that said mom claims he was obsessed and that he came home at 4:30 am grabbed cash and said he hadn't seen Sidney, ostensibly took off to go look for her. I also read that Sidney could not be seen in the vehicle when he left.

Well it was also said that a week earlier John gave her pills and alcohol until she passed out and that she Sidney was scared of her step dad.
But that could be rumor.

"He had to be with her constantly," she said."He would to let her talk to her friends."

* In the video she says he wouldn't let her talk to her friends and also that he took her phone.

Police Chief Richy Thatcher speaks about having possession because both Sidney & her step-father left their cell phones behind.

So we know that Sidney was last seen at about 10 -10:30 Saturday night .
As the link says Mom woke up at 4:30 AM Hubby's gone & so is Sidney .
The Sheriff states cell phones & laptop , wallet , credit cards left at home .
(Was that part of the plan or forgotten in the rush )
Why would the step-dad's first reaction be Bull.... ?
One of the articles states step-dad just recently bought the hand gun . How recent ?
How long was his obsession / possessiveness toward Sidney going on ? Mother was only married to the man for 2 yrs .
Someone posted (maybe rumor ? ) that step-dad gave Sidney pills and got her drunk until she passed out . How long ago ? Was this the first time ? Where was mom ?

https://www.facebook.com/lawrencecou...iffsdepartment
Cornell Truck (7 photos)
Please look at this truck in detail and see if you remember seein it any time from Saturday night at 10pm til sometime Monday morning

Look at this photo of the passenger side of the truck & compare it to the rest of the truck . It seems to me that something or somebody came in contact with that area . Can anyone blow it up for better detail ?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

dacskc

I would say he left the phones, credit cards, etc... at home because he knew he was coming back. After reading the comments at Websleuths, I agree with their assessment that he took her from the room after everyone was asleep, left the house with her, then returned home alone at 4:30 not expecting anyone to be awake. He would "wake up" a couple of hours later and appear surprised that she was gone.

His first words were "bullsh**" because he knew he'd been caught. I can see that being an angry response to an accusation. I know if I were the mom, I'd be asking where he'd been, why he was sneaking home early in the morning, and where the hell was my daughter? I wonder if he kept the gun in his vehicle at all times? If not, It's pretty damning that he left the house the first time with the gun, but no cash, phone, etc...I know when I go somewhere, I usually take money and my phone. A gun? Not so much.

Also, there seems to be a discrepancy in the story. Did he come back inside for those things or did he immediately back out of the driveway?

ur

Hopefully they have gathered a lot of evidence from his truck, what was in it, the bottom of his shoes, his autopsy. etc.  From the truck pics, it looks like he might have been on some dirt roads but not in deep mud. Also, any camera footage from nearby gas stations would help. It looks like from where their house is in WR, county road 438 is one of the fastest roads out into the country. From what I can gather from pics, his car was found about 5 miles from his house.

pigture perfect

Was any truth in an earlier story that the pick-up wasfound  on or near the Bio-fathers farm?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

ur

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 13, 2013, 06:26:24 pm
Was any truth in an earlier story that the pick-up wasfound  on or near the Bio-fathers farm?
Only place I have read that is this site. I don't know. Maybe ponderinhog could help. He is from WR according to his post.

ur

After reading this, I think he knew the gig was up.
http://www.thv11.com/news/article/254158/2/Mother-speaks-out-on-her-daughters-disappearance

she believes John Cornell killed her daughter.

"I yelled at him and told him I called 911 and that was the last I saw of him," she recalled.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ur on March 13, 2013, 06:54:41 pm
After reading this, I think he knew the gig was up.
http://www.thv11.com/news/article/254158/2/Mother-speaks-out-on-her-daughters-disappearance

she believes John Cornell killed her daughter.

"I yelled at him and told him I called 911 and that was the last I saw of him," she recalled.

There's more to this story.  Just feel it.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

ur

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 13, 2013, 07:54:41 pm

Agree. More and different info on every news story.

http://www.thetd.com/freepages/2013-03-13/news/story1.php

there were no signs of a struggle and there is evidence that John might have been stocking up on food, so they are hopeful that he might have taken her somewhere and left her.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: ur on March 13, 2013, 08:02:29 pm
Agree. More and different info on every news story.

http://www.thetd.com/freepages/2013-03-13/news/story1.php

there were no signs of a struggle and there is evidence that John might have been stocking up on food, so they are hopeful that he might have taken her somewhere and left her.

Check your PM.  Should be there now.
His response to me:
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

PonderinHog

Quote from: ur on March 13, 2013, 06:41:28 pm
Only place I have read that is this site. I don't know. Maybe ponderinhog could help. He is from WR according to his post.
I haven't lived there in thirty years and I'm not familiar with the name Randell.  I did a phone number lookup using the name Randell and nothing came up in the Walnut Ridge area.  The name Randall came up, however.

ricepig

Quote from: PonderinHog on March 13, 2013, 08:10:23 pm
I haven't lived there in thirty years and I'm not familiar with the name Randell.  I did a phone number lookup using the name Randell and nothing came up in the Walnut Ridge area.  The name Randall came up, however.

I'm in the same boat as you, is this address north of town? I farmed south of town, but the name is not familiar.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ur on March 13, 2013, 06:16:07 pm
Hopefully they have gathered a lot of evidence from his truck, what was in it, the bottom of his shoes, his autopsy. etc.  From the truck pics, it looks like he might have been on some dirt roads but not in deep mud. Also, any camera footage from nearby gas stations would help. It looks like from where their house is in WR, county road 438 is one of the fastest roads out into the country. From what I can gather from pics, his car was found about 5 miles from his house.
Lawrence 438 runs parallel to HWY 412 all the way to Portia.  It really doesn't go into the country, so to speak, but there are connecting roads running north and south that will take you to the Black River.

PonderinHog

Quote from: ricepig on March 13, 2013, 08:15:20 pm
I'm in the same boat as you, is this address north of town? I farmed south of town, but the name is not familiar.
Yes, it's the first county road north of town, running west from HWY 67.

panhandlepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 13, 2013, 07:54:41 pm

If the Mom is quoted correctly she said "My first thought was maybe she had gotten sick and he had taken her to the hospital.  I called and they said no one has been there, so  I called 911"

yeah right. I wake up and my daughter is gone so I assume that she got sick and no one woke my ass up?

I hope this doesn't end where it looks like it will. I hope the people who knew there was a big problem can sleep at night

ur

Being from Batesville, one county away, this really bothers me.
From what I could figure from looking at pics on fb page and the news clips, They lived in Walnut Ridge on 7th street. His truck was found 4 miles east of the 67 & county road 438 intersection. Correct, 438 is 1 mile north of 412 and runs parallel to it. His truck was about 800 yards north of 438 on the west side of the north-south running ditch. The truck was pointed south however. No deep mud marks on the tires which tell me he didn't go far offroad with her. Hopefully she is tied or locked in a cabin somewhere. My fear is they will find her in the river bottoms or one of the lakes near a paved or gravel road.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 08:26:56 pm
If the Mom is quoted correctly she said "My first thought was maybe she had gotten sick and he had taken her to the hospital.  I called and they said no one has been there, so  I called 911"

yeah right. I wake up and my daughter is gone so I assume that she got sick and no one woke my ass up?

I hope this doesn't end where it looks like it will. I hope the people who knew there was a big problem can sleep at night

I guess I'm just suspicious, but I'm not real cool with her interview from the link above.   I guess I've just worked with military police and been in Anti-Terrorism too long.
His response to me:

razorback93

I work with children in the mental health field.  Anyone in that field or social services has seen this scenario over and over, but rarely to this extreme.  Co-dependent parent, usually Mom, has to have a man so she hooks up with some creep/A$$hole. He either abuses the kids or is just an A$$, but she lives in denial or makes excuses, blah, blah, blah.  Mark my words, when all the details come out, it's going to be ugly.  I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.  It angers me when innocent children have to pay the price for adults' stupidity or emotional neediness.  I hope they find her alive and well and I am praying for her and her family. 

Something over there

She didn't seem all that suspicious to me but she may have been a little drugged out.

razorback93

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 13, 2013, 08:38:32 pm
I guess I'm just suspicious, but I'm not real cool with her interview from the link above.   I guess I've just worked with military police and been in Anti-Terrorism too long.
You are not being too paranoid.  Your instincts are likely to be proven correct.  Mom will get all the comfort and sympathy, but it's her baby who has likely paid the price for her choices.  May God have mercy on her.

razorback93

Quote from: Something over there on March 13, 2013, 08:51:39 pm
She didn't seem all that suspicious to me but she may have been a little drugged out.
I have no doubt she had nothing to do with the actual crime.  But she is reponsible for having him in her and her children's lives.  I haven't seen anybody come to this guy's defense.  No one saying he was a fine churchgoing man and they can't believe he would ever do anything like this.

panhandlepig

Quote from: SooiecidetillNuttgone on March 13, 2013, 08:38:32 pm

I don't think you have to have your background to be suspicious. It's not just this case but most of them, it's the people who are supposed to love you the most who are the most to blame.

If this plays out like it probably will then everyone who knew that child was at risk and turned a blind eye is guilty.  This darn happens every day and someone is looking the other way while it's happening.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: razorback93 on March 13, 2013, 08:51:18 pm
I work with children in the mental health field.  Anyone in that field or social services has seen this scenario over and over, but rarely to this extreme.  Co-dependent parent, usually Mom, has to have a man so she hooks up with some creep/A$$hole. He either abuses the kids or is just an A$$, but she lives in denial or makes excuses, blah, blah, blah.  Mark my words, when all the details come out, it's going to be ugly.  I hope I am wrong but I doubt it.  It angers me when innocent children have to pay the price for adults' stupidity or emotional neediness.  I hope they find her alive and well and I am praying for her and her family. 

Well I don't work with your type of clientel.  However, I have worked with secuirty forces, etc., and I have picked up a little about body language, etc. and gotten some training.  Security Forces & hardened, experienced Police smoke me as far as experience and overall knowledge though.....For picking up on body language, etc. that is.

An experienced policeman and psychologist trained in detecting things, mannerisms, body language, etc. could probably really help the local guys......Assuming they aren't as experienced.
His response to me:

ricepig

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 13, 2013, 08:52:51 pm
Negative.

It was actually on one of my father-in-law's farms. 

Small world, more people with Law Co connections on HV  of course, it was the mother of counties. I'm sure I know your father-in-law, I farmed in Law Co for 30 years.

PorkSoda

anyone know how many bullets were discharged from the gun?  seems like pretty pertinent information to whether there is a chance she is still alive.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

hoglady

Ya'll should really think before judging this mother too harshly at this point.
This girl is a teenager and like lots of teenagers they have their phones taken and restrictions on friends for a host of reasons. If pervs like this guy are so easy to spot - why are so many kids molested by priests, ball coaches, youth ministers, preachers, teachers, step dad, dad or Uncle Bob. Lots of these guys are masters at manipulation and deception. Hindsight is always 20/20 - the clues that eluded someone are now crystal clear.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: hoglady on March 13, 2013, 10:35:27 pm
Ya'll should really think before judging this mother too harshly at this point.
This girl is a teenager and like lots of teenagers they have their phones taken and restrictions on friends for a host of reasons. If pervs like this guy are so easy to spot - why are so many kids molested by priests, ball coaches, youth ministers, preachers, teachers, step dad, dad or Uncle Bob. Lots of these guys are masters at manipulation and deception. Hindsight is always 20/20 - the clues that eluded someone are now crystal clear.

Hey, I'm not judging.  Look at all  my  posts.  In one, I even say I certainly believe that he's guilty.

I'm just saying there's a lot here that makes me believe that this might not be just a cut and dried mentally defective man that became enamored with a young teen and went ape stuff crazy.
His response to me:

panhandlepig

Quote from: hoglady on March 13, 2013, 10:35:27 pm
Y'all should really think before judging this mother too harshly at this point.

Sorry, but how can you not judge this mother in this context?  I'm a mother and have a teenaged daughter and can say with absolute confidence that my child will never be in a situation like this. Ever.

I also think that there are plenty of people who saw this play out and turned a blind eye...they always do.

hoglady

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:02:18 pm
  Sorry, but how can you not judge this mother in this context?  I'm a mother and have a teenaged daughter and can say with absolute confidence that my child will never be in a situation like this. Ever.

I also think that there are plenty of people who saw this play out and turned a blind eye...they always do.

I agree there are situations where folks turn a blind eye and on the flip side of that there are situations where folks are blindsided.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

panhandlepig

Hey, I understand women who put their needs over their childs...I get it. I understand why they do it. I can still say they are guilty of child abuse when they do.

I hope this child is found. Whatever happens, it'll be this stepfather who is dead who had access to this child and victimized this child who is ultimately at fault..  But Her Mother should have kept her safe and she didn't.

ur

LSUFan

Quote from: dacskc on March 13, 2013, 01:25:15 pm
Sadly, there are far too many women who will put their children at risk for what they perceive to be security. When I was in HS, my younger sister was friends with a girl who was in pretty much this same situation. The mother would not listen to anybody who said a word against her husband (the girl's step-father). She had four children from a previous marriage and ignored anything and everything that people told her about this man just for the sake of his paycheck. My sister said the guy was creepy and she didn't like going over there. Family tried to talk sense into her, but they ended up moving away. My sister heard that her friend had gotten married and left the home when she was 17 or 18. (probably to get out of the house)

IDK if the mother in this case is like that or not. I suppose there are scenarios where she maybe didn't know what was going on; I heard they weren't married that long, so who knows? Maybe she was just beginning to suspect something wasn't right? I will never understand people who choose to endanger their children so they can have money, companionship, or whatever. Hopefully, this mother didn't know...for the sake of the safety of her other kids (if she has any).
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! SHAKA LAKA!!!!!
I ain't saying you babysitting, but my kids are all over your couch.

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on August 17, 2015, 02:46:52 pm
Sometimes, I think you're a wine-o who found a laptop in a dumpster.

panhandlepig

LSUFan

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:13:48 pm
Hey, I understand women who put their needs over their childs...I get it. I understand why they do it. I can still say they are guilty of child abuse when they do.

I hope this child is found. Whatever happens, it'll be this stepfather who is dead who had access to this child and victimized this child who is ultimately at fault..  But Her Mother should have kept her safe and she didn't.
Selfishness? Her Choice? Yeah, I get it too.

LZH

panhandlepig

Quote from: LSUFan on March 13, 2013, 11:34:28 pm
Selfishness? Her Choice? Yeah, I get it too.

oh don't even go there dude.

LSUFan

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:33:27 pm
  If he was her real Dad, he would have never let this happen.
Naw, the backwoods redneck court system in Arkansas probably deemed the parent with the fagina the better parent, as Arkansas does in 96.6% of the custody cases. So, in the 4 days a month he got to see his daughter, he coudn't protect her from the birth vehicle known as "Mom"

LSUFan

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:37:31 pm
  oh don't even go there dude.
You get it and understand it, therefore you identify.

panhandlepig

Quote from: LSUFan on March 13, 2013, 11:38:07 pm
Naw, the backwoods redneck court system in Arkansas probably deemed the parent with the fagina the better parent, as Arkansas does in 96.6% of the custody cases. So, in the 4 days a month he got to see his daughter, he coudn't protect her from the birth vehicle known as "Mom"

That's no excuse.  Ever.

LSUFan

panhandlepig

Quote from: LSUFan on March 13, 2013, 11:45:44 pm
How would you know?

I guess i don't know for sure. I do know that I would never ever put my child in a situation like this.

Of course, it's easy for me because I'm raising my kid with their Dad.  I would hope that if me and Dad parted ways I would recognize that he loves her as much as I do...some parents hate each other more than they love their children.

I don't understand it, but I do get that some parents put their children in harms way for their own effed up reasons.

RNHog

I can vouche for this bull 100%.

No matter how good the dad is, how much better of a role model he is, etc the Attorney's for the woman and the stupid courts will rule in favor of the "suitable" parent.

While it was my choice to walk the path I took, each parent should be treated the same and fairly in the eyes of the "arkansas court systems."

RNHog

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:53:10 pm
  I guess i don't know for sure. I do know that I would never ever put my child in a situation like this.

Of course, it's easy for me because I'm raising my kid with their Dad.  I would hope that if me and Dad parted ways I would recognize that he loves her as much as I do...some parents hate each other more than they love their children.

I don't understand it, but I do get that some parents put their children in harms way for their own effed up reasons.
Some situations are better than others. And thank GOD mine has been pretty good. But the court will always take the side of the woman in Arkansas, allow every other weekend with the dad.

Yes, the man can get their kid more if they want and the other side agrees. Some people are able to work it out where one week they are with mom, then one week they are with dad. But one BIG issue comes into play. The more they are with Dad, then NO CHILD SUPPORT for the woman. And guess what...that ain't happening because more times than none, its all about the money.

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: RNHog on March 13, 2013, 11:59:15 pm
Some situations are better than others. And thank GOD mine has been pretty good. But the court will always take the side of the woman in Arkansas, allow every other weekend with the dad.

Yes, the man can get their kid more if they want and the other side agrees. Some people are able to work it out where one week they are with mom, then one week they are with dad. But one BIG issue comes into play. The more they are with Dad, then NO CHILD SUPPORT for the woman. And guess what...that ain't happening because more times than none, its all about the money.

I got lucky on the child support part, but I don't live in Arkansas.  I've heard horror stories from my brother's friend though.
He chose the smart rode.  He chose to have none so it's never an issue for him.
His response to me:

LSUFan

Quote from: panhandlepig on March 13, 2013, 11:53:10 pm

Wise woman.

The greatest gift you can ever give your child is to love their parent.

LSUFan

Quote from: RNHog on March 13, 2013, 11:56:32 pm
I can vouche for this bull 100%.

No matter how good the dad is, how much better of a role model he is, etc the Attorney's for the woman and the stupid courts will rule in favor of the "suitable" parent.

While it was my choice to walk the path I took, each parent should be treated the same and fairly in the eyes of the "arkansas court systems."
cosign

LSUFan

Quote from: RNHog on March 13, 2013, 11:59:15 pm

BOOM!

RNHog

Quote from: LSUFan on March 14, 2013, 12:07:22 am
BOOM!

I'll be here all day folks! I would love to get a group going to protest how the courts treat GREAT dads and change some things.

My child loves me though and I have always been in her life. 100%. So things are working out ok no matter how tough things were inititally.

dacskc

I totally understand the child support thing (I've witnessed how it can be abused), but it's a two-sided coin. My Dad left us (and the state) when I was eight years old and my siblings were 4 and 5. My mom never got a penny and worked 2 jobs to clothe and feed us. Sometimes it really is about "what's right" and not money. That said, custody should never be granted based on the parent's sex. The courts can't know which parent will be the one to step up and do what's right for the child. (Hopefully, they both would). There should be a better way of working it out that favors the child.

panhandlepig

I guess my point in my own naive way is that my Daddy let me know he  would move heaven and earth to keep me safe. My mom was a force of nature and ruled the roost for the most part.  But, I don't think my Dad would have let her or anyone keep him from protecting me..ever.

I wouldn't respect my husband if he didn't feel the same way about our daughter.  I wouldn't want her to feel any differently than I did.  If I went bat-darn crazy, I would expect my husband to put our daughter first and knock me to the curb.