Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas CWS game thread - Hogs headed home ........LSU 14 Razorbacks 5

Started by Hogtropolis™, May 29, 2009, 10:30:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkansasno1

Quote from: Triple T on June 06, 2009, 05:47:49 pm
What he said.

One of my neighbors almost threatened to call the cops because I was screaming and running around outside. Frick her. Good job Hogs, never doubted y'all for a second.

No kidding, I never heard a crew on espn so depressed that another team won.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Earl

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ua_hogs

Table Rocker

A little payback for getting Aubrey Phillips.

HogFansReunited

Grats hogs.  I missed this game because of work and now I am really kicking myself.  When I get home I will have to find a replay of it.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

razorbackfan86

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 06, 2009, 06:42:34 pm
Grats hogs.  I missed this game because of work and now I am really kicking myself.  When I get home I will have to find a replay of it.

I think someone said it was replaying tonight on ESPNU

snoblind

Quote from: HogFansReunited on June 06, 2009, 06:42:34 pm

EspnU or Classic sometime later tonight, not sure when.  Heard that on ESPN 96.3 duiring their postgame show.

HogFansReunited

Quote from: snoblind on June 06, 2009, 06:59:40 pm
EspnU or Classic sometime later tonight, not sure when.  Heard that on ESPN 96.3 duiring their postgame show.

I can probably watch it on ESPN360 when I get home.  Damn I am mad I missed this game.  I was planning on watching it at work but I had to drive to Barstow CA (2.5 hour drive) to get some documents signed so I missed it.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

razorbackfan86

"The Super Thread" Stats

139 Pages

9 Days Old

15.444444 Pages A day

6,215 Replies

That averages out to A little over 690 a day

And this thread is only going to get bigger now that we are on the way to OMAHA!!

HoopS

Scheduled to be on at 11 on ESPNU....after the ASU/Clemson game. 

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 06, 2009, 04:58:32 pm
It is almost 5pm and I just returned from 2 1/2 hours of tennis. Read through this thread from the 8th inning to see how the game went at the end.

This thread cracks me up. Very funny stuff. You boys are fickle as hell...first the Hogs are in the CWS then they have lost, then they are in the CWS. All of that in the span of 1 inning! Too funny reading these comments. Many of you gave up so easily. Take an attitude and stick with it!

Quote from: Earl on June 06, 2009, 06:02:01 pm

LMAO

You know someone is not much of a Hog fan that would choose to play tennis over watching this game. Especially someone that would brag about it like it was something special. One exception would be the French Open, but I think the men's final is set for tomorrow.

Most of the negative comments in this thread were fans in shock, but there will always be that 5% that choose to be negative because they can't deal with losing.

Bet there will be more negative comments from Tiger fans next year. However, in their defense, they should be pissed because they just got taken by Cal who made mega $'s and likely left Memphis in a hole that will take years to recover while inflating his market value as a Coach. 

Go Hogs!!!!

Ray Piggers

The game is directly after the end of the Clemson/ ASU game.

:)

I have to bask in this one!
I'm basically Darkwing Duck

rzrbackrob

Quote from: HoginMemphis on June 06, 2009, 04:58:32 pm
It is almost 5pm and I just returned from 2 1/2 hours of tennis. Read through this thread from the 8th inning to see how the game went at the end.

This thread cracks me up. Very funny stuff. You boys are fickle as hell...first the Hogs are in the CWS then they have lost, then they are in the CWS. All of that in the span of 1 inning! Too funny reading these comments. Many of you gave up so easily. Take an attitude and stick with it!

HIM was playing Cal in tennis today. Cal was cheating as usual and was able to come away with the win. Tonight they went to Flemings and watched Texass play the weakest team in the Super Regionals. Cal left because he had to introduce some new recruits to the people who will be taking their SATs. With nothing to do for the night, HIM decided to diffuse all the euphoria on the board tonight. Texass fans are just like that.
Good is the enemy of great

athunt

"It's easy to recruit these combine guys that run around real fast in their underwear.  We're gonna recruit football players"
-Reggie Johnson

Redman

WWW. [CENSORED]./DIRECTORY/SPORTS  I HAVE WATCHED ALL THE GAMES THEY PLAYED IN TOURMENT HERE

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Hawg2011 on June 07, 2009, 12:06:02 am
Rarely do I say this, but I agree with HiM.

Our fans don't have a real firm belief in our team. We're puffed up and the best team in the country when we're winning, and worse than Div. II teams when we're losing.

Buck Up and be a fan, or sit back and be a commentator.

Only problem is you are basing your comment on a few posters on Hogville. Most fans don't even post on message boards. Quit reading FCJ posts and pay attention to how we follow our team maybe better than any other in the Nation.

10thPlanet

rzrbackrob

Don't really have anything to say, just don't want this thread to get too far down the page.

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

razorbackfan86

deshahawg

If we win this thing we'll be the first school to win a National Championship in the three major sports.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: deshahawg on June 07, 2009, 01:48:51 pm
If we win this thing we'll be the first school to win a National Championship in the three major sports.
Whoa, hoss. Don't get too gung ho just yet.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

chiefsfan

huh?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razorbackfan86

I think that's just in the SEC

razobak

Go Hogs, Beat Refs!

chiefsfan

Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

razorbackfan86

chiefsfan

rzrbackrob

The hogs theme song could be "That's Life" by Frank Sinatra

One part of the song goes:

"You're riding high in April" (Hogs reach #1)
"Shot down in May" (last 1/2 of the SEC season)
"But I know I'm going to change that tune, when I'm back on top in June" (CWS)

"And as funny as it may seem, some people get their kicks stomping on a dream" (insert your favorite poster here)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM&feature=related

javajockey

razorbackfan86

Our thread lays in the quiet like a sleeping dragon ready to burst out in OMAHA!!!!

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: javajockey on June 08, 2009, 09:34:09 pm
Bump

Hey Mods, can you sticky this!

Ditto. We need the good luck thread locked in to avoid dupes.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

HoopS

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rlh06 on June 08, 2009, 09:36:51 pm
Ditto. We need the good luck thread locked in to avoid dupes.

One would argue "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 08, 2009, 09:39:53 pm
One would argue "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Bingo!  We've got the thread ready and the lucky beer on ice.  Just waiting on game day to get here.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rlh06 on June 08, 2009, 09:46:43 pm
We've got the thread ready and the lucky beer on ice.  Just waiting on game day to get here.

Yes we do! Gameday can't get here fast enough!!

whatsshakinbacon

No sticky - no change whatsoever.  The luckiest thread in the history of hogville will rise to the top once again on Saturday.

Bacon out...

Trottsky

Man, tough draw facing Cal State-Fullerton. If they beat those guys, though, LOOK OUT!

Hogbody

We have the ole secret weapon here

Ace in the hole

razorbackfan86

Man when I first saw the title change, I thought someone had made a new thread.. Then I saw the 139 pages and knew and breathed a sigh of relief

J. Green

Hogbody

Clint Alan

"It isn't hard to be good from time to time in sports. What's tough is being good every day." - Willie Mays

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: razorbackfan86 on June 06, 2009, 09:05:29 pm
"The Super Thread" Stats

139 Pages

9 Days Old

15.444444 Pages A day

6,215 Replies

That averages out to A little over 690 a day

And this thread is only going to get bigger now that we are on the way to OMAHA!!

I'll hit 3000 posts around 2:00pm Saturday.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: rlh06 on June 09, 2009, 07:15:09 pm
I'll hit 3000 posts around 2:00pm Saturday.

I'll be shooting for 4,000

Hope to make it to 5,000 right about the time Arkansas is dogpiling!!!

razorbackfan86

PigWig

So, this thing gets moved over to MMQB for the fall if we have a good showing in Omaha?

Razorbadarse

Quote from: PigWig on June 09, 2009, 07:25:41 pm
So, this thing gets moved over to MMQB for the fall if we have a good showing in Omaha?

This thread should be perma-stickied on Extra Innings if the baseball team finishes Omaha with a Hogpile.

PoormansRobbyHampton

This thing has been amazing for us. I'm not saying it's the only reason that we've won 5 straight, but it is a little weird that the thread goes up and we win five straight.

Also, and I'm reaching a little bit here. Is any team playing better than we are since the 8th inning of the first game of the regional? We put up the big 9 spot against Washington St., hung 17 on Oklahoma, put 7 more up and tossed a shut-out, dominated Florida St. in game 1 and rallied back to win game 2.

That's a good 5 game run against three of the better teams in the country.