Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Korliss Marshall

Started by Dozerdogg, September 22, 2012, 03:05:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dozerdogg

Kid is good enough to play at Arkansas. Best second gear I have seen since DeAngelo Williams. He may not have the grades but he has the talent.

The Boar War

Another board's reporting he got an 18 on the ACT.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: Dozerdogg on September 22, 2012, 03:05:53 pm
Kid is good enough to play at Arkansas. Best second gear I have seen since DeAngelo Williams. He may not have the grades but he has the talent.
I've seen this kid play several times and he's a solid high school player but is absolutely not an SEC back. I wish him lots of success but he's not Razorback material.

Aston Martin 8 dude

Quote from: Dozerdogg on September 22, 2012, 03:05:53 pm
My only question is what are his third, fourth and fifth gears like?

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: The Boar War on October 11, 2012, 10:46:31 pm
Another board's reporting he got an 18 on the ACT.

I believe that's good enough, is it not?

The Boar War

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on October 12, 2012, 01:49:54 pm
I believe that's good enough, is it not?

It is.  I pulled up an old thread about him rather than starting a new one.

Hornet67

He fumbles WAY too much without contact. Does have great speed not De Angelo by any means.

ricepig

I'd much rather have Martin Stafford from Jonesboro, but neither are SEC RB's.

Country Stylz

He looks like an SEC back on his film, imo.

itsamomthang

The bravest thing a man can do is to remain silent in a chanting crowd.  - Rukshana Smith (Rainbows of the Gutter)

ballinhog

This guy has speed on top of speed. There's gotta be somewhere on the field for him

blyhog

Being that he is the son of Jonathan Adams(the Best Back to come out of NEArk) he has Talent to Burn!!Just hopes he is not a HeadCase like old Biggie was!! I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT A BIGTIME SAFETY HE COULD BE....but also a good RB in college as well

Uncommon

He's my top in-state player that hasn't been offered a scholarship by the Razorbacks.

IrishShenanigans69

Quote from: blyhog on October 26, 2012, 01:45:58 pm
Being that he is the son of Jonathan Adams(the Best Back to come out of NEArk) he has Talent to Burn!!Just hopes he is not a HeadCase like old Biggie was!! I CAN ONLY IMAGINE WHAT A BIGTIME SAFETY HE COULD BE....but also a good RB in college as well

Whatever happened to Jonathan Adams?  He was at Osceola when I was in middle school, and whipped up on my Colts, and I've never heard of him since.

The Boar War

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on October 26, 2012, 04:22:31 pm
Whatever happened to Jonathan Adams?  He was at Osceola when I was in middle school, and whipped up on my Colts, and I've never heard of him since.

He was the state all time leading rusher until Dyer broke his record.  Ended up signing with Arkansas State even though he had offers to Arkansas and Alabama.  I think it was a grade issue but I don't remember.  Last I heard he worked in Jonesboro.

blyhog

JONATHAN ADAMS was an unparalleled Talent,he was a PoorMans Basil Shabazz.And also a headcase,I know somebody that knows somebody(lol) but I was told he had a Carte Blanche opportunity with the Cowboys as a Free Agent pickup that would have CERTAINLY made the team because Maurice Carthon was then OC Coordinator and gave Fellow Osceolean Adams the HOOKUP....then Adam comes to Camp overweight and came to a Preseason meeting late and drunk.As I was TOLD Old MoCarth told Jonathan go on back to Osceola because he was more concerned with Partying  than Pro Football

Kicking Wing

I seem to recall that Jonathan Adams went to camp with the Rams, not Cowboys.  He was eligible his freshman year and played that year.  He hurt his ankle in the HS all-star game before his freshman year and some say he never got back to full speed.  He was a beat when healthy in college.  I recall him having a great game against L. Tomlinson at Indian Stadium and he had back to back 1000 yard seasons.

Marshall is talented.  I wonder if he ends up playing RB, LB or safety.

The Boar War

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on October 11, 2012, 11:01:53 pm
I've seen this kid play several times and he's a solid high school player but is absolutely not an SEC back. I wish him lots of success but he's not Razorback material.

That's interesting.  Bama just got involved.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: The Boar War on October 28, 2012, 09:30:00 pm
That's interesting.  Bama just got involved.

Bama sends letters and stuff out to lots of kids. I don't see him going big time D1 that's just my personal evaluation. But, I hope I'm wrong and he gets lots of offers. I wish him much success.

mmhogs17

He's gonna get ALOT of attention all the way up to NSD with him qualifying.

Dozerdogg

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on October 28, 2012, 09:49:33 pm
Bama sends letters and stuff out to lots of kids. I don't see him going big time D1 that's just my personal evaluation. But, I hope I'm wrong and he gets lots of offers. I wish him much success.
He is as fast as DeAngelo Williams and better thn Cedric Houston and I have coached against all three

ricepig

Early on it was said that he shys away from contact, it appears that he has improved on that. It will interesting to see if any big offers come through.

HoneyNuttPetrinoos

Everytime i see him run it reminds me of the oregon rb's...  The guy has a motor that most high schoolers don't have.. 

IrishShenanigans69

Guess he wasn't too effective last night  ;D .  GO COLTS!!!

JerryHog3

Quote from: IrishShenanigans69 on November 02, 2012, 02:27:51 pm
Guess he wasn't too effective last night  ;D .  GO COLTS!!!

He was hurt last night.. Stay classy Bro!

BBHog

Quote from: blyhog on October 26, 2012, 01:45:58 pm

Seriously? Jonathan must have had him when he was like 14.

jackflash

if he can play defense would take a look. with 17 committs we need to add all the defensive players we can

secfan1

A pretty good "eye" told me that this kid can play. Just like Kenneth Dixon last year this kid can be sec.

CDBHawg

Sign him up along with Drew Morgan. Should've taken Dixon as well.

ricepig

Quote from: CDBHawg on November 05, 2012, 08:44:58 am
Sign him up along with Drew Morgan. Should've taken Dixon as well.

Yep, let's have a team of only kids from Arkansas.

CDBHawg

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2012, 10:27:54 am

Who's saying that?

The Boar War

Quote from: ricepig on November 05, 2012, 10:27:54 am

That's three people in two different classes.  If there are SEC caliber athletes in AR we should take them.

blyhog

Marshall is the best back in Arkansas this year hands down,if he was in Central Arkansas he would be 5Star talent and Top10 RBs in Nation quite possibly....he can flat out BALL and has a great motor

ricepig

Quote from: blyhog on November 19, 2012, 11:17:06 am
Marshall is the best back in Arkansas this year hands down,if he was in Central Arkansas he would be 5Star talent and Top10 RBs in Nation quite possibly....he can flat out BALL and has a great motor

Easy to say running against the competition he has, that's what makes it hard fir fans to see. That's the reason you go to the camps in the summer, the coaches can see you against like competition.

CDBHawg

BrianWPS!!

Something tells me that we will whiff on this kid and hell go on to do great things. Please just sign him. We always say we have to lock up what little talent we have in Arkansas so what's the worst that could happen? Chances are, this recruiting class will not be very good anyway.

ricepig

Quote from: BrianWPS!! on November 19, 2012, 01:26:56 pm
Something tells me that we will whiff on this kid and hell go on to do great things. Please just sign him. We always say we have to lock up what little talent we have in Arkansas so what's the worst that could happen? Chances are, this recruiting class will not be very good anyway.

How many SEC offers does he have?

blyhog

HOW MANY SEC OFFERS DID KENNETH DIXON HAVE?? How did that turn out?? Time to take a chance on one of our own instead of some risk from another state

mmhogs17

Quote from: ricepig on November 19, 2012, 06:06:05 pm
How many SEC offers does he have?

Kenneth Dixon now owns the record for most rushing TD's by a Freshman in NCAA History, and he had none. These Eastern/Southern Arkansas kids always seem to be underrated.

CDBHawg

Quote from: mmhogs17 on November 20, 2012, 02:42:16 am
Kenneth Dixon now owns the record for most rushing TD's by a Freshman in NCAA History, and he had none. These Eastern/Southern Arkansas kids always seem to be underrated.

This^^^

whosiskid

I believe Korliss will get an offer as soon as we get a new coach. Since passing his ACTs his stock has gone up sharply, but despite the offers he appears to be sitting tight. I suspect he has been told by our current coaches to just sit tight and wait to see who the new hire is. If anything, missing on Dixon probably helps his changes. We don't want to do that again.

But NOTHING is going to happen as far as recruiting goes until we get a coach. That could be in two weeks. The things will sort themselves out on the recruiting front.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

The Boar War

Quote from: whosiskid on November 20, 2012, 07:04:19 am
I believe Korliss will get an offer as soon as we get a new coach. Since passing his ACTs his stock has gone up sharply, but despite the offers he appears to be sitting tight. I suspect he has been told by our current coaches to just sit tight and wait to see who the new hire is. If anything, missing on Dixon probably helps his changes. We don't want to do that again.

But NOTHING is going to happen as far as recruiting goes until we get a coach. That could be in two weeks. The things will sort themselves out on the recruiting front.

Wasn't that the Dennis Johnson approach?