Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spread Offenses in the SEC

Started by BBHog, February 25, 2018, 01:23:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Right or wrong, I believe if Morris had the choice between a great dual threat and a great drop back QB, that he would first look at what personnel he had that would work with either of these two and if that seemed about equal,he would take the dual threat every time if he couldn't have both.  The last thing he needs is one or the other with their backup being completely opposite.  Morris, in my opinion, will do his best to utilize the talents of whatever he has on campus or is limited to recruiting and will try and build a team around that talent he has available. 

We can have Tom Brady at QB and it won't matter if half the defense is sitting in the pocket having a beer when Brady arrives there. Or we can have the best dual threat in the world and he might get 400 yards a game but all of it running sideways trying to avoid a sack or getting killed.

Morris MAY be the first HC since Holtz we have had that might try and take the talent we actually have, find their talents and then blend an offense around that, instead of demanding that we gonna power run it or we gonna run on near every down (WISHBONE) or we are gonna run until I just decide to throw one stupid, (NUTT).