Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With a week or more in our new conditioning program

Started by nwahogfan1, February 04, 2018, 04:03:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razorsharptusk

I best he has his hands full with the mental side of this team. Its like the mental toighness on the football field went out the window with the first negative play.  With no hope of recovering the rest of the game. I know these guys are young.  Hoping to see a whole new attitude and mindset this year.  A hunger.  If the saying holds true that "so goes the coach goes the players", I'm expecting a huge change.
GO HOGS!!

Hogindasticks

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 06, 2018, 12:41:27 pm
So it was the curse words in that rap music that made our defense like a sieve and our offense sluggish. Maybe they should listen to gospel music. If that helps them win the West, I'm all for it. But honestly, I don't put much stock into the impact of a strength and conditioning coach. They all use similar techniques to create a mood and to motivate guys to push themselves. It's happening all across the SEC, not just at Arkansas.

Respect, Respect for the family and Respect for the Team.  Maybe the fans should respect a coach's wishes to show people how to respect each other.  If I see the results I see on the SMU film I watched from last year...I am all for it.  Those kids didn't want him to leave.  There is a reason.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogindasticks on February 07, 2018, 07:57:01 pm
Respect, Respect for the family and Respect for the Team.  Maybe the fans should respect a coach's wishes to show people how to respect each other.

The more that you sacrifice, the more disciplined you become in every aspect of off season preparation, the more that you put out and overcome as a team, the more goals that you achieve as a total team unit, the less likely that you are going to be to give up at the first sign of adversity in the season. And that doesn't start in the season. It starts in the off season and when it is repetitive in nature, it becomes the standard culture that feeds over from season to season. It becomes the character and true nature of a team. This is what we need.
Go Hogs Go!