Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Crystal Ball picks for Tyree Wilson

Started by SooieGeneris, January 10, 2018, 03:40:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopeful Hog

Seriously though a 6'5" 240 lb (added college weight) LBER with obvious tackling ability would be a nightmare for everyone in the SEC. Pair that with Chavis teaching and the new SC coach emphasizing agility and speed = 3-4 pass rushing terror. Think Tim Williams from Bama a year before this.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 11, 2018, 11:10:02 pm
Seriously though a 6'5" 240 lb (added college weight) LBER with obvious tackling ability would be a nightmare for everyone in the SEC. Pair that with Chavis teaching and the new SC coach emphasizing agility and speed = 3-4 pass rushing terror. Think Tim Williams from Bama a year before this.

True.  Really, he's almost a can't miss.  He'll either continue to fill out and get up into the 260-280 range and be a DE or, if he winds up topping out in the 240-250 range he would be a very nice size LB.

FraggleHog

We need to get this guy scheduled for an OV stat!
Calling the Hogs from DFW

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: jgphillips3 on January 12, 2018, 01:51:34 am
True.  Really, he's almost a can't miss.  He'll either continue to fill out and get up into the 260-280 range and be a DE or, if he winds up topping out in the 240-250 range he would be a very nice size LB.

Or a weakside rush end in the 43.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 11, 2018, 11:10:02 pm

You think we're going to run the 34 D?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 12, 2018, 10:01:45 am
You think we're going to run the 34 D?
Chavis has already said we will run a 4-3, but will incorporate some 3-4 and other fronts when needed

FraggleHog

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on January 12, 2018, 10:04:20 am
Chavis has already said we will run a 4-3, but will incorporate some 3-4 and other fronts when needed

Yup... our defense will be multiple

Bubba's Bruisers

Right, but the base will likely be the 43.  Wilson is probably going to primarily be a 43 WDE.

ricepig

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 12, 2018, 10:26:35 am
Right, but the base will likely be the 43.  Wilson is probably going to primarily be a 43 WDE.

He said we are going to be multiple but yes I believe we'll be in the 4-3 more than not. He's VERY lite to be working with his hand in the dirt primarily. He's still just a kid and will have time to put on bulk but he's gonna need it to be a 4-3 WDE.

Hopeful Hog

Anyone know what class his high school played in? 4A, 6A, 2A?

ricepig

jackflash

maybe a little undersize but I don't want to lose his speed. Lack of speed on defense is a major problem at Arkansas

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 12, 2018, 11:36:46 am
3A, I believe.

That could explain why a kid who's being touted as explosive would have such a low sack total. The smaller the school the more they run the ball typically.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 12, 2018, 10:26:35 am
and he'd also be the one to stand up if we rolled it to a 3-4
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 12, 2018, 11:59:40 am
That could explain why a kid who's being touted as explosive would have such a low sack total. The smaller the school the more they run the ball typically.
BRUH. He had 39 TFL. THIRTY-NINE!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

KlubhouseKonnected

But Chavis does not recruit according the gospel of MMQB...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 12, 2018, 12:42:18 pm
BRUH. He had 39 TFL. THIRTY-NINE!!

Which goes with what I said. It seems like he played a bunch of running teams from little schools. It wasn't a knock on the guy.

Hogindasticks

Stats are great, but that first step, ability to get to the runner and aggression are all I need to see with this dude....this is a home run sign when we get him.

FraggleHog