Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yurachek on Finebaum

Started by WaltonCollege, December 08, 2017, 04:21:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WaltonCollege

Anyone else just catch that portion? Hunter was superb. Well spoken, passionate, said we have to set a standard to be competitive. Also his sign off was terrific, 'Paul, anytime you want to have me on to talk Arkansas Razorbacks I'm available'.

Boarcephus

Quote from: WaltonCollege on December 08, 2017, 04:21:45 pm
Anyone else just catch that portion? Hunter was superb. Well spoken, passionate, said we have to set a standard to be competitive. Also his sign off was terrific, 'Paul, anytime you want to have me on to talk Arkansas Razorbacks I'm available'.

I just turned it on.  Did he mention anything about reigning in the coaches buyouts??
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Bubba's Bruisers

Speaking of buyouts, what's CM's financial package...just in general?  I've never heard.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Sho Nuff

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Boarcephus

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 04:26:05 pm
Speaking of buyouts, what's CM's financial package...just in general?  I've never heard.

I saw it and the buyout drops drastically in about year four.  If I remember correctly, at the end of year four it's around $3.5 million. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

JONAS

Quote from: Boarcephus on December 08, 2017, 04:29:53 pm
I saw it and the buyout drops drastically in about year four.  If I remember correctly, at the end of year four it's around $3.5 million.

Hopefully,  he will win and be here a long time.

Hog N Bama

Yurachek already seems settled in. Knocked it out of the park on Finebaum

Locutus_of_Boar

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 04:26:05 pm

The buyout starts at $14M but drops pretty fast around year 4 or 5.   It's posted somewhere here on HV.

Hawgey-Davidson

Yeah saw it. Very polished. Seems like we're in good hands. And yes, I know it's early. Just an observation. Go Hogs

trippigs

ricepig

arkansashogs

it doesnot matter what you say, it matters what you do. Look at CBP, never win medias but win games. people winning medias generally have less chance to win games. not always true but most of time.

let everybody calm down and see what happens next few years.

-AH

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2017, 04:29:12 pm
Thanks.  Less $$ than I thought.
However, there are some fairly nice incentives that could, if I recall correctly, add UP to another $1.5 million. IMO it's long past time that virtually every HC have a major performance/standard(s) clauses in their comp set up. If you perform and hit certain bench marks then you obviously get a bump in pay. Otherwise most of these D1 HCs are making a boat load of money along with a sweet deal even if they stink up the place. Getting paid massively for (often) mediocrity or worse is a joke!

YoMama

Wild Boarnado

I was very impressed. He gave a great interview. I was encouraged by what he had to say.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Le Hogtre

Quote from: Wild Boarnado on December 08, 2017, 06:39:16 pm
I was very impressed. He gave a great interview. I was encouraged by what he had to say.

I agree. Our new AD did a great job.

Hoggy Hogalot

I saw it as well. Very good interview. I thought he did great.

Tortfeasor

Saw this earlier as well and thought he gave a great interview, especially after being on the job just 72 hours.

micali

Bad thing is if some Suiter comes calling his buyout is 3.5 mil his first year and drops each year after that.  Why not make it higher or at least half of his buyout if we fire him?

hoginator

The AD gets it. The HC gets it. It all starts and ends with the football program. Being a Champion isn't an event, it's a lifestyle. Now, go get it...
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: arkansashogs on December 08, 2017, 05:38:25 pm
it doesnot matter what you say, it matters what you do. Look at CBP, never win medias but win games. people winning medias generally have less chance to win games. not always true but most of time.

let everybody calm down and see what happens next few years.

-AH
Ok Debbie.

rzrbk4life

Was really impressed with the interview. Hunter did a great job
Let's call those hogs!!!!

blu

Very impressed with the new AD - seems like a down to earth guy who has a vision for excellence in UA athletics. Good early impressions.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

Boarcephus

Quote from: blu on December 09, 2017, 07:05:55 am
Very impressed with the new AD - seems like a down to earth guy who has a vision for excellence in UA athletics. Good early impressions.

I think these early impressions are going to be what you get with this guy on down the road.  First PC and he says we've got to get a handle on these outrageous buyouts on coaches contracts, how A&M handled Summons deal, how football loses are grounds for termination and  the system now is not a sustainable model, etc. 

The term we used in business was you manipulate your turnover.  When you find better you make the move and I think that's exactly what has happened at the UofA.  Been a while since I've felt this good about our athletic department. 

MasterChiefHog

Quote from: oldman1015 on December 28, 2017, 11:40:00 am
Having a bad day or always a dick?
Quote from: Hogs-n-Roses on December 06, 2019, 09:39:55 am
Sorry fo any misspells or paragraph s. I m on a scaffold.
Quote from: Hogwild on October 18, 2018, 08:23:47 amSince we are being optimistic, let's go full tilt boogie! If we win out, Ole Miss wins out, and Bama loses out. Then all we need is Miss. State to win against LSU & Texas A&M, and then have the Aggies upset LSU. 
And then we are hanging an SEC WEST Champion banner.

HognitiveDissonance

Everyone knows wins/losses are the main reason for termination and has always been, but it's refreshing to hear someone say that. And yes, the contracts have gotten out of control, the pendulum needs to swing back.

However, how to quantify the number of wins as 'grounds for termination' is a very tricky proposition. If AD fires coach for cause because he won X number of games, the coach/agent can file suit for breach of contract. In other words, if it's not written in the contract that the Coach must win X number of games, there is grounds for appeal. Otherwise, schools could use this clause at will, which isn't fair to the coach. You could have a coach who's actually winning at a good rate, but the school/fans just get tired of him for whatever reason, so they fire him 'for cause'---didn't win enough'.

It sounds good on paper, but hard to do in reality.