Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morris Recruiting Dallas Today

Started by moses_007, December 08, 2017, 02:13:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Wildhog on December 08, 2017, 02:15:31 pm
Well, we're gonna find out if a coach with strong Texas ties can actually move us up the pecking order for Texas recruits.

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 02:19:44 pm
That's why we hired him.

Quote from: Wildhog on December 08, 2017, 02:20:27 pm
I know.

In before...

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

mccurdy

Wife seen that tweet and said the tempo coptor should be renamed Hog Hunter. lol

Mjs84

Quote from: blueridger on December 08, 2017, 02:53:50 pm
Coach Fry had a few quality linemen committed....the type for Chad's offense.  Who knows...might get a flip or two.

Mjs84

Remember when Brett got A.C. and Kirkland to flip at the last moment?  Sometimes you can have wierd momentum when least expected.  Those guys turned out to be good recruits.  Not saying expectations should be high, but CCM might be able to suprised us.  I'm all in either way!

Could be wrong here but I believe we will have a half dozen current players asked to find other locations to ply their trade and maybe before the February signing period.  I believe we will sign 20 plus new recruits.  In addition, we'll likely have 3 or 4 leave on their own.  We can learn something about what Morris thinks by the exact players he is seeking first.  I expect he will try and shore up the areas he believes is most lacking first.

Maybe Morris has a solid group of Texas High school coaches who will speak well of him and encourage their better player to at least give him a chance before saying no. 

311Hog

i definitely think there might be some players that aren't up for going fast.  Will be an interesting next couple of weeks/months.

Hogwild

I am watching VERONE MCKINLEY,  he is currently committed to Oregon (prior to the coaching change) was recruited by SMU, has offers from A&M and LSU. He is from Carrollton (North Dallas) Texas

lakecityhog

While I agree that we need to better recruit Texas we simply have to have a presence in Louisiana! That place is loaded with great athletes

hview

Maybe his existing relationships with the Texas coaches will help over the next couple of months. It's not like he's starting from scratch.

Nashville Fan

Hope he goes and talks to Emmitt Smith and his boy thinking a few years down the road.
Pittman or Bust!

BoarnSupremacy

Quote from: mccurdy on December 08, 2017, 04:08:38 pm
Wife seen that tweet and said the tempo coptor should be renamed Hog Hunter. lol

That's actually one of the better names I have heard

flynhog

TX high school coaches knew this was coming when CCM took the job on the hill. He's recruiting the same kids now as he was last month. 
Wins are the only things that matter when the game ends.  The mistakes that happen in the game are corrected by good coaching during the week. A season of near losses means you won every game.