Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morris says big changes coming offensively for the Hogs **MIKE IRWIN REPORT**

Started by Scott Marshall, December 08, 2017, 11:21:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

New Razorback head football coach Chad Morris says big changes are coming offensively for the Hog football team.

"Yeah we're gonna put in in the left lane and pop the clutch and put the hammer down," Morris said during his introductory press conference on Thursday.

Okay, that's hype but Morris specifically talked about how Arkansas pro-style run-based offense with a fullback will change under him.

"We'll go five wides back to two-back," Morris says.  "We'll go from one-back to two-back. A lot of changing the structures in trying to find the right personnel that creates mismatches."

All of this, Morris says, is based around a specific concept.

"We'll go fast, we'll play fast and we'll have fun doing it."

But what about defense and that rumor that he is about to hire Clemson defensive coordinator Bret Venables?

WATCH FULL STORY HERE: http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/big-changes-coming-for-arkansas-razorbacks-on-the-gridiron/877236855

Hog Fan...DOH!

Arkansas has  couple of good FBs on the roster... I wonder how they get utilized?  Maybe a little spread, flexbone is in order.

JONAS

JONAS

Ray_Finkle

smb

Its a shame we'll have to wait 10 months to find out. We can only hope that for once in Arkansas they can get great athlete's and a coaching staff to match.
GeorgiaHOG

ronmahony

I know getting Venerables is a pipe dream, but if it were to happen I would say we put up statues of the A.D., Morris, and Venerables by the start of the season!
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Next1_04

Quote from: smb on December 08, 2017, 11:37:26 am
Its a shame we'll have to wait 10 months to find out. We can only hope that for once in Arkansas they can get great athlete's and a coaching staff to match.

Im glad we have 10 months for CCM to get work in before next season.

kodiakisland

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

ChicoHog

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 11:30:20 am
No more 4 yards and a cloud of dust.
We actually became a passing team the last couple of years because we couldn't get 4 yards. 

razorsharptusk

Offensively it sounds like it will be different. I'm ok with that. I'm ready for a change.  I think the spread / pro style set's are now college football.  I'm really concerned about the defensive side of the ball.  Defense wins Championships.  Can Morris field a defense that can play in the SEC west? 
GO HOGS!!

Hoggiedawg

Quote from: razorsharptusk on December 08, 2017, 12:48:08 pm
Offensively it sounds like it will be different. I'm ok with that. I'm ready for a change.  I think the spread / pro style set's are now college football.  I'm really concerned about the defensive side of the ball.  Defense wins Championships.  Can Morris field a defense that can play in the SEC west? 

Can our D really be that much worse than it has been the last couple of years?

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: ChicoHog on December 08, 2017, 12:19:21 pm
We actually became a passing team the last couple of years because we couldn't get 4 yards. 

And IIRC we went without a fullback a lot of that time.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DuckTalesLOL

We hopefully will score more points next year, which will take some pressure off the defense.

hogsanity

Hogs had a 3K+ yard passer and a 1300+ yard back in both 2015 and 2016.  Offense is not the problem, and never has been. They have to find a way to have a defense that can make 30-35 points by the offense stand up. Scoring 35 and losing should NEVER happen.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

jneal56

Four yards and a cloud of dust would win a NC! We were running 1 yarders!!
"At least we are moral"

jneal56

"At least we are moral"

Switchback

PorkSoda

misnomer
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Quote from: hogsanity on December 08, 2017, 01:05:09 pm
Hogs had a 3K+ yard passer and a 1300+ yard back in both 2015 and 2016.  Offense is not the problem, and never has been. They have to find a way to have a defense that can make 30-35 points by the offense stand up. Scoring 35 and losing should NEVER happen.
offense was a problem starting the end of last season to this one.  defense has been a problem for a long time.
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Knot2brite

Quote from: Switchback on December 08, 2017, 01:16:34 pm
I wish he would talk more about defense. 
According to some on this board, defense isn't as important has having a spread up tempo offense because only a couple teams actually play defense and it is highly over rated
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hogsanity

Defense? We dont need no stinking defense? Have you not been reading hogville for the last several years? We just need to switch to the spread, go uptempo, and sign nothing but Texas kids and kids from rural Arkansas that just want it more.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkSoda

unless you want him to talk about his #121 ranked defense, then you prolly wont here much about it till we get a DC

Dirty

Quote from: PorkSoda on December 08, 2017, 01:21:51 pm
unless you want him to talk about his #121 ranked defense, then you prolly wont here much about it till we get a DC

Our defense sucked and we supposedly have SEC talent.  We know his office is good!  Keep trying!

hogsanity

Quote from: Dirty on December 08, 2017, 01:23:11 pm
Our defense sucked and we supposedly have SEC talent.  We know his office is good!  Keep trying!

Oh, who said we had sec talent all over the D? One or 2 players, sure, but not all over and no depth of talent either.

hoginla

Yes.  Yet every single broadcast team referred to our ground and pound style right up to the last game.  Drove me insane.
September 8, 2023 19 years w/Hogville!

Mjs84

Quote from: smb on December 08, 2017, 11:37:26 am
The program needs those 10 months!   Believe me!

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Scott Marshall on December 08, 2017, 11:21:38 am
New Razorback head football coach Chad Morris says big changes are coming offensively for the Hog football team.

"Yeah we're gonna put in in the left lane and pop the clutch and put the hammer down," Morris said during his introductory press conference on Thursday.

Okay, that's hype but Morris specifically talked about how Arkansas pro-style run-based offense with a fullback will change under him.

"We'll go five wides back to two-back," Morris says.  "We'll go from one-back to two-back. A lot of changing the structures in trying to find the right personnel that creates mismatches."

All of this, Morris says, is based around a specific concept.

"We'll go fast, we'll play fast and we'll have fun doing it."

But what about defense and that rumor that he is about to hire Clemson defensive coordinator Bret Venables?

WATCH FULL STORY HERE: http://www.nwahomepage.com/razorback-nation/big-changes-coming-for-arkansas-razorbacks-on-the-gridiron/877236855

+1
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

PorkSoda

Quote from: hoginla on December 08, 2017, 01:27:30 pm
Yes.  Yet every single broadcast team referred to our ground and pound style right up to the last game.  Drove me insane.
except if you look at the stats we were a running team.  but whatever.  make up your own facts as you go.  that seems to be the theme on this site.

of course that is because we essentially became houston nutts offense. 

run 2 twice
throw a desperation 3rd n long
punt.