Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nafoom weighs in on HV and CM

Started by hoggusamoungus, December 08, 2017, 10:25:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggusamoungus

ThisTeetsTaken

Their website makes my head hurt.  What a mess.  Thanks to Lanny for Hogville.net
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Ā 

Inhogswetrust

At least Naturalstatereb was onboard for the hire.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hoggish1

And what do I care about Nafoom?  Collection of dumb asces

OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢

They actually seemed really honest about where they are as a program, and the answers seemed well thought out and honest. I guess their idiots all jumped ship until the suck is over...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

JONAS

JONAS

Quote from: Hoggish1 on December 08, 2017, 12:50:56 pm
And what do I care about Nafoom?  Collection of dumb asces

Yep. I have to hear from them all the time.  I live in Mississippi.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 12:27:02 pm
At least Naturalstatereb was onboard for the hire.

I do what I can. 

It's a really odd forum.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

SooieGeneris

I guess they are busy polishing all their imaginary National Championship trophies from the Johnny Vaught era..

I've always gotten a few laughs from Ole Mrs fans. Every game I have attended vs them, they furnish new gems on how superior their program is to any in the SEC not named 'Bama, especially ours.

The 2008 game, Hooty's return, was classic. All the stuff about "stealing our coach" and how stupid we were to let him get away, and he was the "best coach there since Johnny Vaught" in the 60's..

I laughed in their faces and told them to check back with me in 2-4 years when Cajun Ed's players were gone.

They said Ed O. was a "terrible recruiter" and Hooten was going to take their program to places they hadn't been since the mythical NCs under Vaught.. hilarious stuff.

Then, any Hog fan who reminded them of all this baloney starting in 2010, was "like an obsessive, crazed ex-girlfriend" stalking Hooty, who they claimed not to care one way or the other about after idolizing him the first two years..

You've gotta hand it to any fan base that claims to be far superior to us while being oblivious or too ignorant to know that we have a winning record against them in a series that goes back to decades before we were in the SEC..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 01:02:47 pm
I do what I can. 

It's a really odd forum.

Yes it is. I used to like going over there after nutty started to screw things up done there. It felt like vindication!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

JONAS

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 01:02:47 pm
I do what I can. 

It's a really odd forum.

I'm the opposite of you.  I'm a Magnolia State Hog. 🤣

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 02:16:30 pm
I'm the opposite of you.  I'm a Magnolia State Hog. 🤣

You're a pilgrim in an unholy land.  lol

Came back to Arkansas for graduate school.  There are some nice folks in Mississippi, but it's amazing how much difference crossing that river makes.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 08, 2017, 01:58:04 pm
Yes it is. I used to like going over there after nutty started to screw things up done there. It felt like vindication!

Nutt's like herpes--the gift that keeps on giving.

Ā 

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

JONAS

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 02:23:21 pm

Came back to Arkansas for graduate school.  There are some nice folks in Mississippi, but it's amazing how much difference crossing that river makes.

I have never lived in Arkansas.  My step dad was from there.  He used to take me to games at WMS.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 02:26:57 pm
I have never lived in Arkansas.  My step dad was from there.  He used to take me to games at WMS.

My observation of both places is that, (a) Arkansas is a lot more progressive all the way around, and (b) people in Mississippi are lot more obsessed about who your family is.  IMO, Arkansas has much more in common with the Upper South states, where Mississippi definitely has more in common with the Deep South/Coastal states.

JONAS

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 02:30:09 pm
My observation of both places is that, (a) Arkansas is a lot more progressive all the way around, and (b) people in Mississippi are lot more obsessed about who your family is.  IMO, Arkansas has much more in common with the Upper South states, where Mississippi definitely has more in common with the Deep South/Coastal states.

You are right. People here care about who your family is for sure. 

Calling All Hogs

The only thing Nafoom proves to me is that the Mississippi Department of Corrections clearly lets their inmates have internet access including the Psycho Ward.

DeltaBoy

Ole Miss will be crying soon enough!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogwild

Quote from: DeltaBoy on December 08, 2017, 03:15:53 pm
Ole Miss will be crying soon enough!

they already are, there are no delusions about where they are -

QuoteArk hiring him today is the best thing that has happened for OM since the EB win Thanksgiving night.

Inhogswetrust

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 02:52:08 pm
You are right. People here care about who your family is for sure. 

They only care if your family is the "right" family.

HogBreath

I've never lived in Mississippi, but have worked there quite a bit, I came away impressed with both the state and the people there, and felt like they'd both got a bad rap.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

JONAS

Ā 

mboot

Quote from: HogBreath on December 08, 2017, 06:40:35 pm
I've never lived in Mississippi, but have worked there quite a bit, I came away impressed with both the state and the people there, and felt like they'd both got a bad rap.

I had lived there for 2 yrs until this September when I moved back to Arkansas. It is far and away better than when I lived in Alabama and Georgia.

Razorback_Mack

GoldCoastHog

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 06:44:31 pm
Yep.

C'mon! That screams Arkansas too! Not sure where you're from originally or what area of the state, but that's a fabric on any state, especially in the South.

Birminghog

Quote from: mboot on December 08, 2017, 08:46:54 pm
I had lived there for 2 yrs until this September when I moved back to Arkansas. It is far and away better than when I lived in Alabama and Georgia.

Not sure how long you lived in Alabama or where, but Birmingham is great. I could def agree with you if I were in some other locales in Alabama. Been here most of my adult life now, and the people have been very good to me. I find them much like people in Arkansas, which I mean as a compliment to both states. Much more inclusive than the eight years I spent in Texas before moving to Alabama. Texas people were nice, just not inclusive.

Birminghog

Quote from: JONAS on December 08, 2017, 12:59:40 pm
Yep. I have to hear from them all the time.  I live in Mississippi.

Pie Jesu Domine, dona nobis pacem.

https://youtu.be/YgYEuJ5u1K0

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 08, 2017, 10:33:50 am
Their website makes my head hurt.  What a mess.  Thanks to Lanny for Hogville.net!
Yeah, in reality I believe the site would be more appropriate named "Buffoon".

ballz2thewall

it depends on which arkansas. the delta and nearby parts are similar to tenn/miss/la areas of the same geography.

the ouachitas/ozarks and curtilage of those areas are wholly different than the foregoing.
The rest of the frog.

ronmahony

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 08, 2017, 01:14:34 pm
I guess they are busy polishing all their imaginary National Championship trophies from the Johnny Vaught era..

I've always gotten a few laughs from Ole Mrs fans. Every game I have attended vs them, they furnish new gems on how superior their program is to any in the SEC not named 'Bama, especially ours.

The 2008 game, Hooty's return, was classic. All the stuff about "stealing our coach" and how stupid we were to let him get away, and he was the "best coach there since Johnny Vaught" in the 60's..

I laughed in their faces and told them to check back with me in 2-4 years when Cajun Ed's players were gone.

They said Ed O. was a "terrible recruiter" and Hooten was going to take their program to places they hadn't been since the mythical NCs under Vaught.. hilarious stuff.

Then, any Hog fan who reminded them of all this baloney starting in 2010, was "like an obsessive, crazed ex-girlfriend" stalking Hooty, who they claimed not to care one way or the other about after idolizing him the first two years..

You've gotta hand it to any fan base that claims to be far superior to us while being oblivious or too ignorant to know that we have a winning record against them in a series that goes back to decades before we were in the SEC..

Yeah I remember all that. I remember someone on here giving them hell about him and one of them said, at least we were smart enough to fire them after four years, how long did it take y'all? All I could say to that was touchƩ.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

JONAS

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on December 08, 2017, 08:58:30 pm
C'mon! That screams Arkansas too! Not sure where you're from originally or what area of the state, but that's a fabric on any state, especially in the South.

I don't know.  I have only lived in Mississippi.

hawgon

Wisconsin says "How you like them apples?"

GroƟer Kriegschwein

Nafoom morons will do anything to not think about how much of a blaze is going on in that dumpster called Oxford.
This is my non-signature signature.

mboot

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 09:05:34 pm
Not sure how long you lived in Alabama or where, but Birmingham is great. I could def agree with you if I were in some other locales in Alabama. Been here most of my adult life now, and the people have been very good to me. I find them much like people in Arkansas, which I mean as a compliment to both states. Much more inclusive than the eight years I spent in Texas before moving to Alabama. Texas people were nice, just not inclusive.
I lived just outside of Cullman. I met some very good people but enjoyed the time I spent in Brandon, MS much better.

sowmonella

I like the quote "Splash hires are for t-shirt fans".  That really nails it.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

HogPharmer

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on December 08, 2017, 10:33:50 am
Their website makes my head hurt.  What a mess.  Thanks to Lanny for Hogville.net!

I will say I've never seen another site anywhere close to as nice as HV is set up. Every other forum board looks like it was designed in 1997 shortly after Al Gore invented the Internet.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HogPharmer

One poster got it right... At least we aren't stuck with Matt Luke.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

BearsBisonsBoars

Cold chicken in tents is supposed to be quality tailgating.

That's all I really need to know about Bearshark mentality.

Yamahog

Quote from: HogPharmer on December 08, 2017, 11:11:53 pm
I will say I've never seen another site anywhere close to as nice as HV is set up. Every other forum board looks like it was designed in 1997 shortly after Al Gore invented the Internet.

AL GORE invented the Internet???        Wow,  who knew?

goodguytex

Quote from: Birminghog on December 08, 2017, 09:05:34 pm
Texas people are very cliquish, very much about you gotta be in with people they know, or their family know, to get anywhere really. Been my experience anyway. Alabama folks for the most part always seemed real nice and down to earth to me. Most kind of reminded me of Arkansas folks in many ways. I think as a whole though Arkansas folks are more shall we say civilized.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on December 08, 2017, 02:23:21 pm

Lived in MS for almost 5 years.  It is a unique place.  What was always interesting to me was how much ill will there is between people in northern MS and people in southern MS.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GoldCoastHog on December 08, 2017, 08:58:30 pm

It's like that almost everywhere. Except in some places it is more pronounced. In Mississippi it screams.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 09, 2017, 05:47:48 am
Lived in MS for almost 5 years.  It is a unique place.  What was always interesting to me was how much ill will there is between people in northern MS and people in southern MS.

Sounds a little familiar huh........................... Even when I lived in other places there were usually differences between peoples thoughts regionally or geographically. In Virginia for example it is more three ways. East coast, Northern DC urban and then the Blue Ridge/Appalachia/Shenandoah valley.

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

LZH

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on December 08, 2017, 08:58:15 pm
What is a Nafoom?

For whatever reason, I've always thought it was "moo fan" (referring to MSU) spelled backwards....as in the 'opposite of'.

PonderinHog

I thought it was a bad abbreviation of Nation of Ole Miss.

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on December 09, 2017, 07:05:39 am
Sounds a little familiar huh........................... Even when I lived in other places there were usually differences between peoples thoughts regionally or geographically. In Virginia for example it is more three ways. East coast, Northern DC urban and then the Blue Ridge/Appalachia/Shenandoah valley.

Not really the same as our NWA VS the rest of AR stuff we spew on here.  I'm talking about the sort of attitude that leads people to look down on other people, to not seek employment in other locations of the state, and lots more.  My son has been in NWA for almost 20 years, and I live in Pulaski County.  We land zingers on one another along, but it's not serious like I'm talking about in MS.