Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Walk on scholarships

Started by Snout team, December 07, 2017, 09:37:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

I love the idea of these guys earning scholarships.  But two questions:

With the crunch on. numbers did we really have room to do this?

Will this further hurt our chances of turning this year into a salvageable recruiting class?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

Großer Kriegschwein

No.

Honor the commitments they made to the program last summer.
This is my non-signature signature.

Snout team

So were these given to walknons or Blueshirts?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

razorbacksnum1

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 07, 2017, 09:37:06 pm

Will this further hurt our chances of turning this year into a salvageable recruiting class?

These are blue shirts not walk ons. And they both deserved the scholarships beating out other players for playing time as true freshman

Temprees

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on December 07, 2017, 11:12:17 pm
These are blue shirts not walk ons. And they both deserved the scholarships beating out other players for playing time as true freshman
They didn't beat others players out.  These were two that Bielema gave favor to over others. 

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: Temprees on December 08, 2017, 02:02:08 am
They didn't beat others players out.  These were two that Bielema gave favor to over others.

that's a blue shirt. they were needed and promised scholarships after the season.
This is my non-signature signature.

Tim Harris

Nobody likes to see this side of football but sometimes kids just don't work out.  If you look at most programs in the SEC they "process" kids out every year to make room for the next batch of kids that are supposed to be the next big thing. 

Hugo Bezdek

Which walk-ons are expecting scholarships? I assume Clary and Henry because I think they were blueshirts. Limpert deserves a scholly. Was Gary Cross promised one? Anyone else? The two freshmen would count against our limit of 25 this year.

The NewEra

CCM was supposed to be taking a close look at the roster and available scholarships last night for this years availability.  He's going to have to make some tough choices in order to free up the necessary spots to recruit as many players as he can to fit his system.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if every player they can't project to the future isn't given special scrutiny with options to transfer.

DeltaBoy

Sad but a fact some times it just doesn't work out.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: #hammerdown on December 07, 2017, 09:37:06 pm

You can't build a winner out of walk ons.  You might get a couple that are scholly worthy, but mostly there's a reason they didn't get an offer to begin with.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: The NewEra on December 08, 2017, 08:16:51 am
CCM was supposed to be taking a close look at the roster and available scholarships last night for this years availability.  He's going to have to make some tough choices in order to free up the necessary spots to recruit as many players as he can to fit his system.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if every player they can't project to the future isn't given special scrutiny with options to transfer.

They could even let commits know they should look elsewhere.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.