Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Football assistants

Started by Lanlord, December 07, 2017, 06:34:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanlord

Has anyone here kept up with who he is bringing to fill what position as far as assistants go? 

SooieGeneris

Joe Craddock OC
Dustin Fry OL
Justin Stepp WR

That's all so far. I had assumed that Morris called his own plays but have heard that his OC at SMU, Craddock called them.

I would think we would be hearing more names soon, three guys on the recruiting trail would be a bit overworked unless some non coaches were allowed until the staff is filled out.

A lot of ground to cover in less than two weeks before the early signing day.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Pig in the Pokey

please please please hire Bud Foster or Brent Venables as DC!

Or at least The Chief or Geoff Collins.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Big_Red_1

Coach Grinch of Washington State is an interesting possibility for DC.  He coached at Missouri and is related to former coach Pinkel.  He runs an aggressive defense.  WSU plays Texas A&M in a bowl game. WSU was beaten by UW 40 to 14in their last game.  What's the word?
I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!

pghawg1

I wonder maybe it would be somebody with recruiting ties from our region?

mj4president

Quote from: Lanlord on December 07, 2017, 06:34:09 pm
Has anyone here kept up with who he is bringing to fill what position as far as assistants go? 

Coach Eric Taylor from TMU will coach QB's.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Uncommon

Have also hired Randy Ross who was the director of football operations at SMU to the same position here.  And we hired a recruiting coordinator but the name escapes me.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Big_Red_1 on December 07, 2017, 06:54:00 pm
Coach Grinch of Washington State is an interesting possibility for DC.  He coached at Missouri and is related to former coach Pinkel.  He runs an aggressive defense.  WSU plays Texas A&M in a bowl game. WSU was beaten by UW 40 to 14in their last game.  What's the word?
coach Grinch has the best name in football for a DC.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Lanlord

Morris is bringing Mark Smith, his recruiting coordinator at SMU, with him to fill the same role at Arkansas.

ricepig

Quote from: Lanlord on December 07, 2017, 07:42:41 pm
Morris is bringing Mark Smith, his recruiting coordinator at SMU, with him to fill the same role at Arkansas.

He's been quick to "like" some of the twitter memes on "Left lane, hammer down" today.

Highway Hog Sign

How about Chad Glasgow from TCU for DC.. 12th in nation in defensive scoring, was a Broyles Award semi-finalist.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Highway Hog Sign

I'd look at Pete Golding for DB coach. He's DC/CB coach at UT San Antonio. UTSA was 2nd in nation in P Yds / G, 8th in Defensive scoring.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

Rooster Hogburn

would love to see Lunney retained.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Highway Hog Sign

Anybody know the status of Smith, Lunney, and Hargreaves? I heard CM was cleaning house up there.

Hawginj

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 07, 2017, 07:58:51 pm
I'd look at Pete Golding for DB coach. He's DC/CB coach at UT San Antonio. UTSA was 2nd in nation in P Yds / G, 8th in Defensive scoring.
i like him cause hes a fightin okra

HogAlum99

Quote from: Big_Red_1 on December 07, 2017, 06:54:00 pm

Only if he was hired after Christmas!

Lanlord

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 07, 2017, 08:00:17 pm
Anybody know the status of Smith, Lunney, and Hargreaves? I heard CM was cleaning house up there.

Smith tweeted:

It's been a great 5 years here at the U of A! I'd like to thank all those who have loved and supported me and my family! I want to wish the Hogs great success in the future. And to my guys (Wideouts), remember to Represent Each Other, Represent The Team, and Represent You! WPS!!!

ricepig

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 07, 2017, 08:00:17 pm

Smith is gone, Lunney helped with the offer to Farrell, so I would assume he's staying in some capacity. I doubt Hargreaves sticks, most of the defensive hires should be what the DC wants.

SpineHog

Quote from: Lanlord on December 07, 2017, 08:20:08 pm
Smith tweeted:

It's been a great 5 years here at the U of A! I'd like to thank all those who have loved and supported me and my family! I want to wish the Hogs great success in the future. And to my guys (Wideouts), remember to Represent Each Other, Represent The Team, and Represent You! WPS!!!

Man, we're going to miss Smith's presence in Louisiana. I hope this isn't a sign of CCM overestimating his recruiting prowess, if he doesn't think he needs to retain our best recruiter.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on December 07, 2017, 06:43:24 pm
please please please hire Bud Foster or Brent Venables as DC!

Or at least The Chief or Geoff Collins.

Can we please get away from Bud Foster? He is not leaving Blacksburg. Nobody goes after him because the college world knows that he's a Hokie through and through.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

hogfansince79

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on December 07, 2017, 07:52:02 pm
How about Chad Glasgow from TCU for DC.. 12th in nation in defensive scoring, was a Broyles Award semi-finalist.

Yeah, I think he would be good.  SMU has played them the last two years, so CCM is familiar with him.

Here are a few more stats...

4th    -  r yds/g       -  99.8
12th  -  pts/g         -  17.6
19th  -  yds/g         -  329
9th    -  sacks         -  41 (3.15 avg)
32nd  -  tacklefl/g     -  6.8
2nd   -  redzonedef  -  .645
63rd  -  turnovers    -  18
7th    -  def td        -   4
8th    -  3rd dn def  -  .297
45th  -  4th dn def  -  .458
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

hog_fan

John Chavis doesn't like to recruit. No thanks.

Sugar Free Hog

Coach fry, coach Craddock and coach stepp  have changed their Twitter profile's.
Razorbacks-Grizzlies-Titans-Red Sox

King Kong

Lanlord

Uncommon

Now that Enos, Smith, and Hargreaves are all gone, Lunney the only one with a shot to stay IMO.

redeye

Quote from: Uncommon on December 07, 2017, 07:37:56 pm
Have also hired Randy Ross who was the director of football operations at SMU to the same position here.  And we hired a recruiting coordinator but the name escapes me.

Randy Ross is interesting.  He was hired by Stallings at Alabama, during their '92 national championship season, I believe, and served as their Director of Football Operations.  He's an older guy who probably has a lot of connections and knowledge on Alabama.

ballinhog

I hope we get Alex Grinch as the DC

BoynamedWooPigSooie

Quote from: Lanlord on December 07, 2017, 09:17:16 pm
https://twitter.com/vh3omega/status/938965321842601984

Three great years on the Hill!! #woopig!! Thanks Hogs!

Guess it all depends on perspective.  Not great for fans, but great for Hargreaves bank account.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Sugar Free Hog on December 07, 2017, 09:08:17 pm
Coach fry, coach Craddock and coach stepp  have changed their Twitter profile's.

Since many of the previous staff are starting to tweet out they won't be retained we should get official announcements on these guys soon.  Also I believe we have some official visits scheduled for this weekend so he is going to need some assistants here to visit with the recruits.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

What do you guys think of Chizik at DC?
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Big_Red_1

I'm fond of pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.   Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

OFTEN WRONG BUT NEVER IN DOUBT!!!

Highway Hog Sign

Quote from: Boss Hog in the Arkansas on December 08, 2017, 08:02:02 am
What do you guys think of Chizik at DC?
That would be a great hire no doubt

racinghog

Quote from: SooieGeneris on December 07, 2017, 06:42:11 pm
Joe Craddock OC
Dustin Fry OL
Justin Stepp WR

That's all so far. I had assumed that Morris called his own plays but have heard that his OC at SMU, Craddock called them.

I would think we would be hearing more names soon, three guys on the recruiting trail would be a bit overworked unless some non coaches were allowed until the staff is filled out.

A lot of ground to cover in less than two weeks before the early signing day.
What is the combined years experience for these 3?

hogcrazy2206

What about Traylor?  Man has alot of energy and is a great recruiter....

King Kong

Quote from: hogcrazy2206 on December 08, 2017, 09:09:34 am
What about Traylor?  Man has alot of energy and is a great recruiter....

Well, he is an option for the SMU job. So that is probably delaying his announcement

ricepig

Recruiting staff and strength staff have been let go, there might be a holdover on the recruiting staff, but not at the top.

Cotton

Quote from: Lanlord on December 07, 2017, 06:34:09 pm
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=651906.0

Keeping it updated as they roll in, and attaching links to bios for everybody.
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

oldhawg

Joe Craddock - 32
Dustin Fry - 34
Justin Stepp - 32

Innovative, hard-working, personable young Turks.  Hope we see a few more of them on the staff.   

Lanlord

jackflash

I would like to see Arkansas at least talk to DL Price CB cooks S Glasgow and LB coach of Tenessee