Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What if?

Started by AHorseWithNoName, December 07, 2017, 09:22:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AHorseWithNoName

Let's pretend for a minute it's 2019.  What if, instead of chad Morris having been at SMU for only 3 years, he'd been at SMU for 5 years.  Let's pretend his record changed over two more years the way it has over the past 3 years. It's obvious his record is trending upward, and he'd also have 2 more years of "his" guys coming into his program.  So.....  2015 record  2-10.  2016 record 5-7.  2017 record 7-5.  Let's be conservative and say: 2018 record 8-4 and 2019 record 9-3 or 10-2.   

Now, it's December of 2019 and we are looking for a HC.  And we go after Morris, who would be a hot commodity at that point.  Could we even get him?  Could we pay him enough to also have enough to pay his assistants?    And the biggest question would be......Would all the haters and naysayers that I'm seeing on here now, would they be foaming at the mouth to get Morris? 

Here's the point.  We got this guy at the right time!  He's a proven winner everywhere he's been.  With the money and resources he'll have at Arkansas, the sky literally is the limit.  I'm sick and tired of hearing the "we will never be able to recruit at Arkansas" argument!  That's Horse Crap!   Kids will come and play for a guy who wins and has fun doing it!  Period!   

Chad Morris will turn this thing around.  Mark it down! 
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

Ray_Finkle

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 07, 2017, 09:22:18 am
Let's pretend for a minute it's 2019.  What if, instead of chad Morris having been at SMU for only 3 years, he'd been at SMU for 5 years.  Let's pretend his record changed over two more years the way it has over the past 3 years. It's obvious his record is trending upward, and he'd also have 2 more years of "his" guys coming into his program.  So.....  2015 record  2-10.  2016 record 5-7.  2017 record 7-5.  Let's be conservative and say: 2018 record 8-4 and 2019 record 9-3 or 10-2.   

Now, it's December of 2019 and we are looking for a HC.  And we go after Morris, who would be a hot commodity at that point.  Could we even get him?  Could we pay him enough to also have enough to pay his assistants?    And the biggest question would be......Would all the haters and naysayers that I'm seeing on here now, would they be foaming at the mouth to get Morris? 

Here's the point.  We got this guy at the right time!  He's a proven winner everywhere he's been.  With the money and resources he'll have at Arkansas, the sky literally is the limit.  I'm sick and tired of hearing the "we will never be able to recruit at Arkansas" argument!  That's Horse Crap!   Kids will come and play for a guy who wins and has fun doing it!  Period!   

Glad to have you on board Coach Morris!

SoonerBaHog

Let's hope you are right.

Hogtrillian

I completely agree, and I think not only is this a good hire, but it's probably the best hire out of all the candidates we were considering.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Ray_Finkle on December 07, 2017, 09:24:40 am
Glad to have you on board Coach Morris!

If you are seriously welcoming Coach Morris, then i agree!   If you're not, then you sound like Rachel Maddow, and you're not welcome in these parts Missy!   ;D
"A man on a horse is spiritually, as well as physically, bigger than a man on foot." — John Steinbeck

HoggyCat

"We got this guy at the right time!"

We'll know in two years.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

AHorseWithNoName

Two things I can see already:
1) Morris won't be standing on the sidelines with that "I have no clue what's going on" look on his face.
2) No one will be able to predict what Morris will do.  On or off the field. 

I like it!

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 10:54:46 am

Oh wait, I know who you are "The Responder".  You rarely have a thought of your own.  Yet you troll the threads and comments, thinking you're cute and funny, on other posters comments.   You're "That Guy".   SMH     

Billy Bats

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 10:56:36 am
That makes no sense.  But ok.

Eye rolling your maddow comment, rube.  What doesn't make sense?

jgphillips3

I too have wondered if we snagged him just before his star rose too high for us to get.  It's always a crapshoot.  Based upon the entirety of his past record, I'll go with the "SMU is the exception" for now and see how it goes.

Hoggish1

I got to your point and agree.  whew!

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: jgphillips3 on December 08, 2017, 10:57:55 am
I too have wondered if we snagged him just before his star rose too high for us to get.  It's always a crapshoot.  Based upon the entirety of his past record, I'll go with the "SMU is the exception" for now and see how it goes.

It's always a crap shoot.  I agree.  I just think we might have gotten Morris a few years before his stock gets crazy high. 

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 10:57:52 am

Not sure what "rube" is, but ok.  And you re-posting a part of my comment is....well.....a little trollish.   So basically YOU don't make sense.  Go troll another thread mouth-breather.

Billy Bats

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 11:05:58 am
Not sure what "rube" is, but ok.  And you re-posting a part of my comment is....well.....a little trollish.   So basically YOU don't make sense.  Go troll another thread mouth-breather.

Keep your backhanded political comments out of my sports, loser.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 11:07:20 am
Keep your backhanded political comments out of my sports, loser.
'

Trust me little guy, I never make comments backhanded.  They are full on in your face.  :)  Go take your meds and troll another thread Grasshoppa!  lol  (maybe Snowflake is a better name for you?)

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 10:57:52 am

I'll be playin' with Yo mama tonight!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Billy Bats

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 11:10:13 am
'

Trust me little guy, I never make comments backhanded.  They are full on in your face.  :)  Go take your meds and troll another thread Grasshoppa!  lol  (maybe Snowflake is a better name for you?)

I do what I want, Vladimir.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 11:11:49 am
I do what I want, Vladimir.

Well I find that hard to believe Snowflake, since all you do is comment on other people's posts instead of having an original thought.  You're the exact definition of a Troll.   Seriously, move along little guy.

Billy Bats

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 11:14:03 am
Well I find that hard to believe Snowflake, since all you do is comment on other people's posts instead of having an original thought.  You're the exact definition of a Troll.   Seriously, move along little guy.

Your English is amazing, Vlad!  Proud of you.

seasonhog

We got Bielema.....at the top of his game.......Morris is a crap shoot!

Hope it works out.

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Billy Bats on December 08, 2017, 11:18:27 am
Your English is amazing, Vlad!  Proud of you.

So you come on this thread.  Pull out a small detail in order to "roll your eyes" at it like some little junior high girl.  Really?  lol   Let me guess:  Unemployed (probably because you claim you're disabled).  Lives with mom.  Loves Hot Pockets and Gogurt.  Occupies the basement.  Spends time with cats, trolling hogville, and playing WOW.   

Am I close?  :)

Dude, seriously, get a freakin life! 

trphog

I created a post asking a similar question a few days ago:
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=651078.msg11237098#msg11237098

I think it's a fascinating question as well

PorkRinds

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 10:56:36 am
Oh wait, I know who you are "The Responder".  You rarely have a thought of your own.  Yet you troll the threads and comments, thinking you're cute and funny, on other posters comments.   You're "That Guy".   SMH   
I'm totally that guy.

PetrinoFan

Quote from: seasonhog on December 08, 2017, 11:23:54 am

We got Bielema.....at the top of his game.......Morris is a crap shoot!

Hope it works out.

If you can't get behind this coach and program after watching his press conference or introductory to the players, then you are not a true razorback at heart anyway.  Obviously Coach Morris is a great fit here, excellent recruiter all around. He has a belt around Texas, and will recruit very well here in the type of innovative offense he will run.  Sit back and watch the commitments come.

TNarch

Quote from: AHorseWithNoName on December 08, 2017, 10:50:41 am
Two things I can see already:
1) Morris won't be standing on the sidelines with that "I have no clue what's going on" look on his face.
2) No one will be able to predict what Morris will do.  On or off the field. 

I like it!
Absolutely!  I'm so excited about this hire.  And timing is everything.  I think your first post is spot on.

Mo_Better_Hogs

Under your "if it were 2019 scenario", yes, practically everyone here would be on board with the idea of him coming to Arkansas. No "Fire Morris" posts moments after he was hired. But, like this year, it might depend on who the young, hot prospect/flavor-of-the-day was.

The bigger issue would be how serious a candidate WE would be for HIM. If Morris won 8 and 10 in the next 2 years, he would be up for every single big job opening. How attractive would the Arkansas job be? A&M may not like Jimbo in 2 years and may want a do-over. This year, we were fortunate that Morris was still on the market after the Aggies search.

AHorseWithNoName

AHorseWithNoName

Quote from: Mo_Better_Hogs on December 08, 2017, 11:43:18 am
Under your "if it were 2019 scenario", yes, practically everyone here would be on board with the idea of him coming to Arkansas. No "Fire Morris" posts moments after he was hired. But, like this year, it might depend on who the young, hot prospect/flavor-of-the-day was.

The bigger issue would be how serious a candidate WE would be for HIM. If Morris won 8 and 10 in the next 2 years, he would be up for every single big job opening. How attractive would the Arkansas job be? A&M may not like Jimbo in 2 years and may want a do-over. This year, we were fortunate that Morris was still on the market after the Aggies search.

I agree 100%