Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whoa!

Started by Donny2665, December 06, 2017, 02:19:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny2665

Just got this email. >:(
This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Hog10S

Same here about 30 minutes ago.

SmokinHog

lol, they don't miss a beat do they...

GoHogzzGo

Ditto. I did not take this negatively. New coach is here, it's a business, they're doing everything they can to win. Here we go.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

factchecker

https://twitter.com/aparris21/status/938505560156237827

QuoteOver 100 people have renewed in the first hour since announcing @coachchadmorris Make your commitment and renew now bit.ly/2B74YGq

Why is this is a negative?

It's smart marketing.  Capitalize off the new hire and gauge fan interests.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Donny2665

Of those 100, I wonder how many are the big time donors? I'm a working man, they aren't getting my dollars until I have to let them go!

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

Hog N Bama

Quote from: SmokinHog on December 06, 2017, 02:32:15 pm
lol, they don't miss a beat do they...
Wanna win? Get behind the program

factchecker

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 06, 2017, 03:06:10 pm
Of those 100, I wonder how many are the big time donors? I'm a working man, they aren't getting my dollars until I have to let them go!

You're not going to lose your seats as long as you renew by the deadline and match your donation from last season.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

HF#1

Y'all better answer the call. Get out them checkbooks
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

311Hog

email also had adverts for meeting the coach, buying new loge seats and joining the foundation hehe.  first fact about Coach Chad Morris he recruited and mentored Clemson stand out and Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson.

navyhog24

Quote from: HF#1 on December 06, 2017, 03:09:28 pm
Y'all better answer the call. Get out them checkbooks

I will if Venables or some other big time DC and some ace recruiters sign on to the defensive side

HF#1

Quote from: navyhog24 on December 06, 2017, 03:11:54 pm
I will if Venables or some other big time DC and some ace recruiters sign on to the defensive side

Why does it matter?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Poker_hog

Got the same email.  It's pretty lame.  While I'm cautiously optimistic it's not the type of hire that's going to drive up ticket demand.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

Donny2665

Quote from: factchecker on December 06, 2017, 03:09:19 pm
You're not going to lose your seats as long as you renew by the deadline and match your donation from last season.
Whew, I'm glad you helped me with that. I've only been donating and buying tickets for 13 seasons. 8)

pghawg1

I will be there  I have bought tickets for 49 years. been there when we have been good and have been there when we have been bad. u know why I am a razorback fan. oh yeah  I am  a working man to and Not a big booster.

factchecker

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 06, 2017, 03:24:08 pm
Whew, I'm glad you helped me with that. I've only been donating and buying tickets for 13 seasons. 8)

Then what exactly are you mad about?

You posted this thread with this emoji:  >:(

Do you not want the ticket office to try and sell tickets?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Kevin

tickets, tickets, get your tickets?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

LRHawg

Me too. Too bad I'm poor! HAHAHA

Donny2665

Quote from: factchecker on December 06, 2017, 03:32:16 pm
Then what exactly are you mad about?

You posted this thread with this emoji:  >:(

Do you not want the ticket office to try and sell tickets?
To a working man, I feel that its a money grab, he hadn't had a press conference yet to see if we even like the guy. Seemed a little premature!

LRHawg

Quote from: 311Hog on December 06, 2017, 03:10:00 pm
First fact about Coach Chad Morris he recruited and mentored Clemson stand out and Houston Texans QB Deshaun Watson.

We and our recruits will be hearing this a lot. 

P.S. - trying to use your new coach to sell tickets when you haven't even officially announced your coach yet looks desperate.

Little Lady Back

Received same email earlier.
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Lanlord

Those of you giving up primo seats let me know.  :)

311Hog

Quote from: LRHawg on December 06, 2017, 03:37:22 pm

We and our recruits will be hearing this a lot. 

P.S. - trying to use your new coach to sell tickets when you haven't even officially announced your coach yet looks desperate.

just a weeeee bit early on the money grab

hawgball40

I was pretty happy to get that email. I am ecstatic with the hire. i think some of you will come around as soon as you see the changes manifesting on the field next season. i guess us optimists need to buckle down and wait out the offseason while you all bitch like ragging females for the next 10 months.

311Hog

Quote from: hawgball40 on December 06, 2017, 03:46:10 pm
I was pretty happy to get that email. I am ecstatic with the hire. i think some of you will come around as soon as you see the changes manifesting on the field next season. i guess us optimists need to buckle down and wait out the offseason while you all bitch like ragging females for the next 10 months.

i like the hire i am just not ready to make a deposit on a loge box before the press conference ....

ur

Sent too early. $6 stubhub tickets still fresh on my mind.

Sivad

A No Excitement hire like Chad Morris will make new tickets a tough sell.

LRHawg

Quote from: Sivad on December 06, 2017, 04:12:16 pm

See, this is why I was a expecting a big name. I figured the powers that be knew we needed a big name to get fans bought back in and grease the wheels on the stadium updates. This hire may be what the program needs, but I don't expect much excitement until he starts winning some games.

"we have nowhere to go but up" doesn't really sell me on season tickets.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Sivad on December 06, 2017, 04:12:16 pm
For every hot chick there's a guy that's bored of banging her...and ten others standing in line

hogcards

Quote from: Donny2665 on December 06, 2017, 02:19:17 pm
Just got this email. >:(

Why is the outlining red portion of the logo in the shape of the state of Alabama?
"You have enemies? Good. It means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."~Winston Churchill

"Racist -- a person who wins an argument with a liberal."~Rush Limbaugh

#lgb
#mediaistheenemy
#stoleninarizona

phadedhawg

Quote from: hogcards on December 06, 2017, 04:16:01 pm
Why is the outlining red portion of the logo in the shape of the state of Alabama?

Still haven't given up the dream of out Alabama-ing Alabama or something....

nationwish

Quote from: theFlyingHog on December 06, 2017, 04:15:02 pm
For every hot chick there's a guy that's bored of banging her...and ten others standing in line

I only went to one game this year (Missouri), because I was too busy with work to get away for a whole day. Even being as close as Tulsa, I couldn't even give tickets away. The lack of interest in attending Razorback games was unlike anything I've ever seen, and it had already been pretty low the last several years. They need to win some games relatively soon to convince people this was the right hire.

Hopeful Hog

Yeah I don't think they're gonna like my response. " slow your roll money grabbers, the man hasn't even hired a defensive coordinator yet. I think I'll wait a few."