Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Get behind Morris or get out for good.

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, December 05, 2017, 04:27:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

He's not my first, second, or third choice, but IF he's the guy then he's a Razorback and deserves our support.  Give the guy a chance.  If you don't want to support him then you don't support the Hogs and you should trade your Hog gear in for something else. Don't be like Tennessee fans. You'll embarrass the entire state in the process.

Atlhogfan1

Texas obsessed

You homers going to have give some of us some coping time. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

island hog

His offense will be very exciting and will bring a different vibe to the offseason.  Curious to see who he'll bring with him to the Hill for DC. 

FWF79

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on December 05, 2017, 04:28:35 pm
Texas obsessed

I'm a homer for wanting to give the guy a chance? Go support another team.

RazorbackFan1

Nouston Hutt

LOL Fire Chad Morris....we got rid of bret to start being competitive not go backwards.

xxtomassxx1980

There will be backlash from us fans. But we will support him. But I'll bet that his leash is short....3 years.

myriad_rocker

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 05, 2017, 04:27:30 pm
He's not my first, second, or third choice, but IF he's the guy then he's a Razorback and deserves our support.  Give the guy a chance.  If you don't want to support him then you don't support the Hogs and you should trade your Hog gear in for something else. Don't be like Tennessee fans. You'll embarrass the entire state in the process.
...I hate you.

glengarry

MAGA45

Fake News

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Tusks

sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HoopS

Texas obsessed

honestly, I think you're right. I will support Morris and like him as a coach quite a bit, but understand his record is uninspiring. I think some of you will warm up pretty quickly. Really do. But I get it.

CaliforniaHawg

mhsbc59

He don't deserve Jack sqaut what's he done nothing not one thing I won't support him or anyone that got him hired
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

3kgthog

Wait until you see the player reaction. There will be a few asking, "Who?"

Smallie Bigs

While I agree with some of this, it seems you are already embarrassing yourself! People are going to act a fool if they don't like the coach. It happens all the time at every SEC school. If it bothers you then log off.
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

tennhogfan

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

311Hog

Quote from: Kevin on December 05, 2017, 04:29:47 pm
will rafe peavey transfer back

haha i said the exact same thing in another thread like a week ago when his name first came up.

#bringjoeyfreshwatertofayettenam

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: mhsbc59 on December 05, 2017, 04:32:04 pm
He don't deserve Jack sqaut what's he done nothing not one thing I won't support him or anyone that got him hired

Dude. Do some research. That program was trash when he took it over. I said I don't like the hire but I'm going to support him. To say he's done nothing is ignorant. He saved Dabo Swinney's job. He built Clemson's offense.  Listen to the things that other coaches have to say about him. Pretty sure they know more about football than you do. 

NATEHOGG216

Can we get him to apologize for trashing on arkansas
Quote from: 3kgthog on August 27, 2013, 09:15:10 AM
Just because the Crash Test Dummies were good at hitting a brick wall didn't mean they were good drivers.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: HoopS on December 05, 2017, 04:31:13 pm
honestly, I think you're right. I will support Morris and like him as a coach quite a bit, but understand his record is uninspiring. I think some of you will warm up pretty quickly. Really do. But I get it.

I think he could.  But with the expansion and the brutal division, he has to win immediately.  I think the main reason he was picked is Texas connection.  They think that is our answer.   We are going to now sign so many impact players due to the Aggie head coach. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

mhsbc59

I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Tony Perkis

See ya losers. Go support the worst possible hire.

ATLHog

how about F U for good

colt-45

14-22 while playing in the aac and this guy is gonna take us to the next level?

Tequilin' Time

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 05, 2017, 04:31:54 pm
Morris is a great hire.

based on what? Please tell and don't quote the local media that has been told to shovel it on us.

Someone please enlighten me on what makes Morris such a  great hire.  other than he said yes. 

TexasHog

[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/D0qSwqt.mp4[/gifv]

WichitaStateRazorback

You and the rest of the flock are part of the problem. You continue to take the dedication to mediocrity with a smile. You can question my fandom all you want but anyone who supports CM is no fan of the Hogs.

bjeffersonhog

I'll be enjoying football season from home next year.  Maybe I'll finally get those season tickets for baseball.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: 3kgthog on December 05, 2017, 04:32:33 pm
Wait until you see the player reaction. There will be a few asking, "Who?"
And recruits, the reason it will piss me off if he is hired, but I am not going to go off on twitter, protest or get all bent out of shape.

Sho Nuff

Most ignorant, arrogant post ever.  You basically said "If you don't agree with me then stop being a fan".  Life must be hard for you.

Head

I agree with another post I saw.

If they hire him, I'm going straight to lids and buying me an OU hat.

247Hog

Fire Long, Fire BB, pay MILLIONS in buyouts. Hire Morris.

We're the dumbest [CENSORED] people in the country.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Piggie

If he turns out to be any good, A&M will eventually grow weary of Jimbo and hire Morris away from us. If he sucks, he will remain a Hog. If he's great, he is destined to become an Aggie.....or maybe follow Dabo at Clemson after Dabo takes over at Alabama when Saban retires or defects back to the NFL. So sad.....
It's a great day to be a Bryant Hornet!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: colt-45 on December 05, 2017, 04:35:07 pm
14-22 while playing in the aac and this guy is gonna take us to the next level?

That's the problem everyone looks ONLY at the SMU record. Heck IF one only looked at the record then BB should have been great hire and won there or four West titles at Arkansas. Different places at different times can yield different results from different people. Either way ANY new head coach deserves our support until proven by his record over a few years HERE they don't deserve it.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

CaliforniaHawg

Quote from: a shady hog on December 05, 2017, 04:32:22 pm
Is he? Tell me why in detail.

Innovative young offensive mind, proven recruiter, improved SMU in every facet of the game since taking over the program.

SMU jumped from 72nd in total offense to No. 8 this past year with a unit made up almost entirely of underclassmen. Sophomore QB, sophomore RB's, two junior WR's.

SMU won 1 game the year before he got there, and has improved its record in each of his 3 seasons. Went 7-5 this year, SMU's best record since 2012.

With such young talent at skill positions, there is every reason to believe if Morris was back at SMU next year, they would have threatened to be a 10-win team and he would have likely been the hottest coaching prospect in the country.

phadedhawg

Our great state has been embarrassed so many times...what's one more? 

I know when I was watching Auburn smack the stuffing out of us these last two years I wasn't saying to myself "if only we had a coach like Morris". 

Of course I hated Nutt when he was hired but after the way his first year went I made peace with it pretty quick.  If Morris wins...he will be accepted.  It's pretty straightforward.

wildcat101

31to6

Quote from: CaliforniaHawg on December 05, 2017, 04:39:06 pm
Innovative young offensive mind, proven recruiter, improved SMU in every facet of the game since taking over the program.

SMU jumped from 72nd in total offense to No. 8 this past year with a unit made up almost entirely of underclassmen. Sophomore QB, sophomore RB's, two junior WR's.

SMU won 1 game the year before he got there, and has improved its record in each of his 3 seasons. Went 7-5 this year, SMU's best record since 2012.

With such young talent at skill positions, there is every reason to believe if Morris was back at SMU next year, they would have threatened to be a 10-win team and he would have likely been the hottest coaching prospect in the country.

Why hire a coach where you have to make excuses for why his bad record should be excused when you have other candidates with offenses just as good or better who have demonstrably better recruiting and a winning record?

It just doesn't make any darned sense.

hogfansince79

Well, I never thought I would see the day that the Hogs would hire an Aggie with a losing record.
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." — George Carlin

Youngsta71701

"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on December 05, 2017, 04:33:33 pm
Dude. Do some research. That program was trash when he took it over. I said I don't like the hire but I'm going to support him. To say he's done nothing is ignorant. He saved Dabo Swinney's job. He built Clemson's offense.  Listen to the things that other coaches have to say about him. Pretty sure they know more about football than you do. 

People need to look at Clemsons offensive production AND overall record before he got there and after. He very well indeed might have saved Dabo.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Texas obsessed

Turn off you computer...

Pour a glass of whiskey...

And do it like a man, in private...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.