Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will Auburn Pony Up $7.5 Million to Keep Gus?

Started by moses_007, December 03, 2017, 02:50:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

alohawg

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on December 03, 2017, 03:41:27 pm
This. If we give Malzahn that kind of money, I'll puke.  Good grief!

Making a habit of hiring conmen.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

a0ashle

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on December 03, 2017, 03:41:27 pm
This. If we give Malzahn that kind of money, I'll puke.  Good grief!

Why are you worried about the money? Big money wanted long and CBB gone, if they are ok spending the money, what's the skin off your back?

PigInTheHole

Auburn has more money than Arkansas but they can let us buy him

we'll see who the smart money is

12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

The Boar War

Quote from: BrokerHawg on December 03, 2017, 03:29:51 pm
AU don't have to pony up
They go get whomever they want anytime.
They are laughing their arse at us fools.

"A fool and their money are soon departed"

Again Auburn is being given way too much.credit.

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: Tyro3 on December 03, 2017, 03:15:13 pm
So let me get this straight, we are offering 50mil and CBB's buyout is about 12mil, and longs is another few mil, where is all this money coming from?

Big money boosters.  Arkansas has some of the richest boosters in the world.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

RockyMtnHog

Quote from: jst01 on December 03, 2017, 03:36:50 pm
Is anyone here helping pay the salary?? Just enjoy the ride on someone else's dime!

Every time that someone buys at Wal-Mart, buys Tyson chicken or get something delivered by J.B. Hunt you are helping to pay the salary of the coach.  Those are just a few of the big money boosters.
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

nwahogs

Quote from: RockyMtnHog on December 03, 2017, 03:53:48 pm
Every time that someone buys at Wal-Mart, buys Tyson chicken or get something delivered by J.B. Hunt you are helping to pay the salary of the coach.  Those are just a few of the big money boosters.

Walton's give to Missouri not Arkansas

a0ashle

You mean they screw us for a tax break? Nah \s

VBMark

Johnny Tyson once said, he does not know anyone with real money, who spends stupid money.

Remember how huge it was to get $15 mil for Bud Walton Arena? Bud even went and asked his kids, if it was okay since it dug into their inheritance.

Bottomline, Auburn has more millionaire boosters than we do. If you do not believe that, then go look at the annual donations to the respective foundations.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

elviscat

Gus, will put people in those seats to watch ballgames and pay off the debt that Mr. Integrity left us with. It's all about putting people in those seats and making money. Business decision that will grow the University, plan a simple. We continue with a program like we've  had the pass five years and it will kill the program.

redeye

Quote from: The Boar War on December 03, 2017, 03:45:17 pm
Again Auburn is being given way too much.credit.

How can you say that, while knowing that every Auburn coach since Bowden has had an undefeated season there, with the exception of Malzahn?

When did Arkansas last have an undefeated season?

Soooie21

They should have given an answer right when the UofA offered the deal....not go back to Auburn to see if they will match...I would have pulled the offer if that was the case....Tell us now or forget it...

Hogforlife

factchecker

Quote from: nwahogs on December 03, 2017, 03:54:36 pm
Walton's give to Missouri not Arkansas

What?

QuoteThe Walton Family Charitable Support Foundation of Bentonville will donate $120 million toward growing the University of Arkansas' art department into a school of art. The gift, announced Wednesday (Aug. 23), is the largest outright donation ever made to a U.S. university to establish a school of art, university officials said.

https://talkbusiness.net/2017/08/walton-group-donates-120-million-to-university-of-arkansas-to-create-a-school-of-art/

Did you forget about our basketball arena?

Bud WALTON Arena
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS