Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pirate Ship Spotted in Fayetteville

Started by michiganhog65, November 30, 2017, 01:05:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 02:40:46 pm
His D is salty and has a very good young DC.

You must know him better than most.  lol

Seriously though, pressers would get a lot more interesting.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

mhsbc59

no just no i dont want noway no how, i will not like him on a ship, i will not like on my whench i do not want leach
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on November 30, 2017, 02:47:39 pm

I laughed out loud at that.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 02:49:15 pm
I laughed out loud at that.

Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

jgphillips3

Sweet Jesus man...you just made me spit-take coke zero onto my keyboard.  +1

Cotton

Spewed water everywhere you bastage!!
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

ChicoHog

Quote from: Razorpigg on November 30, 2017, 01:12:02 pm
Depends if you want to win or not. Leach is a home run hire.
In whose book?  Probably the worst recruiter of anyone looking to get hired.  I've said it before and i'll say it again.  leach is a "does more with less" guy, especially on offense.  Great at maximizing his QB talents and finding receivers in space.  Terrible at acquiring top notch talent in order to compete with other top notch talent.  We need a guy who can recruit and not a guy who thinks his s**t does not stink and wants to beat you with mediocre talent just to pat himself on the back.  UW, Cal and AZ all destroyed Wazzu this year.  if you want to win between 6-9 games a year max then go ahead and hire leach.  We want to get to double digit victories and always win at least 8.  Research his recruiting and you will see that very few future NFL guys have been on his rosters. 

PigInTheHole

turning your nose up at Leach is stupid.

He has positives and negatives like every other option.

CML can flat out coach and develop players.
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

Michael D Huff AIA

What Washington State has managed to do this year:

#6 QB passing yards   3593 yds
#3 passing offense      374.8 ypg
#32 Total offense        446.4 ypg
#15 total defense        313.6 ypg
#48 scoring defense    24.4 ppg

I would take those numbers, especially the defensive ones.  Plus, it would be a lot harder to prepare for a Leach offense, and he would attract the best quarterbacks and receivers out there.

ChicoHog

Quote from: PigInTheHole on November 30, 2017, 03:12:21 pm
turning your nose up at Leach is stupid.

He has positives and negatives like every other option.

CML can flat out coach and develop players.
Talent beats scheme more often than not.  Unless you are playing teams like Oregon St, Cal (which he lost), colorado, utah, Portland st (which he lost), Eastern Washington (which he lost), Boise St (which he lost), etc., 

jneal56

Quote from: HenduHog on November 30, 2017, 01:20:59 pm
I wouldn't quit watching but I'm not a Leach fan.

1. Never plays defense.
2. He is a "players coach". We saw how that worked out with BB.
3. His offense can be stopped by any good coach and team (see Washington U and Peterson).

To me all are negatives, but especially #2.

Players coach? Hahahaha! You don't know about Leach. I spent a few years in Chiropractic school with the starting linebacker of 4 years for Texas Tech. His name is Brock Stratton and the stories he has told me about Leach is far from a players coach.
"At least we are moral"

Dwight_K_Shrute

I know almost everyone hates forward facing Hog, but you put an eye patch on that MoFo maybe a saber through his teeth and you've got something there.  Pirate hog would sell.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Jadestem

Quote from: Razorpigg on November 30, 2017, 01:12:02 pm
Depends if you want to win or not. Leach is a home run hire.

I think he would be a solid hire, but a home run? He has been HC for nearly 20 years and has one 10 win season. I know record isn't everything, but when you've coached for as long as Leach has, it definitely means SOMETHING. What makes him a home run?

*edit to clarify I would be content with Leach, I am just not sure I would go so far as to say he is a home run. I'm just curious what makes others think that he is.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Brass Knob

Quote from: ChicoHog on November 30, 2017, 03:17:20 pm
Talent beats scheme more often than not.  Unless you are playing teams like Oregon St, Cal (which he lost), colorado, utah, Portland st (which he lost), Eastern Washington (which he lost), Boise St (which he lost), etc., 

Not really. There are plenty of schools with lots of talent on their rosters that don't win. Talent is useless without a coach who knows how to use it... You get both in a perfect world.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2017, 03:20:00 pm
I know almost everyone hates forward facing Hog, but you put an eye patch on that MoFo maybe a saber through his teeth and you've got something there.  Pirate hog would sell.
The ONLY-EST way it should stay. I swear to St. Elmo that I will roast that pumba knock-off and eat it if I have to in order to make it disappear.!!
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Beaverfever

I'd offer him as soon Gus said no or was taking too long.  I think he's a good fit with Arkansas/Texas high school talent that have experience playing in an offense that he basically created.  Gus would be great but you have to consider the type of talent he has to field a team currently.  He should be winning big.

Uncommon

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 02:44:36 pm
Yeah, who is that in the avatar?
It's Rose Leslie, an actress who played Ygritte in Game of Thrones.

Coach Obvious

November 30, 2017, 03:38:30 pm #119 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 03:57:12 pm by Coach Obvious

ChicoHog

Quote from: jneal56 on November 30, 2017, 03:19:56 pm

Players coach? Hahahaha! You don't know about Leach. I spent a few years in Chiropractic school with the starting linebacker of 4 years for Texas Tech. His name is Brock Stratton and the stories he has told me about Leach is far from a players coach.
he's the guy last year who said in a press conference that his team played "like a girls softball team".  he throw players under the bus all the time.  He is a jerk, does not relate well to players and most importantly does not recruit well.  He's the "mad scientist" type. 

devildog

Quote from: jbott on November 30, 2017, 01:17:00 pm
He knows trump

https://youtu.be/KI2wWawEAxI
So our new AD would get to walk by a picture of Trump in the HC's office. That should be warm and cozy.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 30, 2017, 01:08:41 pm
Barstool Arkansas‏ @BarstoolUA
48m48 minutes ago

BARSTOOL ARKANSAS EXCLUSIVE:

After talking to our sources within the athletic department, we can confirm contact has been made with Mike Leach regarding our head coach position.

Hold onto your butts.
2 months late but good fallback
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

HogPharmer

Quote from: mhsbc59 on November 30, 2017, 02:48:34 pm
no just no i dont want noway no how, i will not like him on a ship, i will not like on my whench i do not want leach

This was almost Dr. Seuss-esk
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

HoggieStyle

Quote from: devildog on November 30, 2017, 04:20:15 pm
So our new AD would get to walk by a picture of Trump in the HC's office. That should be warm and cozy.

Sorry your girl lost.

But not really.

Pig in the Pokey

but but but Leach would never want this job, hogville said.

Ya'll slow.

It's still Norvell before ya'll lose your minds.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

thebignasty

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 04:31:58 pm

Ya'll slow.

I don't think anyone said no way he's interested.

Just that he wasn't already hired. Which was as true then as it is now.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: thebignasty on November 30, 2017, 04:34:01 pm
I don't think anyone said no way he's interested.

Just that he wasn't already hired. Which was as true then as it is now.
thats EXACTLY what they said when I told the board two months ago that Leach wanted the job. These guys get mad af when you tell them the truth for some reason.

I HAVE NEVER said anybody was "already hired". I said "agreed to come". Please stop lying. Just quote me or stop trying to shame me. I was right , Baw. He wants the job, fatty is gone. This news is sooo old it smells bad.
I still hear and still believe it's Norvell , though, and Leach has been just a fallback since Monday when I heard Norvell accepted the offer.

MC_Hog

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 30, 2017, 01:13:42 pm
they're just going through the backup plan(s) if Gus is an idiot and stays at Auburn where he'll be fired next year

Not a back up plan....Gus isn't coming

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MC_Hog on November 30, 2017, 04:38:51 pm
Not a back up plan....Gus isn't coming
back up for Norvell now that Tennessee is throwing 5+ million at Norvell supposedly. Because the internet denied Morris as the backup plan.

runninghog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 30, 2017, 01:05:56 pm
Yeah, apparently we are talking to Leach.

Nah.  That's just my rum delivery to get through this weekend.  Go Dawgs.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 04:31:58 pm

Ya'll slow.

No one ever said Leach wouldn't want this job. Not one time. You made that up.

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 04:35:57 pm
thats EXACTLY what they said when I told the board two months ago that Leach wanted the job. These guys get mad af when you tell them the truth for some reason.

I HAVE NEVER said anybody was "already hired". I said "agreed to come". Please stop lying. Just quote me or stop trying to shame me. I was right , Baw. He wants the job, fatty is gone. This news is sooo old it smells bad.
I still hear and still believe it's Norvell , though, and Leach has been just a fallback since Monday when I heard Norvell accepted the offer.
Do you understand what "agreed" means? It takes two sides to agree. If you say Leach "agreed to come" that means he was asked to come and he agreed. Not that he would come if he was asked.

Under your logic, I also have "agreed to come" to Arkansas as head football coach.

And if Norvell accepted the offer, why do we need a fallback?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 04:54:23 pm
No one ever said Leach wouldn't want this job. Not one time. You made that up.
not worth the effort but if need be when those old archives are dug up you'll see many many many posters said exactly that. It was pathetic.

thebignasty

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 30, 2017, 04:35:57 pm

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 16, 2017, 11:38:37 pm
Yeah , Long stays, but it's only because he's already hired Mike Leach.

jrulz83

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Ex-Trumpet

JCP would have somebody on a JD Gator going around the tailgaters and confiscating them all.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

JaketheSnake

Hogwild

[gifv]https://i.imgur.com/UDL7niz.mp4[/gifv]

"Don't go you're Arkansas' 2nd choice, their 2nd choice, they really want Gus, 2nd choice, their 2nd choice. "

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hogwild on November 30, 2017, 07:01:06 pm

Don't go, you're Arkansas' 2nd choice, their 2nd choice, they really want Gus, 2nd choice, their 2nd choice.

+1
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

porkerfinger

Quote from: Hogwild on November 30, 2017, 07:01:06 pm

Don't go, you're Arkansas' 2nd choice, their 2nd choice, they really want Gus, 2nd choice, their 2nd choice.

It doesn't seem that Leach is interested in the message.

LawyerHog50

8) Leach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Morris :puke:
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

MuskogeeHogFan

November 30, 2017, 07:10:47 pm #142 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:28:36 pm by MuskogeeHogFan
Quote from: HenduHog on November 30, 2017, 01:20:59 pm
I wouldn't quit watching but I'm not a Leach fan.

1. Never plays defense.
2. He is a "players coach". We saw how that worked out with BB.
3. His offense can be stopped by any good coach and team (see Washington U and Peterson).

To me all are negatives, but especially #2.

1. He has the #15 total defense in the country this year.
2. Players coach? What do you think pushed him out at Tx Tech? It wasn't for being accused of being a "player's coach". And he doesn't hold back placing blame where it is deserved when his team plays poorly. You never hear him say, "I know it looks bad, but we are soooo close".
3. That was one game. Better examine his career.
Go Hogs Go!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Karma on November 30, 2017, 04:57:49 pm
Do you understand what "agreed" means? It takes two sides to agree. If you say Leach "agreed to come" that means he was asked to come and he agreed. Not that he would come if he was asked.

Under your logic, I also have "agreed to come" to Arkansas as head football coach.

And if Norvell accepted the offer, why do we need a fallback?

If true, we don't need a fallback plan. I have a hard time believing that Malzahn is coming. I don't know if Norvell has been offered let alone whether he has accepted. If it is true that he has been offered and has accepted the offer, nothing else matters. Surely an official offer would not have been extended had not all parties on our side agreed that he should be offered the job. So, if the offer was made and he accepted, there is no fall back plan that is necessary.

Some say an offer has been made to Malzahn. I believe that to be true. But if an offer has been extended to Norvell and he has accepted, then whatever happens with Malzahn on Saturday wouldn't matter. And if an offer has been extended to Norvell and he has accepted, there would be no need to interview anyone else...not Morris, not Leach.

There is a lot of hedging going on here by multiple parties to insure that one of them (or more) can say, "I told you so".

I have no idea who the next HC will be but it apparently isn't a done deal on any of them at this point. I bet we know more by Sunday or Monday of this coming week.
Go Hogs Go!

Uncommon

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 30, 2017, 07:54:14 pm
Some say an offer has been made to Malzahn. I believe that to be true. But if an offer has been extended to Norvell and he has accepted, then whatever happens with Malzahn on Saturday wouldn't matter. And if an offer has been extended to Norvell and he has accepted, there would be no need to interview anyone else...not Morris, not Leach.
I was wondering what to tell my doctor when he asks what has caused my constant migraines.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Uncommon on November 30, 2017, 08:00:45 pm
I was wondering what to tell my doctor when he asks what has caused my constant migraines.

And that is the problem, isn't it? Everyone is hungry for accurate information that indicates the direction that this coaching search is taking. But you (or we) don't know who has good info and who hasn't. Some may know, others may not but say that they do. It is a normal coaching search despite the absence of Jeff Long.

Just keep uttering, "gooooze frah-bah" and relax, stay clam and don't buy into the latest, "new, most accurate, info". We'll know when it happens. I just hope it is someone who inspires confidence and great expectations in the Hog Nation as a whole.
Go Hogs Go!

Uncommon

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on November 30, 2017, 08:24:38 pm
And that is the problem, isn't it? Everyone is hungry for accurate information that indicates the direction that this coaching search is taking. But you (or we) don't know who has good info and who hasn't. Some may know, others may not but say that they do.

LAGNAF

Quote from: Academic on November 30, 2017, 02:21:07 pm
In case you missed it, every player on the team wrote a hand written letter stating that that categorically did not happen and his son made it all up because he wasn't getting enough playing time

I was being facetious, sorry it flew over your head. I cant stand Craig James.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Uncommon on November 30, 2017, 08:00:45 pm
for me it was easy to tell why. it was the 2 dozen concussions lol.

Pig in the Pokey

holy crap, you are damn right it would!