Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wanna beat Saban?

Started by hog_fan86, November 30, 2017, 11:23:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hog_fan86

Maybe look at someone who knows how he thinks... someone that went up against his defense everyday for several years...

HogPharmer

Worked well for Jim McElwain
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

jst01

I would be thrilled if they hired Lane. Change is scary and so is taking risks, but if AR ever wants to get over the recruiting hump and talent ceiling here, they need to take some big risks.

hog_fan86

Head coaching experience?  check
SEC coaching experience? check
Big time game experience? check
Recruiter? check
Arkansas ties?  check

hog_fan86

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 30, 2017, 11:25:22 am
Worked well for Jim McElwain

He might be a goob, but he won the east his only two full seasons at FL.

jbuhogfan

That seems to be working great so far...

How Nick Saban's former assistants have fared against him

Coach           Team           Record vs. Saban     Score vs. Saban
Derek Dooley   Tennessee              0-3                           122-29
Jim McElwain   CSU, Florida      0-3                           114-37
Will Muschamp   Florida              0-2                           80-31
Mark Dantonio   Michigan State      0-2                           87-7
Jimbo Fisher   Florida State      0-1                           24-7
Combined Total                             0-11                           427-111

HogPharmer

Quote from: hog_fan86 on November 30, 2017, 11:29:19 am
He might be a goob, but he won the east his only two full seasons at FL.

He beat the East when it was the worst it has literally ever been. He inherited a good defense thanks to Muschamp. But any team, and I do mean ANY, in the West would have won the East those two years--Arkansas and Bret Bielema included.

Although I do understand where you were going in starting this thread... And I would love to see Kiffin here.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

JONAS

November 30, 2017, 11:48:07 am #7 Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:10:40 pm by JONAS
Hire Hugh Freeze.  He's done it twice.  🤣🤣🤣

Atlhogfan1

The way to beat Saban has been shown.  Mobile qb who can be a threat running the ball and who makes aggressive downfield throws and wr's who can play physical and make plays downfield.  The qb has to play at their best or even the game of their life.  If it happens and your defense hasn't been run over too much, you have a chance.  And hope Bama makes mistakes too. 

The only thing to say to this as far as the coaching search and if your only focus was beating Saban would be to hire a coach who has a history of having mobile qb's capable of playing great games.  We almost were an exception to this when we lost 14-13. 

Saban won't be at Bama forever.  One of these days, we will hire a coach who will outlast his time at Bama. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

RedyorNot

I just can't see it being Kiffin. Dude bought a $2.1M home on the water in June with a fishing dock, Mom and Dad live a few miles away, said he loves the area and lifestyle, and this was his most rewarding year in coaching.

I know we have lakes here, but he just seems to have everything where he is.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

HF#1

Or hire someone who has actually beat Saban, like Malzahn...
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogPharmer

Quote from: HF#1 on November 30, 2017, 12:20:47 pm
Or hire someone who has actually beat Saban, like Malzahn...

Why not Sumlin?

HF#1

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 30, 2017, 12:29:48 pm
Why not Sumlin?

I would give Sumlin a chance. Certainly better than Morris.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Hogeration

I'm all in for Kiffin. Just thinking about the fireworks on social media the week of the Bama game gets me excited. I think he is the only one that can bring in the recruits we need to win the SEC.

Cartoon Man

Gus knows how to beat him.