Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiffin!

Started by bjbuatamu, November 29, 2017, 05:08:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bjbuatamu

This AD and coaching search is bizarre.  The one time I was hoping Alabama would win and they lose.

Gus must be a glutton for punishment if he stays at Auburn.  Just ask Bowden, Tuberville, and/or Chizik. 

We were 1-7 in the SEC West and not even relevant on ESPN or SECN any more.  So I say make it fun!  Hire Kiffin! 

Briles is the OC so there is the Texas recruiting connection.

So what if he does something stupid and gets fired.  Norvell and Morris would just have more experience.

Who wouldn't want a coach that makes fun of everyone in the SEC, particularly St. Nick? 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21609770/florida-atlantic-owls-coach-lane-kiffin-says-nick-saban-know-twitter-is

Kiffin from FAU to UAF!  Today!  :)

Go Hogs!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Never even thought about the transposing of the letters. Letterology says you might be on to something.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 29, 2017, 05:13:32 pm
Never even thought about the transposing of the letters. Letterology says you might be on to something.
thats numbers AND letters now.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Matt Burks

Quote from: bjbuatamu on November 29, 2017, 05:08:13 pm

Kiffin from FAU to UAF!  Today!  :)

Maybe he'll recruit on snow plows at UAF - https://www.uaf.edu/

JONAS

I am all for him now.  Was not earlier, but now he is my number 1 guy.

axedawg

If what was reported back when Petrino was hired, it appeared that Lane Kiffin had the job up until BP fell into our lap.

Consider it a redo...I would like to see what Lane could have done back in 2007, just 10 years later now!   8)

Tortfeasor

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Sivad

Hoggie17

Tn is now looking at Kiffin.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: Hoggie17 on November 29, 2017, 05:47:55 pm

If they look close enough they might see him giving them the finger, not the first one the other one, next to the first one. ;)
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

TrueBlue

Uh no.

There are some rabid fans still wanting him @ Tenner. Not admin people.

He would be a great fit here - a shot of adrenalin in the arm for our program.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Tortfeasor on November 29, 2017, 05:44:36 pm
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Not my #1, but if Gus, Norvell or Brohm are out for any reason, if it will save us from Tiny Tim, I'd conduct the Lane Train..

Joey Freshwater, Jimmy Chestnut, Ron Mexico, whatever handle he needs to pick up chicks, if it's him or Horton, that would be like choosing between Kate Upton and Rosie O'Donnell..
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

Hoggie17

I am beginning to really warm up to Kiffin.

PLHawg

Hiring Kiffin would be giving the middle finger to the media, the rest of the SEC, and would instantly instill attitude in our program.  Norvell was my clear number one, but Kiffin is closing in fast.

TrueBlue

Think of a younger, better Petrino-offensive mind.

However the difference is, he can recruit with the best of them! - Players love to play for him.

TrueBlue

Quote from: PLHawg on November 29, 2017, 05:59:36 pm
Hiring Kiffin would be giving the middle finger to the media, the rest of the SEC, and would instantly instill attitude in our program.  Norvell was my clear number one, but Kiffin is closing in fast.

We would be relevant again.

duckman

He is everything Jeff Long would hate, so.... 

He is the best man for the job.

jrulz83

Awesome:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21493936/florida-atlantic-coach-lane-kiffin-having-fun-now-winning

Quote"It's fourth-and-2, but do we take knees here? No, we have a no-knee mentality," Kiffin says. "Does a boxer who's winning on the card in the 12th round all of a sudden stop punching? When Tiger Woods is on the 18th hole and up by seven strokes, does he settle for par? No, he knocks them out. So, yes, it's the last play of the game, but run their ass over. Finish them. Knock their ass out. Don't wait for the scorecard to come in. We don't want any TKOs."
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Hoggie17

I want a winner next year that's why my #1 choice is Kiffin. Just became my #1 choice today!

redeye

Quote from: axedawg on November 29, 2017, 05:41:20 pm
If what was reported back when Petrino was hired, it appeared that Lane Kiffin had the job up until BP fell into our lap.

I've heard this a couple of times recently, but the only Kiffin news I remember in 2007 was centered around the Tennessee job.  Not saying it didn't happen, though.

Personally, I've always considered Kiffin overrated, but he would be fun, and since I don't trust the brass on the hill, I wouldn't mind.

luvmesomehogs

Is he actually in play for us? Trying not to get my hopes up.

jrulz83

Quote from: luvmesomehogs on November 29, 2017, 06:28:11 pm
Is he actually in play for us? Trying not to get my hopes up.

He is JCP's top choice, supposedly.

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 29, 2017, 06:00:50 pm
We would be relevant again.
Immediately.
And he is the ONLY candidate outside of GM that would.
Arkansas is in Dark Territory and Lane Kiffin is our way back to the light. Quickly.

War Boar

I have really wanted Norvell throughout the search process.  However, I think Kiffin would be everything our program needs right now.  Great recruiter, offensive mind, but most importantly the attitude.  I think that is what we need most.  I don't think the talent is as far behind the rest of the SEC as it appears.  They need the attitude that Kiffin would bring.

Go Hogs!!!

Calvin Swine

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 06:02:19 pm

Ha!  Probably the most persuasive argument I've read yet!

deltadoghawg

told y'all yesterday, kiffin is a done deal.

JONAS

Quote from: deltadoghawg on November 29, 2017, 07:07:43 pm

I sure hope you are right. 

Spektre

This snip is of Lane Kiffin's twitter feed right now...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

whatsshakinbacon

Kiffin was not in play in '07.  Grobe was.  Would have been a monumentally bad hire.

Bacon out...

Hoggie17

Lane Kiffin can out recruit any one that has been mentions as our HC, when he gets a good player he knows what to do with him. This my opinion, "if we want to be in the  hunt for championships hire Lane Kiffin".

SNORTZENHOGGER

Kiffin would bring Arkansas back some swagger. He would be a media monster and recruits would flock here. I am all in... get off the Gus bus, Not feeling well with Norvell, not sure this is the home for Brohm, tiny Tim hopes are grim... Kiffin is fitten to be our coach! WPS!
Bobby, Fools'ball is from the devil... Everything is the devil to you, Mama! Well, I like HOGVILLE, and I like football! And I'm gonna keep doin' them both because they make me feel good! And by the way, Mama. "HOGVILLE POSTERS" are ornery 'cause of their "Medula Oblongata"!

Rudy Baylor

do you realize your avatar and my avatar are the most prolific characters eaten by sharks in history?

do you realize that?

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 29, 2017, 05:51:34 pm
Uh no.

There are some rabid fans still wanting him @ Tenner. Not admin people.

He would be a great fit here - a shot of adrenalin in the arm for our program.

this board will be wishing they had listened to us

cram224

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 29, 2017, 06:00:16 pm

However the difference is, he can recruit with the best of them! - Players love to play for him.
I agree 100%. He is the closes to Bobby Petrino that we could get with better recruiting. If he just stayed 3 or 4 years it would mean we are winning. Make him sign a big buyout on his part not ours and let it ride.

Rudy Baylor

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 29, 2017, 06:00:16 pm

spot

on

jjdlc

Tennessee needs to seriously think twice before offering Kiffin.  I fully believe Kiffin would turn them down, and probably do so in the most public and embarrassing way he could think of.  It would only add fuel to their already raging inferno of a coaching search.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Spektre on November 29, 2017, 07:13:45 pm
This snip is of Lane Kiffin's twitter feed right now...  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I would take Kiffin on the strength of his trolling alone.

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin

PigInTheHole

get on the Lane Train

brilliant play caller

great recruiter vast network of coaches

get on board

we just need a beach
12/02/2017 Malzahn "I just said that I want to be the head coach at Auburn."

brenthog

I was all Norvell, but hearing the Chad Morris talk and seeing that Kiffin's Twitter game is strong...

I can get down on the Lane Train!

jrulz83

So easy to see that he's the guy.

Boarme

Quote from: jrulz83 on November 29, 2017, 06:34:10 pm
He is JCP's top choice, supposedly.
Well then promote her and hire Kiffin.

hoglady

How you could chose Chad Morris (if they do) over Lane Kiffin is beyond me.

They are so out of touch with the fan base.
They kept Bielema so long they let apathy set in - if they think Chad Morris is going to change that - he's not.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

TexasHog

You don't hire a football coach to play twitter troll.

You hire a football coach to win games.
Lane is mediocre don't wan't him here.

Dillon23

He brings name recognition and that brings recruits. When he shows up at your school, nobody has to ask "who was that?"....they know.

hoglady

Quote from: TexasHog on November 29, 2017, 10:41:49 pm
You don't hire a football coach to play twitter troll.

You hire a football coach to win games.
Lane is mediocre don't wan't him here.

Well - if you think Lane Kiffin is mediocre I don't know where that puts the rest of the guys on our so called list. Once you get past Malzahn and possibly Leach - what have the others accomplished in their careers in comparison to Kiffin.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Iwastherein1969

If we want to win the twitter war between the coaches, well, Lane is our man. Tell you one thing, the kind of smack Lane talks on Twitter draws more top shelf recruits than "throwing the A", "#1-0" and "Uncommon"....by the way, have they taken down every single UNCOMMON poster or stitching in Hog flags. I guess what I'm asking is this, is all the strange sayings from the former regime gone ? "Uncommon" is something that may work while recruiting in Ankeny, IA, but if you want the best urban kids in the south to come to your program you get a smack talking warrior like Lane Kiffin. Remember, his dad had one of the, if not the greatest defense the UA has ever fielded in 1977-78. Remember the guys who totally shut down what Barry Switzer still calls his best team at Oklahoma in the '78 Orange Bowl ? The FORCE is strong in young JEDI Lane. I say hire him, send him to Yoda in the Alderan system to recruit some freaks and then ask Nick Saban to "come out and play".
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

TN HOG

This is the best news I've heard in over a week and especially the past few hours.
Play like a Champion!

The Hogfather

I want to believe you, but I just can't.  I would be ecstatic.  I can't set myself up for the kind of disappointment that would come if I was believing and we end up not hiring him.

adroitful

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 29, 2017, 08:12:21 pm
I would take Kiffin on the strength of his trolling alone.

https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin

Anyone else see that retweet Kiffin retweeted from DMAC about Arkansas needing a coach? Lol.

Kevin

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 06:02:19 pm

Never thought of it this way   

Get this done
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22