Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per Trey Biddy...

Started by Busta_Nutt, November 29, 2017, 12:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: GuvHog on November 29, 2017, 01:25:42 pm
They would however, announce that Gus is no longer a candidate and they are moving on.
We would NEVER announce that..
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

isavedjazz

Quote from: HyperDrive on November 29, 2017, 01:23:57 pm
The mental gymnastics it takes to think that Gus would accept or intend to accept an offer from Arkansas but wait until after he's coached Auburn through the playoffs is worthy of Olympic Gold.

Why don't you people get it? YOU LOSE NOTHING BY PITCHING GUS MALZAHN YOUR BEST OFFER. It would be stupid not to try.

The worst that can happen is he says no and you move on and hire someone who will do significantly better than what we've seen in the last 5 years.
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

TreyBiddys Hair

I used to be really close to Trey.  Unfortunately we had a falling out sometime ago.  However, I believe he is trustworthy.  Regardless of how I feel personally about his treatment of me.

jimmur74

So...What do either parties have to gain by waiting until after Memphis Championship game? Memphis? Are you kidding me. No way its Norvell and Im not buying Trey Biddy either

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 12:51:53 pm
Been Norvell since Monday!

HF#1

The mental gymnastics it takes to think that Gus would accept or intend to accept an offer from Arkansas but wait until after he's coached Auburn through the playoffs is worthy of Olympic Gold.

Just spitballing. Nobody knows. The only thing we can be sure of is that he will get an offer from us. Nobody knows what he will do with it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

ricepig

Quote from: GuvHog on November 29, 2017, 01:25:42 pm
They would however, announce that Gus is no longer a candidate and they are moving on.

We never announce who our candidates are until we sign him, lol.

GuvHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 29, 2017, 01:27:16 pm
We would NEVER announce that..

Sure they would. It would be more of an intentional LEAK than an official announcement.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hollywood870

We're just waiting on an answer. Does it take mental gymnastics to offer someone a job?

Razorback Pastor

Quote from: checkraiser88 on November 29, 2017, 01:17:38 pm
Biddy and Kirk are the last ones that know anything. I feel bad for the people who are paying for that content

I agree

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: GuvHog on November 29, 2017, 01:29:59 pm
Sure they would. It would be more of an intentional LEAK than an official announcement.
Nope...that would be telling the guy you hired that he was not our first choice. If Gus doesn't sign an extension Friday then he's coming, if he does sign an extension then Venables was our choice all along.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hawg Life

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 01:28:47 pm
We never announce who our candidates are until we sign him, lol.

Whomever is hired will be our 1st choice. It won't be Gus, and I do think we should leak that Gus isn't coming due to the cult following meltdown that will happen after Gus isn't hired.

GuvHog

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 29, 2017, 01:31:57 pm
Nope...that would be telling the guy you hired that he was not our first choice. If Gus doesn't sign an extension Friday then he's coming, if he does sign an extension then Venables was our choice all along.

Seriously?? With people like Mike saying Gus has been offered the job, you don't believe the other candidates are smart enough to realize that Gus was Arkansas' first choice?? That's silly.

Soooie21

Quote from: parallaxpig on November 29, 2017, 01:18:24 pm
I hope your right cuz I think he's the guy....
I get that feeling also...36 years young...I like that also..

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 01:23:51 pm
I doubt Arkansas will announce a contract extension for Gus @ Auburn......

Who suggested they would?

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: Soooie21 on November 29, 2017, 01:11:44 pm
I believe that the UofA have been trying to get Gus to say no, so they could move on.....

I agree. I had a friend call me over lunch very excited that we were offering Gus the job officially and I told him that if that was true it was because there were probably powerful boosters that weren't going to be satisfied until he told them "no" unequivocally.  I don't have any inside information, just my opinion and common sense, but I don't think he was ever coming here.   I don't have any inside sources about whether the sun is going to come up tomorrow either, but I feel pretty good about it.   

The NewEra

Quote from: TreyBiddys Hair on November 29, 2017, 01:27:28 pm
I used to be really close to Trey.  Unfortunately we had a falling out sometime ago.  However, I believe he is trustworthy.  Regardless of how I feel personally about his treatment of me.

If you read this post closely and notice the author it is truly a Hogville classic.

razorbackfaninar

Quote from: GuvHog on November 29, 2017, 01:35:39 pm
Seriously?? With people like Mike saying Gus has been offered the job, you don't believe the other candidates are smart enough to realize that Gus was Arkansas' first choice?? That's silly.

I have a lot of respect for Mike and I read and follow his work and I am certain if he is saying that, it is because he has been told as much, but I don't think whoever we eventually hire is going to read what Mike is saying or put that much weight behind it.  I also doubt they will care too much.  Mullen seemed pretty happy on that flight to Florida although he clearly wasn't their first choice.   

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on November 29, 2017, 01:44:49 pm
Who suggested they would?

Quote from: The NewEra on November 29, 2017, 01:14:24 pm
I'm not believing anything until it's confirmed by an administration official with Auburn or Arkansas.

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 01:49:06 pm

The operative word is "anything" .  Please follow the bouncing ball.

greenie

Quote from: TreyBiddys Hair on November 29, 2017, 01:27:28 pm

I bet he just brushed you aside.

ricepig

Quote from: The NewEra on November 29, 2017, 01:51:00 pm
The operative word is "anything" .  Please follow the bouncing ball.

Have we ever announced anything concerning another SEC coach's contract?

East Clintwood

Quote from: Soooie21 on November 29, 2017, 01:11:44 pm
I believe that the UofA have been trying to get Gus to say no, so they could move on.....

They could always just rescind the offer.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

247Hog

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 01:52:21 pm

I'll take every day logic for $500 Alex.

Thank you.

If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

The NewEra

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 01:52:21 pm

Again, that was not in the post.  Your assuming once again.  Let me help you.

I won't believe anything about Auburn's coaching situation until confirmed by an Auburn official.

I won't believe anything about Arkansas coaching situation until confirmed by an Arkansas official.

rhames

People are saying different things

No one knows what Gus is going to do
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

GuvHog

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on November 29, 2017, 01:47:39 pm
I have a lot of respect for Mike and I read and follow his work and I am certain if he is saying that, it is because he has been told as much, but I don't think whoever we eventually hire is going to read what Mike is saying or put that much weight behind it.  I also doubt they will care too much.  Mullen seemed pretty happy on that flight to Florida although he clearly wasn't their first choice.   

Exactly right. The coach that Arkansas hires won't care about not being the Hogs first choice.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: rhames on November 29, 2017, 01:55:57 pm
People are saying different things

No one knows what Gus is going to do
Succinct.

jgcat4

Quote from: 247Hog on November 29, 2017, 01:54:47 pm
I'll take every day logic for $500 Alex.

Thank you.

What is something not found on Hogville?
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on November 29, 2017, 01:20:40 pm
Meanwhile, I'm watching my favorite movie of all time......

Man on Fire

Great movie.....

PRJ

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

pigture perfect

I'm just ready for a new chapter in this whole thing. A good sub-plot would be for Ole Gus to stick it to Auburn and leave them blubbering more than usual. But that would be too good to be true. Norvelle or Venables are my favorites at this point.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 29, 2017, 01:12:44 pm
No because he can make jack at Clemson and holdout for better such as a destination job not a stepping stone.

Maybe Florida State.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

VBMark

John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field

Smallie Bigs

Quote from: Karma on November 29, 2017, 01:02:08 pm
(Captain Kirk loud voice): "SEXTOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If this is some kind of Sexton master plan to make Auburn give Gus a huge raise don't you think they wouldn't agree to an extension until a day after the SEC CG to give the impression that Gus is possibly considering Arkansas?
Watchdog defending all things Razorback.

Ham Sandwich

I see OP is stealing info.

isavedjazz

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on November 29, 2017, 02:28:04 pm

In his subject line he cites his source...
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Hog Milanese

So many websites being used as "sources" for "news" when they're people in their basements with blogs.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on November 29, 2017, 02:28:04 pm

Go make a ham sandwich, kid. Source is cited.

tusksincolorado

Quote from: Hog Milanese on November 29, 2017, 01:23:25 pm
If Gus doesn't come home, we should make it so he never can. Can a State have a restraining order against a man and his descendants for all eternity?

If that was the case, we would had made sure Nuttless and his crew would never return.
Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

The Kig

Quote from: JONAS on November 29, 2017, 01:16:24 pm
I agree, but BB didn't have one either.
And was fired because of it... seems like Mike from Memphis State had his Defense ranked 1 or 2 spots from the Hogs D. 

Don't get the whole Norvell is a homerun crowd.  Dude has <2 years as a HC.  With his advanced network/coaching tree, why would anyone think an elite DC is going to follow him here? 
Poker Porker

GuvHog

Quote from: The Kig on November 29, 2017, 03:09:11 pm
And was fired because of it... seems like Mike from Memphis State had his Defense ranked 1 or 2 spots from the Hogs D. 

Don't get the whole Norvell is a homerun crowd.  Dude has <2 years as a HC.  With his advanced network/coaching tree, why would anyone think an elite DC is going to follow him here? 

Think Todd Graham as DC. Let that sink in.

regi

November 29, 2017, 03:13:34 pm #92 Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 03:28:23 pm by regi
I don't know what is happening,  probably both schools trying to leverage some spin.  I live in Atlanta,  I heard Mr Blank,  and his GM say,  Bobby assured us,  he is staying through the season.  That was the lead up to MNF.  Tuesday night,  Bobby and Long were awkwardly calling the Hogs. So..

LuckyGiraffe

The best coaches in the country were rarely given the first offer. This is great news for us.

riccoar

Seems I remember a school in Oxford floating bad info on Norvell.

grayhawg

Quote from: riccoar on November 29, 2017, 03:22:23 pm
Seems I remember a school in Oxford floating bad info on Norvell.
yep

hawgdavis

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 29, 2017, 01:23:14 pm
Gus has until tomorrow or we're moving on...Now doesn't mean he'll be announced as HC tomorrow but agree to a deal in principle with an announcement Sunday. If not, Venables will be named HC sunday.

Every person on here has a different source I think that has a different version of what's going on. Looks like we're going to have about 3-5 head coaches come Sunday.

At this point unless I see something official I will just have to wait and see like all of y'all because it's blatantly obvious not a soul on here has a clue as to what's going on except maybe one guy and he ain't saying shyt besides giving cryptic updates.

It's starting to get ridiculous and annoying JMO

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: jimmur74 on November 29, 2017, 01:27:38 pm
So...What do either parties have to gain by waiting until after Memphis Championship game? Memphis? Are you kidding me. No way its Norvell and Im not buying Trey Biddy either
Us Texas raised Bawz werent raised that way. We are men of our word, and he said he wont be distracted from this Title game. SO WE WAIT>
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

The real Hogules

Oh, I can think of a couple million reasons a high quality, good recruiter of a DC might be willing to jump on board. And since your head coach wouldn't be costing us North of 6 million, it would be easily doable.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Pig in the Pokey

LOL, WAY OFF BUDDY. Hogs defense #122 out of 130!!! TERRIBLE, Memphis' defense- #88 (ThATS THIRTY FOUR SPOTS HIGHER)with #7 in takeaways and a top 10 Special teams.... AND the #1 offense out of 130!!! You are just flat foot wrong, Baw.

Oh, and even recruiting to that cesspool of a city his group is higher rated than Arkansas' in recruiting, too...