Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Per Trey Biddy...

Started by Busta_Nutt, November 29, 2017, 12:51:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Busta_Nutt

November 29, 2017, 12:51:09 pm Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:28:19 pm by Busta_Nutt
Source says Malzahn to announce he's taking an extension at Auburn.

Shifting the focus away from Malzahn - it sounds like Norvell, Morris, Venables, and Kiffin are the ones who will be getting the attention from here on. Personally, I'm fine with any of the four. Venables would be my biggest question mark, simply because the offensive scheme will be unknown.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Nosboar Accubond

Sources say... but then... if when... smoke screen firm dilly... dilly...

HF#1

Is that on HawgSports.com? Are you ripping off their inside info from the paysite and posting it here?
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Tusks

Shouldn't there be concern that Venables interviewed at MSU and was passed over for the OC from Penn St.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

ricepig

Quote from: HF#1 on November 29, 2017, 12:52:48 pm
Is that on HawgSports.com? Are you ripping off their inside info from the paysite and posting it here?

It would appear, OP should expect a nasty PM next time he logs in.....

HF#1

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 12:55:00 pm
It would appear, OP should expect a nasty PM next time he logs in.....

People just don't get it.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

Redhogs

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 12:51:53 pm
Been Norvell since Monday!
Dear gawd I hope you are right.  I will say this, it does seem his name being mentioned at other coaching searches other than ours has died way down...could be a good sign.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

online-with-swine

The real Hogules

Good for Ole Gus!
I guess this will end the "he loves that helmet" talk.
I'd have preferred Norvell anyway, so I consider this great news!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

ADavisTheGOAT

Glad this could finally be put to rest
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

The_Iceman

Also reported by Tommy Craft and Grant Hall.

Busta_Nutt

Friend of a friend. Not a member of HawgSports. Feel free to trash message.

SooieGeneris

If true, go get Norvell ASAP! Have a deal in place and keep it quiet until Sunday. If he wants to wear cornrows, dreads or shave it all off, get it done GOBN, JCP, Search firm or whoever.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

(Captain Kirk loud voice): "SEXTOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

jrulz83

Quote from: Karma on November 29, 2017, 01:02:08 pm

Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: online-with-swine on November 29, 2017, 12:56:48 pm
Thank God.

Yes. Because we certainly wouldn't want a 52-year old, Arkansas-born coach who's current team has beat two #1 ranked SEC teams and has his program in position to win a national championship. We don't want that.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

idochog

I thinking big bang theory.....seeeexxxxxtoonnnn
I love Jesus!

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on November 29, 2017, 01:02:08 pm
SHUT UP!!! Dont yell at Jimmy!!  ;D That dude has our backs. He represents Norvell and Kiffin, too. Calm yourself.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

solitons

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on November 29, 2017, 12:51:09 pm
"Source inside UA says to expect Malzahn to announce before the game that he's taking an extension and staying put at Auburn."

Shifting the focus away from Malzahn - it sounds like Norvell, Morris, Venables, and Kiffin are the ones who will be getting the attention from here on. Personally, I'm fine with any of the four. Venables would be my biggest question mark, simply because the offensive scheme will be unknown.
please focus on the other candidate ASAP

a0ashle

If true, this will upset a lot of people, but it's the healing we need. The next coach can be Gus Bus free.

rzrbackramsfan

Those hoping for Gus, I wouldn't worry about that statement. 

Razorpigg

Quote from: BILLYBOB on November 29, 2017, 01:08:47 pm
Yes. Because we certainly wouldn't want a 52-year old, Arkansas-born coach who's current team has beat two #1 ranked SEC teams and has his program in position to win a national championship. We don't want that.

Well hes not and wasnt coming unless he lost. So that tells me he really would rather be elsewhere. I could care less where his wife wants to be, that wont win us football games. Gimme the guy that wants the job, period.

Pig in the Pokey

with Auburn's 5*s, baw.

Ill take that #1 offense at Memphis.
@Slackaveli

isavedjazz

An elite coach who competes for nattys??? Nah. #UNCOMMON
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Soooie21

I believe that the UofA have been trying to get Gus to say no, so they could move on.....

ShadowHawg

What a pitiful group of fall back guys. Oh well, the curse continues.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: tusked on November 29, 2017, 12:54:29 pm
Shouldn't there be concern that Venables interviewed at MSU and was passed over for the OC from Penn St.

No because he can make jack at Clemson and holdout for better such as a destination job not a stepping stone.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

HoggyCat

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 29, 2017, 01:00:32 pm
If true, go get Norvell ASAP! Have a deal in place and keep it quiet until Sunday. If he wants to wear cornrows, dreads or shave it all off, get it done GOBN, JCP, Search firm or whoever.

Better find a defense and an SEC caliber staff. He doesn't have either one right now. Thai isn't the AAC.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

The NewEra

I'm not believing anything until it's confirmed by an administration official with Auburn or Arkansas.

JONAS

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 29, 2017, 01:13:34 pm
Better find a defense and an SEC caliber staff. He doesn't have either one right now. Thai isn't the AAC.

I agree, but BB didn't have one either. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

checkraiser88

Biddy and Kirk are the last ones that know anything. I feel bad for the people who are paying for that content

Torqued pork

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 01:10:59 pm
with Auburn's 5*s, baw.

Ill take that #1 offense at Memphis.
Yeah I figure we'll need upgraded scoreboards to keep up with all the scoring we will have against all of the crappy SEC defenses.

parallaxpig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 29, 2017, 12:51:53 pm
Been Norvell since Monday!

I hope your right cuz I think he's the guy....
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

EastexHawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on November 29, 2017, 12:58:09 pm
Also reported by Tommy Craft and Grant Hall.

Was that when they were talking about how Tim Horton should get the job?

I'm out of state and just trying to follow along.

duckman

Quote from: The NewEra on November 29, 2017, 01:14:24 pm
I'm not believing anything until it's confirmed by an administration official with Auburn or Arkansas.

Smart

GaRazorbackFan

If this is true, Gus needs to make his announcement now or he never gave a flip about his home state, his team, the team that actually gave him his first college coaching job.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 01:19:14 pm
Smart

Meanwhile, I'm watching my favorite movie of all time......

Man on Fire
This is my non-signature signature.

hobhog

He will be back on the hot list after first bad game next year. But rich.

HF#1

I don't think anything is believable at the moment. Gus could very well have Auburn's extension and our offer sitting in front of him.

If he accepts our offer, we won't know it until after the Playoffs so you should prepare for that. If he signs Auburn's extension, we'll know before the kickoff of the SEC Championship game.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: HF#1 on November 29, 2017, 01:21:18 pm
I don't think anything is believable at the moment. Gus could very well have Auburn's extension and our offer sitting in front of him.

If he accepts our offer, we won't know it until after the Playoffs so you should prepare for that. If he signs Auburn's extension, we'll know before the kickoff of the SEC Championship game.
Gus has until tomorrow or we're moving on...Now doesn't mean he'll be announced as HC tomorrow but agree to a deal in principle with an announcement Sunday. If not, Venables will be named HC sunday.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hog Milanese

If Gus doesn't come home, we should make it so he never can. Can a State have a restraining order against a man and his descendants for all eternity?

ricepig

Quote from: duckman on November 29, 2017, 01:19:14 pm
Smart

I doubt Arkansas will announce a contract extension for Gus @ Auburn......

HyperDrive

Quote from: HF#1 on November 29, 2017, 01:21:18 pm

The mental gymnastics it takes to think that Gus would accept or intend to accept an offer from Arkansas but wait until after he's coached Auburn through the playoffs is worthy of Olympic Gold.

redeye

Ford won a national championship before he came to Arkansas and we fired him.

jimmur74

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on November 29, 2017, 01:23:14 pm
Gus has until tomorrow or we're moving on...
That would be best for all concerned.

GuvHog

Quote from: ricepig on November 29, 2017, 01:23:51 pm
I doubt Arkansas will announce a contract extension for Gus @ Auburn......

They would however, announce that Gus is no longer a candidate and they are moving on.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Kicking Wing

Just paraphrase it.  You cannot protect thoughts or general information.  Just don't copy and paste and it's all good.