Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Joe Moorhead to MSU

Started by stinkyhog, November 28, 2017, 08:37:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

lechon

that is what everyone wants  ;)
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Sir Winston Churchill                                                                                  
There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true. -  Sir Winston Churchill

That could be a big time hire for them.

WilsonHog

Can you imagine Hogville right now if Moorhead was our guy?

ChicoHog

Great hire on paper.  I think Franklin will miss him.  Miss st did not waste any time.  Kudos to them for getting Moorhead.

rtr

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 28, 2017, 08:43:10 pm
Important to hire the right guy not the biggest name. 
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

farmhawg

Unfortunately, Yes.......
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Arkansas Fan

SwinedMelon

Man, I hope we do better than that.... if we don't, goodbye football tix. hello basketball tix. for me at least.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

ifghog

Quote from: SwinedMelon on November 28, 2017, 08:51:37 pm
Man, I hope we do better than that.... if we don't, goodbye football tix. hello basketball tix. for me at least.
Who do you want? That actually could be a great hire!

King Kong

That won't gain them any help on the recruiting trail.

But may end up being a good hire. Hopefully, Miss St turns back into Miss St

Porkette

They sure got their hire done quickly.
GO HOGS GO!

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

xxtomassxx1980

I chuckled a little at the last name.

I would be happy with it. But most wouldn't.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: ifghog on November 28, 2017, 08:54:12 pm
Who do you want? That actually could be a great hire!
It could be.... I have just become that bored with our football program while baseball and basketball are getting exciting. Razorback football is my first love, though. I guess I just know nothing about him. Twitter like Moorhead. (thats a sucky name... as in net positive suction head kinda sucky, dirty minded child)
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

jcul28

He was one of my top "up and comer" choices.

BOAR_N2BWILD

I was hoping for Moorehead too.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

HOGSWEAT

Heck of a coach, but not going to drive fan interest immediately. They'll get interested when he starts winning

Hogarusa

Quote from: SwinedMelon on November 28, 2017, 08:51:37 pm

What dont you like about him?
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Hawghiggs

Damn. Did everyone else die?

rtr

I think it is an imaginative out of the box hire.  I like an AD who does his/her homework.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

ThisTeetsTaken

***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

HogPharmer

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pig in the Pokey

omg id lose my mind.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hogwild

I remember before the season reading that he turned down a pair of HC offers last season. Good hire.

Boston RedHogs

Has anyone here actually watched Penn State's offense this season?

Outside of OU and possibly Auburn, they've had the most potent and dynamic offense in P5 college football.

Solid hire for MSU if true....

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on November 28, 2017, 10:17:32 pm
Has anyone here actually watched Penn State's offense this season?

Outside of OU and possibly Auburn, they've had the most potent and dynamic offense in P5 college football.

Solid hire for MSU if true....

True. I just wonder if it was the players or the coaches. They most certainly have some studs.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Boston RedHogs

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 28, 2017, 10:23:24 pm
True. I just wonder if it was the players or the coaches. They most certainly have some studs.

It always takes great players to execute at a high level.

But in football, probably more so than other popular sports, superior coaching shines brightest

BroyledNutts

hoglady

Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

The Hawg Marshal

jgphillips3

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on November 28, 2017, 11:31:22 pm
Who wouldn't like Moorhead?

No doubt.  We should all be down with Moorhead.  I just hope this isn't premature.

The Kig

Quote from: Karma on November 28, 2017, 09:05:44 pm
I would be happy with it. But most wouldn't.

Always happy with Moorhead...
Poker Porker

Kneph13

Gimme Moorhead till I'm dead ;)
There is no Political Correctness in war

TrueBlue

hawgmasta

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on November 28, 2017, 10:23:24 pm

I think he's a solid coach; a good gamble to see if it works out. I willl say he does have an elite zeke/dmac type HB which helps a lot. Then again he could start off with a great QB in Fitzgerald.

davril98

Moorehead would definitely make me smile!

rljjr

ricehog43

Quote from: Karma on November 28, 2017, 08:42:07 pm
That could be a big time hire for them.
Yeah apparently they hit a home run with him. And they say they were really surprised how sought after the position was amongst college football professionals. Mullen really built MSU into something legit.
U of A Alum 2011.

go hogues

Quote from: ricehog43 on November 29, 2017, 10:00:48 am
Yeah apparently they hit a home run with him. And they say they were really surprised how sought after the position was amongst college football professionals. Mullen really built MSU into something legit.
MSU's leadership seems to be about the best in the country. To see what they have done there with the most limited resources in the SEC AND being the little brother to the state's flagship university, you have to give them credit. The University of Arkansas' leadership could learn much from their creative and competitive nature.

HOWEVER, as a guy who has never coached a down west of Akron, Ohio, it will be interesting to see how he fits in Mississippi and the SEC recruiting footprint.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: go hogues on November 29, 2017, 10:07:59 am
MSU's leadership seems to be about the best in the country. To see what they have done there with the most limited resources in the SEC AND being the little brother to the state's flagship university, you have to give them credit. The University of Arkansas' leadership could learn much from their creative and competitive nature.

HOWEVER, as a guy who has never coached a down west of Akron, Ohio, it will be interesting to see how he fits in Mississippi and the SEC recruiting footprint.
Well he could certainly end up being a great hire for them. Obviously we'll just have to wait and see. I will remind you that we just saw another BIG 10 coach who was just fired from an SEC program. And he had actually been a HC and fairly successful one I might add at his previous job. While the two situations don't necessarily equate, I would withhold judgment on how good of a hire this will turn out to be. Hopefully for us it will fall flat as a pancake.