Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gundy Interviewing w/ Tennessee (ESPN)

Started by BigK_HogHeaven, November 28, 2017, 11:43:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigK_HogHeaven

If Gundy is interested in Tenn I have to think he'd be willing to listen if we offered him the job.  We're a better job than Tennessee is right now. That place is a revolving door that could literally erupt in flames at any moment.  From what I've heard he was ready to come to Fayetteville in 2012, why not try to get him now? Would be a grand slam. 

davril98

Maybe we are Trying to get him. Probably is him since he's the one weve heard the least about

redneckfriend

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 28, 2017, 11:43:00 am
If Gundy is interested in Tenn I have to think he'd be willing to listen if we offered him the job.  We're a better job than Tennessee is right now. That place is a revolving door that could literally erupt in flames at any moment.  From what I've heard he was ready to come to Fayetteville in 2012, why not try to get him now? Would be a grand slam.

Sorry to throw ice water on your fantasy but Tennessee has a far higher ceiling than Arkansas. The right coach could turn them back into a powerhouse. There has been a big power vacuum in the east- Georgia and Florida are rushing to fill it but with the right coach Tennessee can be in the mix. We unfortunately are so close to Alabama (and Auburn and LSU and A&M) and so far from God.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: davril98 on November 28, 2017, 11:45:24 am
Maybe we are Trying to get him. Probably is him since he's the one weve heard the least about

That is usually the case

Pig in the Pokey

Make it happen. The Arkansas Waterfall needs to be on The Hill. Might as well be that orange one, tho!!!!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: redneckfriend on November 28, 2017, 11:49:32 am
Sorry to throw ice water on your fantasy but Tennessee has a far higher ceiling than Arkansas. The right coach could turn them back into a powerhouse. There has been a big power vacuum in the east- Georgia and Florida are rushing to fill it but with the right coach Tennessee can be in the mix. We unfortunately are so close to Alabama (and Auburn and LSU and A&M) and so far from God.

Oh I don't doubt their ceiling is higher, but who would want to go there right now with all the drama surrounding that program? Gundy would leave basically a retirement contract in Stillwater for a "win the East in 4 years or you're done" contract in Knox

HF#1

Every year there is a school that tickles his balls for a day or two and he goes back to Okie State. I'm sure this is no different. Hell we have done it 3 or 4 times.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 11:51:49 am
Make it happen. The Arkansas Waterfall needs to be on The Hill. Might as well be that orange one, tho!!!!

Thought you said Norvell was a done deal?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 28, 2017, 11:52:50 am
Thought you said Norvell was a done deal?
he is! What I hear and believe anyway. What I was saying was- tennessee's poser arses say "The Hill", too. Gundy looks better in Orange. I just want that mullet in the SEC (His mullet has a name- "Arkansas Waterfall"). Sorry for the confusion.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BOAR_N2BWILD

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Calling All Hogs

Vols just floating some trial balloons to see if his name sparks any riots. :)

Silent

They supposedly offered him $8.4 million. He gone lol

bob slydell

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 28, 2017, 11:51:55 am
Oh I don't doubt their ceiling is higher, but who would want to go there right now with all the drama surrounding that program? Gundy would leave basically a retirement contract in Stillwater for a "win the East in 4 years or you're done" contract in Knox

The Tenner roster is loaded compared to ours.  A good coaching hire to get the most out of that talent would calm the waters considerably and quickly.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 11:53:52 am
he is! What I hear and believe anyway. What I was saying was- tennessee's poser arses say "The Hill", too. Gundy looks better in Orange. I just want that mullet in the SEC (His mullet has a name- "Arkansas Waterfall"). Sorry for the confusion.

No problem! I'd like to keep him out of the SEC unless he comes here.  He's a dang good coach.  And that mullet is a thing of legend

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: Silent on November 28, 2017, 11:59:03 am
If true I'd be surprised if Okie State tried to match that.

BigK_HogHeaven

Quote from: Bob Slydell on November 28, 2017, 11:59:37 am
The Tenner roster is loaded compared to ours.  A good coaching hire to get the most out of that talent would calm the waters considerably and quickly.

Still, a big risk.  I'd stay put if I were him

HogPharmer

Only $8.4? They are paying Schiano $20M and he never even coached a practice. I'd be ticked if I was offered that measly change.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Pigstie

The views and opinions of this poster are personal only, and are not one of a professional coach or X Box player.  Beware the Mall Cop.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Calling All Hogs on November 28, 2017, 12:03:17 pm
If true I'd be surprised if Okie State tried to match that.
i agree. They may go for kiffin. Or , Bring Back Les? Or , Mike Leach. All could be had for ~3million.

Silent

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 12:06:48 pm
Only $8.4? They are paying Schiano $20M and he never even coached a practice. I'd be ticked if I was offered that measly change.

Has the 20 mil thing ever been stated officially? I figured that was a rumor.

SDZ_Hog

Jimmy is loving this time of the year. "Show me the money"

root_hawg

HogPharmer

Quote from: Silent on November 28, 2017, 12:14:31 pm
Has the 20 mil thing ever been stated officially? I figured that was a rumor.

I'm sure it is just a rumor. Tenn may be on the hook somewhat but my understanding was that Schiano hadn't officially signed any sort of contract yet. More or less a gentlemen's agreement he would be the HC, then all hell broke loose.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Silent

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 12:23:41 pm
I'm sure it is just a rumor. Tenn may be on the hook somewhat but my understanding was that Schiano hadn't officially signed any sort of contract yet. More or less a gentlemen's agreement he would be the HC, then all hell broke loose.

That's what I figure also. 20 mill for never officially getting a job sounds borderline insane lol

The real Hogules

Word on the street is Tennessee gave the OSU head man 24 hours to mullett over.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

navyhog24

Quote from: HogPharmer on November 28, 2017, 12:23:41 pm

That memorandum of understanding (the gentleman's agreement) was never fully signed, so they have no contractual obligation to Schiano. Schiano needs to drop this if ever he dreams of being a head coach again. After the child molestation issue and now trying to sue a school, no school will ever consider him for head coach ever again.

Tusks

I thought Long had a verbal agreement with Gundy but couldn't help himself and found out BB was interested and left Gundy hanging.

Another example of Long putting Long first.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: tusked on November 28, 2017, 12:55:45 pm
I thought Long had a verbal agreement with Gundy but couldn't help himself and found out BB was interested and left Gundy hanging.

Another example of Long putting Long first.

The fact he supposedly let Gundy go to hire BB makes my disdain for him even bigger.

Regardless how this turns out, I'm glad they sent him packing.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 28, 2017, 11:51:49 am
We've already hired a coach. There's a dumbass all over Hogville talking about it.

Brass Knob

Seems like a ploy to get more money out of Ok. State.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Karma on November 28, 2017, 01:03:17 pm
We've already hired a coach. There's a dumbass all over Hogville talking about it.
you dont know his hair is called "The Arkansas Waterfall"? Or you didnt know that Tennessee is called "The Hill" , too? Man, you need to get out more!

Tusks

Gundy is a do more with less kind of coach, which I like.  The thing is he lives in TX for recruits and you have wonder if he can convert that over to Knoxville.  It's really easy to drive from Dallas to Stillwater versus Dallas to Knoxville.

I also don't think his offense won't be received as well at UT.

He's a build it from the 'outside' in guy instead of the 'inside' out guy and UT still believes in the power running.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

HoggieStyle

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 28, 2017, 12:26:49 pm

Nice.

247Hog

Quote from: HF#1 on November 28, 2017, 11:52:14 am
Every year there is a school that tickles his balls for a day or two and he goes back to Okie State. I'm sure this is no different. Hell we have done it 3 or 4 times.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

hoggusamoungus

Curry needs to save his arse so I wouldn't be surprised what they offer him.  Getting Gundy would make everyone forget the Schiano meltdown.

ricehog43

If Gundy is looking, why aren't we all over it?
U of A Alum 2011.

hogsanity

Quote from: ricehog43 on November 28, 2017, 01:22:26 pm

Gundy may be tired of playing 2nd fiddle to OU, so why would he come here and play 5th fiddle to Bama/LSU/AUb/A&M? Go to the sece where right now you just have to beat GA to be the big dog.

Plus he already used the Hogs once or twice to get a raise, he may feel trying it a 3rd time would be pushing his luck.

Or the Hogs may name him as HC in 20 minutes
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GoHogzzGo

I can’t stand that guy for some reason. He is a BS artist. With that stupid friggin hair.

But dude can coach, I’ll give him that. Us or Tenner would be lucky to have him.
Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal.

Brass Knob

Quote from: ricehog43 on November 28, 2017, 01:22:26 pm

Maybe they realized he is just looking for another pay raise...

hogsanity

Quote from: GoHogzzGo on November 28, 2017, 01:33:09 pm
I can't stand that guy for some reason. He is a BS artist. With that stupid friggin hair.

But dude can coach, I'll give him that. Us or Tenner would be lucky to have him.

gave up 40+ 4 times and 39 in another game. Just another coach with no desire to field a defense that can stop anyone with even a average offense. They gave up 45 to K-State and 42 to Iowa state. Neither of those offenses are anything to brag about.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TexasRazorback

Looks like Gundy and Tenner are meeting today in Dallas. Rumblings in Stillwater is Gundy and pickens have been in a feud and Gundy wants out after 28 yrs in Stillwater

Next1_04

No decision from Gundy today. Per Twitter

BR

VERY Interesting:  Gundy must want out if this is true.. 

Brett McMurphy‏Verified account @Brett_McMurphy

While reporting Mike Gundy & Tennessee story, I have confirmed Florida officials had discussions w/Gundy. Former OSU coach Pat Jones said Monday UF had offered Gundy the job before hiring Dan Mullen
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

thebignasty

We ought to get in the Grundy sweepstakes.  He'd be a great fit here.
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

Oliver

Two things...

1.  The Vols are going to make out like bandits if they dumped Schiano to end up with Gundy.

2.  This whole ordeal will shut up the "Gundy doesn't want to leave OSU" talk that's been going on for way too long.

Locutus_of_Boar

This should be fun UT vs. T. Boone for Gumby.

SlickWilly

Quote from: BigK_HogHeaven on November 28, 2017, 11:51:55 am

I agree - At this point Arkansas is a better job than Tennessee. If you were a coach, would you rather coach at a place where fans will riot if you don't win ten games a year or come to Arkansas where we'll build a statute of you if you average 8.5 wins consistently?

Plus Fayetteville is a top three SEC town to live in.

BR

Tennessee is looking to land Gundy is with a hefty contract, at $8.4 million per year, and a conversation with Tennessee legend Peyton Manning.    https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/ 

Oklahoma State's Mike Gundy met with Tennessee officials in Dallas on Tuesday, but no decision is expected from Gundy today, sources said.

Gundy had already notified Oklahoma State officials, as required by his contract, of his intention to meet with Tennessee, sources said.

Among the phone conversations Gundy had with Tennessee leading up to Tuesday, included a phone call from former Vols QB Peyton Manning.

Tennessee hopes to land Gundy after its agreement with Ohio State defensive coordinator Greg Schiano blew up behind negative feedback from the Vols' fanbase. Tennessee also reached out to Duke's David Cutcliffe.

Is Gundy, who has talked with other schools in the past, serious about leaving his alma mater? One source says "absolutely," while another isn't so sure. "You might as well say (Nick) Saban is up for the Rice job," the source said.

Sources said Gundy has had "frustrations" in the past with Oklahoma State's administration, especially with his most recent contract negotiations. Gundy recently received a new contract from OSU, worth $4.2 million a year, increasing $125,000 each year. Tennessee could easily top that amount, sources said.

After the 2012 season, Gundy was offered the Vols job, but he turned it down. UT ultimately hired Butch Jones. Sources said last year, he had discussions with Baylor, but the Bears hired Matt Rhule.

Sources said Gundy spoke with Florida officials recently about the Gators job before they hired Dan Mullen.

Gundy has been at Oklahoma State 13 seasons and is the school's winningest coach. He's taken the Cowboys to bowls in 12 consecutive seasons.

BR

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: The real Hogules on November 28, 2017, 12:26:49 pm
Yep, I most certainly see what you did there. ;) :D :P