Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Let’s get Kevin Sumlin

Started by HeyHogs, November 26, 2017, 03:28:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HeyHogs

Hogsmo Kramer

Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

RazorPiggie

mountainhog

devildoghawg

Good lord.  Can you folks just take a deep breath.
Quote from: kingofdequeen on July 25, 2013, 06:21:48 pm
If you've got a dumba** son, do you love him any less?  no.  you just overlook his faults b/c you love him.  At least that's what my dad does.

Dark Helmet Hog

farmhawg

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 26, 2017, 03:28:54 pm
He knows how to win in the SEC.
Keep trolling. What team do you root for?
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Muleriderhog

What makes you think hiring a coach, who just got fired from our own division, is a good idea?  ??? ???

Ragnar Hogbrok

Reminds me of the threads when we fired Nutt.

Let's go get:

Butch.
Grobe .
Gruden.
Venables.
Strong.
Gus.
Gundy.
Etc.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

HoggusMaximus

onebadrubi

Geeze I feel sorry for some people

Hollywood870

I think someone gets a steal in Sumlin.

HeyHogs

We can and very likely will do worse.  Venables has zero HC experience.  If we hire an " up and comer" assistant, we are not serious about improving the football program.

Hog Waller

I would seriously consider turning in my fan card if Arkansas hired him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 26, 2017, 03:51:11 pm
We can and very likely will do worse.  Venables has zero HC experience.  If we hire an " up and comer" assistant, we are not serious about improving the football program.

By hiring a guy who couldn't win without Johnny M and had an issue with being a minor league program for good QB's to transfer to other schools?

No to sumlin

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Grumpypenguin

I like Sumlin but his teams got progressively worse at Texas A&M while having good recruiting classes

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

PossumFan

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 26, 2017, 03:51:11 pm

Every head coach, successful ones included, was an "up-and-comer" assistant first.

Arkansas Fan

Hire a coach that just got fired from another SEC job for not winning enough games.

That would make Arkansas look weak.

You always hire a winner.

corpitguy

HogFansReunited

My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

007 License To Squeal

******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

ThisTeetsTaken

Would be a decent hire in all honesty. 
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

East Clintwood

But he doesn't know how to win in November.

And part of October.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

docryde3

He wasn't fired for winning. Ole Miss made that bad decision once going after Nutt. There is a reason he was let go just like Nutt.
Woo Pig Sooie

HeyHogs

HeyHogs

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 26, 2017, 04:55:06 pm
Hire a coach that just got fired from another SEC job for not winning enough games.

And you think Venebles is a proven winner?

idochog

Not to mention rumors saying he's a huge drunk
I love Jesus!

Locutus_of_Boar

He knew how to beat Bret Bielema which no longer counts as SEC experience.  Mostly he knows how to get off to fast starts and fold up at the end of every year.

Hog Waller

Quote from: idochog on November 26, 2017, 05:12:10 pm
Not to mention rumors saying he's a huge drunk

Always wondered if he was after listening to any of his interviews.

hogfooey

If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

mweston

No discipline, and doesn't typically win in October and November.

MissippHog

Hogman2

The_Iceman

Arkansas Fan

Quote from: HeyHogs on November 26, 2017, 05:11:08 pm
And you think Venebles is a proven winner?

He may not have any HC experience but he's been a big part in OU and Clemson's winning.

ThisTeetsTaken

YodaHog

Looks like he is Tennessee's next target.

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: YodaHog on November 30, 2017, 12:46:28 pm
Looks like he is Tennessee's next target.
Pretty sure we all are Tennessee's next target.

Hogcycle

Quote from: The Chief on November 26, 2017, 03:37:56 pm
Reminds me of the threads when we fired Nutt.

Let's go get:

Butch.
Grobe .
Gruden.
Venables.
Strong.
Gus.
Gundy.
Etc.

Agree but we were stupid not to take Gus at the time.

farmhawg

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on November 30, 2017, 12:47:23 pm
Pretty sure we all are Tennessee's next target.
I turned them down yesterday afternoon......dumpster fire.
From theflyinghog

USChog

He under performed at A&M, he will under perform at Arkansas. 

HogPharmer

Knowing how to win IN the SEC and knowing how to WIN THE SEC are two different things. He'd definitely be an upgrade over CBB, but I'll pass.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Swinefeld

He had ridiculous recruiting classes and a ton of support to make it happen there.  I don't think his style can get it done in the SEC.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Arkansas Fan on November 26, 2017, 04:55:06 pm

IMO W/L record alone is not the reason why Sumlin was canned, the off field, as the world turns QB saga'(s) along with his drunkenness issues is the reason they pulled the plug. If the personnel and off field personal embarassments didn't exist he would still be there.

HogPharmer

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on November 30, 2017, 04:13:13 pm
IMO W/L record alone is not the reason why Sumlin was canned, the off field, as the world turns QB saga'(s) along with his drunkenness issues is the reason they pulled the plug. If the personnel and off field personal embarassments didn't exist he would still be there.

I agree. He seemed to run off 5 star QBs seemingly every year while he was there. We can't have that here.
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.