Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Found this exercise fun

Started by Nosboar Accubond, November 22, 2017, 06:29:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

I am not sayin this years team is on the level of the '93 squad, but it's fun to watch this:

https://youtu.be/QyMTgTJRk-w

Then watch this:

https://youtu.be/U2nKBFtbFA4

You can feel it, it's still there someplace, hidden just beneath the surface.

rotaryDial

I don't post often, but comparing those 2 videos made the hair on my neck stand, and I couldn't contain myself. 

The other day there was a post about why we go by the 'Fastest 40' now instead of '40 minutes of hell'.  After watching these 2 videos it was obvious.  We have the talent and the athletes to bring back '40 minutes of hell', the videos prove that, the only part we lack is the noise, the environment, the relentless fans on their feet screaming at the top of their lungs, that's what made it hell. We have the players in place, now it's up to us, and once we do, we will blow the roof off like we use to, and hell will be back for anyone who dares come challenge us. 

It's great to be excited about hoops again.

FineAsSwine

That Missouri team we beat in the 93-94 season ended up going undefeated in the Big Eight and went to the Elite Eight in the NCAA tournament. Doubt if this years Bucknell squad ends up being as good as that Missouri team from back then.

Hogs up! Covid down!

rotaryDial

Quote from: FineAsSwine on November 22, 2017, 10:09:32 am
That Missouri team we beat in the 93-94 season ended up going undefeated in the Big Eight and went to the Elite Eight in the NCAA tournament. Doubt if this years Bucknell squad ends up being as good as that Missouri team from back then.

I almost commented about that as well because I knew someone would mention it. I didn't say we were going to win it all, just as the original 40 minutes of hell didn't always win.  I was merely commenting about how this team reminds me of the old days and the only thing we lack is the Bud being packed.  But thanks for chiming in negative Nancy.   Just messin' with ya bro, I see your point. However lets not forget that, although this Bucknell team may not set the world on fire, they did give #9 UNC fits at home.  Actually, if memory serves me correct, that Missouri team lost to the #9 ranked Arizona Wildcats by 20 at a neutral site. 

FineAsSwine

Quote from: rotaryDial on November 22, 2017, 10:27:58 am
I almost commented about that as well because I knew someone would mention it. I didn't say we were going to win it all, just as the original 40 minutes of hell didn't always win.  I was merely commenting about how this team reminds me of the old days and the only thing we lack is the Bud being packed.  But thanks for chiming in negative Nancy.   Just messin' with ya bro, I see your point. However lets not forget that, although this Bucknell team may not set the world on fire, they did give #9 UNC fits at home.  Actually, if memory serves me correct, that Missouri team lost to the #9 ranked Arizona Wildcats by 20 at a neutral site.

It's all good. I am cautiously optimistic as we approach the PK80 and find out just where we rank at this point in the season. Could be a coming out party for the Hogs. If this years Hogs are anything like the '94 team, we would likely win all three games.
Hogs up! Covid down!

Nosboar Accubond

Point: We are closer right now to Arkansas basketball than we've been in 20 years. We just have to keep coming together, fans and players, and keep swinging. We've not arrived, probably won't this year, but the landing gear is lowering...

lumphog

Quote from: rotaryDial on November 22, 2017, 09:33:10 am
I don't post often, but comparing those 2 videos made the hair on my neck stand, and I couldn't contain myself. 

The other day there was a post about why we go by the 'Fastest 40' now instead of '40 minutes of hell'.  After watching these 2 videos it was obvious.  We have the talent and the athletes to bring back '40 minutes of hell', the videos prove that, the only part we lack is the noise, the environment, the relentless fans on their feet screaming at the top of their lungs, that's what made it hell. We have the players in place, now it's up to us, and once we do, we will blow the roof off like we use to, and hell will be back for anyone who dares come challenge us. 

It's great to be excited about hoops again.

Great post buddy....We're comin and HELL'S comin with us