Hogs beat Auburn

Started by Hogopolis, October 18, 2017, 07:37:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

I hope we win.

But this team has zero mental toughness

GuvHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 19, 2017, 10:15:33 am
You can call them struggling all you want but what I saw was speed and physical strength all over the field for both teams.  Didn’t realize Guice has been hurt most of the season.  He gashed and wore Auburn’s front 7 down.  Who in the Hogs will gash and wear down Auburn’s D?  You people are dreaming.  The closest UA will get to Auburn is another moral victory by not getting beat by 50.

You want to believe you saw that but it isn't what happened. Auburn's defense struggled against an average LSU Offense. LSU was unranked for a reason. They aren't as good as you want to believe. If Auburn is as good as some people on here want to believe, Then there is no way LSU should have won that game.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

LJHOG

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 10:34:01 am
You want to believe you saw that but it isn't what happened. Auburn's defense struggled against an average LSU Offense. LSU was unranked for a reason. They aren't as good as you want to believe. If Auburn is as good as some people on here want to believe, Then there is no way LSU should have won that game.
I saw two teams with SEC players playing with SEC intensity.  We have Sun Belt players playing with HS intensity.

31to6

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 19, 2017, 06:45:49 am
To have a chance to win this game I estimate that we will need to rush for 190 yards and pass for 250 while limiting Auburn to 140 rushing and 250 passing. By the way, we will need a FG in this game. Can that happen? Absolutely. Will it? Up to the team and coaching staff.
We need multiple 3-and-out's. Which means you have to win first down. That why Willy the 'stache always had their number even though CBMFP always wanted a 'bend-don't-break' offense for the most part. We would break tendencies on defense against Gus to put him behind the chains.

If you get 3 3-and-outs in the first half, hold a couple other drives to FGs and then keep up your own reasonable offensive production throughout the game you can beat a spread team because you can pound their defense into submission and break their spirit.

texas tush hog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 19, 2017, 06:45:49 am
To have a chance to win this game I estimate that we will need to rush for 190 yards and pass for 250 while limiting Auburn to 140 rushing and 250 passing. By the way, we will need a FG in this game. Can that happen? Absolutely. Will it? Up to the team and coaching staff.

This after our field kicker missed an extra point.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hogopolis on October 18, 2017, 07:37:35 pm
I can shake this feeling.   I feel Cole Kelley will pass for 300 yards and lead the offense up and down the field mixing in the hurry up offense.  Hogs win 41-35.   After the game it is announced Austin Allen's shoulder will keep him sidelined another couple weeks.  It's Kelleys team now, for the next 3 and 1/2 years. 
I'll have whatever you are having! Will give you props if you show back up to this thread after the game. I'm betting you won't though.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

GuvHog

Quote from: The ColonelHog on October 19, 2017, 12:04:07 pm
Now I get it!  Clemson was over rated because they lost to Cuse so Auburn playing them close is meaningless.  LSU lost to Troy so they are no good because upsets NEVER happen in CFB and they beat Auburn so Auburn is no good.  Wait, I can’t follow all this logic!  Auburn and LSU are packed full of NFL talent all over the field consisting of speed and strength!  Both of those teams are going to line up and whip the snot out of our poorly coached Hogs!  Stop spreading false hope by declaring “oh wait, they aren’t that good.”  The gap in talent is humongous and it won’t be made up for through superior coaching.  You think USCe RBs and LBs feasted on pork?  Wait til you get a load of Auburn’s and LSUs RBs and LBs!

I've seen plenty of both LSU and Auburn. What I stated is true. Auburn is good but they aren't close to Bama good.

texhog22

Quote from: BigBrandonAllenFan on October 18, 2017, 08:40:26 pm
I'm kinda with the OP here.  I think Arkansas may indeed pull this one off.  Auburn isn't exactly gang busters, and Arkansas is taking a big step down in class of competition this week.  Kinda like a horse that just ran eighth in a field of twelve and then drops to race for the half the purse next time out.
Man yall stop! Against us Auburn will look like the 85 Chicago bears Saturday. Bank on it

Roaringboar

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 08:03:23 am
Yes I have. Last Saturday I watched a struggling unranked LSU team spot Auburn 17 points then watched a struggling LSU offense come back to beat Auburn while their struggling Defense held Auburn's high powered offense to 7 points in the second half. Auburn's defense struggled against an average LSU offense last Saturday.

Unranked LSU is now ranked......LSU may be struggling this season, but they are far from being a bad team.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Rayzback

Quote from: texhog22 on October 19, 2017, 02:34:11 pm
Man yall stop! Against us Auburn will look like the 85 Chicago bears Saturday. Bank on it

They're not looking for trouble, just want a place to shuffle?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Al Boarland

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 02:06:56 pm
I've seen plenty of both LSU and Auburn. What I stated is true. Auburn is good but they aren't close to Bama good.
The problem is we are bad, so it doesn't matter what team is close to Bama good.

Grunt

Quote from: logic on October 19, 2017, 08:51:38 am
Actually, the Hogs might win. Based on the money-lines which on average are remarkably accurate, Arkansas has almost a 20 percent chance of winning.
Stated "if we were to play them 5 times, we'd win 1" gives me a better sense of .... well no, more like 4%, wish I could find a bookie. Bet AU to cover the 14.5
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

GuvHog

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 19, 2017, 03:24:46 pm
Unranked LSU is now ranked......LSU may be struggling this season, but they are far from being a bad team.....

I didn't say they are bad. I said they are struggling.

GuvHog

Quote from: Al Boarland on October 19, 2017, 04:15:13 pm
The problem is we are bad, so it doesn’t matter what team is close to Bama good.

Actually the offense is quite a bit better with Kelley at QB.

Athog

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on October 18, 2017, 07:57:08 pm
Only way hogs beat auburn is if you are playing ncaa football 2013

Sounds like that makes you happy?

Al Boarland

Quote from: GuvHog on October 19, 2017, 04:28:30 pm
Actually the offense is quite a bit better with Kelley at QB.

Show me the stats.