Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CK and Uptempo

Started by EastTNHog, October 16, 2017, 11:08:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastTNHog

Said in his interview that things were rolling with that style, and I agree.  Uptempo keeps a defense on its heels and lots of plays can be executed out of the shotgun.  Think CBB will swallow the humble pill and start to use some more uptempo?

DoctorSusscrofa

Quote from: EastTNHog on October 16, 2017, 11:08:16 am
Said in his interview that things were rolling with that style, and I agree.  Uptempo keeps a defense on its heels and lots of plays can be executed out of the shotgun.  Think CBB will swallow the humble pill and start to use some more uptempo?

I doubt that he'll do it for entire games though. And with our lack of power and strength that may be the only way we can pick up wins.

I don't much like uptempo.  But I'll tolerate it if it can get us out of our slump.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

EastTNHog

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 16, 2017, 11:36:11 am
I doubt that he'll do it for entire games though. And with our lack of power and strength that may be the only way we can pick up wins.

I don't much like uptempo.  But I'll tolerate it if it can get us out of our slump.
Yep just what I was thinking.

MountieDawg

Instead of a humble pill, tell him its PIE, he will eat it!
SEC!

CPO Hog

Uptempo is better than golf tempo. I not talking HUNH tempo, but dang, snap the ball already and give the players the chance to get into a game time rhythm.

hawgon

AA played in that sort of system in high school and would have done better in it too.

Danny J

10 to 1 says Bielema ball back on full display Saturday. 

azhog10

Quote from: Danny J on October 16, 2017, 12:43:23 pm
10 to 1 says Bielema ball back on full display Saturday.
He said today they still want to huddle up. May use the up-tempo from time to time, but will still huddle up most of the time.

Enos said he likes the uptempo, but when they use it is CBB's call.

ToddW

Based on what i have seen over the past few years, is Bert sets the game plan.  "Dan you know I want run that draw play our first offensive possession."  Do we think that if Enos had more of a say so in terms of what is the offensive strategy of the game then we could work around our gaps with the OLine.  From what little i watched of the game the players seemed to respond with the uptempo offense better.
I bleed Cardinal, Go Hogs!

Vantage 8 dude

I would say that if it helps the offense stay on the field longer (somewhat of an oxymoron I realize) and more importantly it helps us put more points on the board, then I say ""Go for it". Anything to help our beleaguered defense.

East Clintwood

Five and a half years of sucking is a bit more than a slump.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

jabberjawls

Uptempo should be banned. 

Atlhogfan1

It would help our offense to use tempo.  We have done it at times in the Bielema era.  Should use shotgun more too.  But against AU probably not the best time to use tempo a lot. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

EastTNHog

Quote from: jabberjawls on October 16, 2017, 01:59:10 pm
Uptempo should be banned.
I agree, but it's currently within the rules to run and clearly gives the offense an advantage when you have a QB and WRs who can throw and catch, while keeping the defense from substituting.

I think I remember hearing the announcers say Auburn goes 10-deep on the defensive line...

Atlhogfan1

When Bielema and Saban were on their crusade, it was when offenses didn't have to wait for a D to sub if they subbed.  It made a big difference.  You now rarely see an offense go play after play in a hurry.   They sub and the umpire stands over the ball.  They still hurry but it wasn't as it was before this rule was brought in.  Helps the defense especially defensive linemen a lot. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

nchogg

Up tempo or not. I sure would not broadcast to Auburn what our game plan is.

lakecityhog

I have never understood why defenses don't take advantage of the substitution rule! If the offense substitutes the ref will stand over the football until the D has the opportunity to make suds, why not drag it out a little and put the O in a bind.

Take just a few extra seconds to get your subs in and it limits the time the QB/OC has to read pre-snap and change the play call. Plus you might actually force a time out or a delay of game penalty on the O.

IF BB does go to some up-tempo play and stays with the new look O'Line the ENTIRE Allen family should line-up and kick the crap out of him!!! Let BA get pounded and then let AA get pounded for a season and a half, THEN make changes for the better? I guess fear will cause even the most STUBBORN man to rethink some things!!!