Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I don't project any OL improvement next year.

Started by Piggfoot, October 16, 2017, 10:41:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Ragnow will be gone. Who's to replace him?
I've given up on Bielema's ability to produce a power football team at Arkansas. I think he lost his opportunity the first year when he started playing freshmen linemen.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 16, 2017, 10:41:52 am
I've given up on Bielema's ability to produce a power football team at Arkansas. I think he lost his opportunity the first year when he started playing freshmen linemen.
A lot of that depends on who the O line coach may be. While there may not be a lot of change in the personnel, coaching can still make a HUGE difference in performance. However, barring some change in that area or some other unforeseen one, it would tend to agree.

King Kong

Well the good news is defenders bounce like flys off on Cole

SemperFi

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 16, 2017, 10:41:52 am

Zach Rogers will replace Ragnow. We're in for a few rough years with or without BB as our Head Coach. If they fired BB at the end of the season and brought in a new coach does anyone believe that we'll go from dumpster fire to giving Bama a run for the money in 2018 or even 2019? A new coach will fix what's broken only with some recruiting and some hard core coaching. BB better find a way to get this team above .500 and give us hope for a better 2018 if the plan is to keep him, otherwise we can take our lumps now because we're sure in hell going to be taking them later even if the Great Saban took over the reigns.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

onebadrubi

I HOPE a new coach and staff can help this Oline.  As of this year, we are the best we have been at with OL numbers, we have according to recruiting "experts" some of our deepest O lines in years just off of numbers.  We had a good haul last year with Clenin and those guys, throw rogers in the mix to replace ragnow, and you still have some guys there.  All is not lost, hopefully we get a coach that is capable of actually putting together a good line before the bama game.