Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I have hope!

Started by Hoggie17, October 15, 2017, 09:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggie17

Cole Kelley is a white Cam Newton with a better arm.  He is a little raw, get the right coach in here and he will win the SEC West. He is a double threat.  First QB since Jones that can carry the team on his back. He is the QB that I have been wanting. The Allen boys can throw the ball, this kid can do it all. He doesn't go down that easily. Jeff Brohm is good with QB's. Kelly and Brohm will win the SEC West. Maybe as early as next year.

Go Hogs!!

RebelliousHog

CK can't run anywhere in the neighborhood of Newton.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

jneal56

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 15, 2017, 09:45:41 am
Cole Kelley is a white Cam Newton with a better arm.  He is a little raw, get the right coach in here and he will win the SEC West. He is a double threat.  First QB since Jones that can carry the team on his back. He is the QB that I have been wanting. The Allen boys can throw the ball, this kid can do it all. He doesn't go down that easily. Jeff Brohm is good with QB's. Kelly and Brohm will win the SEC West. Maybe as early as next year.

Go Hogs!!

You drunk?
"At least we are moral"

hoglady

I think you're getting ahead of yourself.
He doesn't have a better arm than Cam Newton and he's slower than molasses.
He's big, strong and tough / moves well for his size and has a decent arm - but he is no Cam Newton.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Ironhawg

Quote from: HenduHog on October 15, 2017, 09:49:07 am

This.  He isn't going to win many foot races.  On the other hand, it was great seeing him lower the boom on a couple of Bama defensive backs.

The_Iceman

My question is, why did you have to mention race at all...."white" Cam Newton? Was there really a reason to clarify?

Kneph13

True, but Scam probably got a lot of practice while running from the Police.  I heard Lo-Jack (for laptop computers) has asked Scam to be their Sports Endorsement.
There is no Political Correctness in war

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2017, 09:54:04 am
My question is, why did you have to mention race at all...."white" Cam Newton? Was there really a reason to clarify?
I don't agree with him, but yeah I think it is ok to qualify when discussing certain positions. 
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hoggie17

I an not a racist if that is what you are inferring, my sister married a man of color.

Hoggie17

He is not as fast as Newton, he is not even as fast as Jones, but fast enough. He is big and strong and hard to bring down.  I saw a winner.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 15, 2017, 10:02:12 am
He is not as fast as Newton, he is not even as fast as Jones, but fast enough. He is big and strong and hard to bring down.  I saw a winner.

He has winner attitude I agree.  I don't think Newton was as fast as Jones, just bigger and stronger.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

WilsonHog

I liked what I saw of Cole last night, but to say all we need is him and the right coach to win the SEC West?

Little bit of a reach.

ricepig

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 15, 2017, 10:11:31 am
I liked what I saw of Cole last night, but to say all we need is him and the right coach to win the SEC West?

Little bit of a reach.

Well, that and an o-line, and a defense, and a kicker, and a punter, and a........

roothawg

CK will take us further than either allen did.

Arazorbackguy1

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 15, 2017, 09:58:47 am
I an not a racist if that is what you are inferring, my sister married a man of color.

Classic racist statement.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

AirWarren

Because, that's how they identify people by north of Conway.

lakecityhog

This is TYPICAL Hogville! Kelley played a pretty good game last night, PRETTY GOOD, he was just a tad over 50% completions with 1 TD and 1 int. And yes I do understand that it was against a very stout defense, guess what he faces another stout defense next week.

He shows promise of being a very good QB, but only time will tell and you people trying to anoint him as savior of the program are simply grasping at straws. He does not need the added pressure of trying to save the program! He has more than enough pressure trying to run the offense.

If he has any real hope of being successful we have to change 2 or 3 things, first we have to give up this nonsense of trying to run straight up the gut into a 7 or 8 man front, second we have to keep someone beside Hayden in to pick-up loose rushers and third we have to STOP throwing the ball behind the LOS to any one that isn't quick and/or can't make a man miss!!!

Hayden made a great effort, but he is MAYBE 170 pounds??? the D guys just ran him over.

latrops

Go Hogs!!

I wonder if a 200 yard 1td 1 interception performance in a 41-9 loss has ever generated near as much enthusiasm as Hogville now has for Kelly?

Im hopeful as well and did see some nice things from him, but the praise is a bit over the top based on what he has actually done.  There is promise, but comparing him to Cam after one blowout loss?  Really?

hawgdavis

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 15, 2017, 10:02:12 am

I'm with you. Guy is a baller and not afraid of the big stage , it looks to me he is having fun out there and has a lot of confidence.

On a side note people need to quit with all this race crap every time someone says something with a color of someone's skin they start whining. Get over it we're not all the same color and that's ok, call me what ever you want to as long as you call me for dinner, you will not bother me , it will not hurt my feelings. I learned a valuable lesson from my BLACK nanny when I was a kid that still holds true to this day, especially if people would remember this

" sticks and stones will break my bones but words can never harm me "

I taught my kids this and they don't worry about what other people say only how they see themselves and the people who care about them see them. That's all that matters no one else. Professional life work hard work smart and make the company ,yours or someone else's profitable and you have that solved as well.
Both kids are becoming very successfull people who don't worry the small shite.

HawgPound

"Next Year." Allen will be the guy to finish out this season.

clew

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2017, 10:21:35 am
Classic liberal response. You don't know his heart.
Pure as the dawn

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 15, 2017, 09:52:43 am
This.  He isn't going to win many foot races.  On the other hand, it was great seeing him lower the boom on a couple of Bama defensive backs.

That was a defensive end he lowered the boom on...

PRJ

JIMMY BOARFFETT

The most important thing Cole brings to the table, right now, is LEADERSHIP!
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

Hoggish1

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 15, 2017, 11:40:01 am
That was a defensive end he lowered the boom on...

PRJ

even better...

Hoggie17

What ever it is, he has IT!

ricepig

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on October 15, 2017, 11:56:34 am
The most important thing Cole brings to the table, right now, is LEADERSHIP!

No doubt, and confidence that may or may not be warranted, but is needed anyway.

GuvHog

Go Hogs!!

The better way to describe Kelley is Tim Tebow with a Ryan Mallett Arm.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: hoglady on October 15, 2017, 09:52:15 am
I think you're getting ahead of yourself.
He doesn't have a better arm than Cam Newton and he's slower than molasses.
He's big, strong and tough / moves well for his size and has a decent arm - but he is no Cam Newton.

He isn't blessed with speed by any stretch of the imagination but calling him slower than Molasses is a BIG exaggeration. Ryan Mallett is slower than Molasses and Kelley is much more mobile than Ryan is.

longpig

Kelley with two e's is more of a nonrapey Ben Rothleisberger with no O line than a Cam Newton.
Don't be scared, be smart.

GuvHog

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 15, 2017, 12:03:35 pm
What ever it is, he has IT!

Yep, the players call him "The Franchise".

greasy_corner

Go Hogs!!

"Haha... It's funny to hear a hogville poster talk about Cam Newton"  "It's funny"

twistitup

Quote from: Hoggie17 on October 15, 2017, 09:58:47 am

and I have a black cat....
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

Hoggie17

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 12:32:20 pm
The better way to describe Kelley is Tim Tebow with a Ryan Mallett Arm.
this

buldozer

Kelly can flat throw the ball. I like that. We have not had someone that could throw the deep ball since Mallet. I think he should be the starter the rest of the season. Let the next coach then sort out who is best for the position. At least he will get some valuable experience and be more of an option for next year. There is no downside to letting this kid get some experience. Nepotism be dammed!

hoglady

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 12:36:30 pm
He isn't blessed with speed by any stretch of the imagination but calling him slower than Molasses is a BIG exaggeration. Ryan Mallett is slower than Molasses and Kelley is much more mobile than Ryan is.

I said he moved well for his size.
But when comparing Kelley to Cam Newton he is slower than molasses.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

OneTuskOverTheLine™

He can't even keep up with Tebow. He's more of a Big Ben type of cat with just a touch of J-LO..
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Razorbackers

Go Hogs!!

Pump every brake you have, buddy.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

HotlantaHog

More Matt Jones than Cam Newton, and so far Matt Jones has accomplished a lot more .... and seemed to have much better running/scrambling ability.

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: latrops on October 15, 2017, 10:28:02 am
I wonder if a 200 yard 1td 1 interception performance in a 41-9 loss has ever generated near as much enthusiasm as Hogville now has for Kelly?

Im hopeful as well and did see some nice things from him, but the praise is a bit over the top based on what he has actually done.  There is promise, but comparing him to Cam after one blowout loss?  Really?

Fact is, the guy went into his first start of his career against the top defense in the nation, and held his own. Not only did he play better than most expected, he showed leadership and confidence that we haven't seen in quite some time.

The play that sticks with me about him is when the pocket was collapsing, I believe it was in the second quarter, and a Bama player was hurdling a defender right in front of him and he stood there without flinching and made an accurate pass. I love AA and everything he's done for the Hogs, but he'd of either dropped to the ground right there or tucked and ran into other defenders.

CK due to his size isn't afraid to get hit. If he can continue to develop, I think he'll have a tremendous career here.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

texas tush hog

4.4 compared to 4.8

Oklahawg

Amidst all the crap, CK is capable of being Nick Fitzgerald, right? Working 'ok' for MS State.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

lawhawg20

Quote from: longpig on October 15, 2017, 12:37:51 pm
Kelley with two e's is more of a nonrapey Ben Rothleisberger with no O line than a Cam Newton.

My thoughts exactly. 

Hogsmo Kramer

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 15, 2017, 10:21:35 am

The person that tries to make a racist argument over everything IS the racist in the room.

GTF over yourself.

As far as Kelley I def like the kid and what he brings, but we're gonna need quite a few more pieces to compete for the west.

He's a good start though.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

hoghiker

Quote from: Razorbackers on October 16, 2017, 08:41:09 am
Pump every brake you have, buddy.

I chuckled pretty hard when I read this.

Ex-Trumpet

I'm just waiting for one of our receivers to become the next white Wes Welker.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

The NewEra

There is a lot to like about Cole Kelley.  Size, arm strength, three years of eligibility left, willingness to run, etc.  What I like best about him is the kid plays with a passion for the game.  He brings the passion for the game and a desire for winning this team desperately needs and you can see it in the way the rest of the offense responds to his presence on the field.

In his post game interview what stood out to me most was his disappointment with not beating Alabama.  Now that is what we need to lead this team into the future.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: twistitup on October 15, 2017, 01:23:16 pm
and I have a black cat....

I love and eat Watermelon , Fried Chicken Chitlins and Collard Greens.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 16, 2017, 09:55:00 am
I love and eat Watermelon , Fried Chicken Chitlins and Collard Greens.

Being raised in the south, I always thought of these items as "southern" or "comfort" food...I had no idea until I was enlightened by yankees that it was actually racist to refer to these items as food.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

draftkings33

Go Hogs!!
This is so laughable and shows how dumb you truly are.  I like Cole Kelley but he runs about a 5.1 Forty.  Come on man