Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema:We didn't have the horses

Started by HoggyCat, October 15, 2017, 09:04:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgtime

Quote from: Marshfieldhog on October 15, 2017, 02:27:44 pm
Whaley looked faster last year as a Freshman. At least until Body by Herb got involved.

i have been noticing that the last couple of years. we have some raw speed but instead of getting faster, we bulk up and SLOW down.

Cinco de Hogo

There is nothing about this situation that will make sense to you guys when you think about Bielema success at Wisconsin until you accept that Jeff Long has saddled him with expectations concerning student athletes that combined with BB's on shortcoming makes winning in the SEC impossible.

This mantra of integrity that Long has cloaked himself in, he has extended to young men of 17/18 years of age that make mistakes.  Well or football brethren continue to recruit these kids they aren't good enough for Arkansas.  Where do they go and how do they do as they mature?  I don't notice other than a couple situations(Baylor) where anything is much different than it was 40 years ago when players my age were doing stupid stuff. 

We need a complete break form Long/Bielema, we DON'T have to win at all cost but we do need the same breaks other schools are giving themselves by being more accepting of some faults.  Under guidance the vast majority grow up and when your under a coach like Petrino a little of the FEAR it talks about in the Bible goes a long ways.  Sure you will have a few breakouts but who self righteous person on this board hasn't done that or had a family member that took some tough live.  In the end it's a numbers game.

From Tusk Till Dawn

Quote from: Redhogs on October 16, 2017, 09:32:28 am
Because he is incompetent " I came here to win the SEC"   incompetent... Here's what he should say if he wants people to take him seriously " I have failed here at Arkansas, Iv'e taken millions of dollars from you, and we are now the worst team in the SEC. I don't know what the hell I am doing running this program."
Thanks for making my point.  The fact is if we were 3-2 and he says that after a loss to Bama it doesnt get brought up.  Every word he says is put under a microscope and as much as I enjoy watching everyone get triggered, its tiresome.  At the end of the season we will see if he's retained or not.  If not, than you can begin making your case for how incompetent our next coach is.

ChicoHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 15, 2017, 10:40:29 am
To be fair to Bielema, there are only a couple teams in the country that have the "horses" to compete with Saban and Bama. They are a dynasty for a reason.
That is Clemson and Ohio st and they both have lost a game this season.  What is the common denominator between Saban, Meyer and Swinney? 
They are the best recruiters on their staff and 3 of the best in the country period.  They hire great recruiters also and of course good coaches.  The difference between Saban and the other two is that Nick is also a great game day coach while Meyer and Swinney are great recruiters but average on strategy, scheme, etc.

Petrino is great at the scheme part but not a good recruiter.  Talent beats scheme 90% of the time.  Syracuse beat Clemson at the 10% part plus Kelly Bryant got hurt.

ChicoHog

Quote from: ChicoHog on October 16, 2017, 12:31:27 pm
That is Clemson and Ohio st and they both have lost a game this season.  What is the common denominator between Saban, Meyer and Swinney? 
They are the best recruiters on their staff and 3 of the best in the country period.  They hire great recruiters also and of course good coaches.  The difference between Saban and the other two is that Nick is also a great game day coach while Meyer and Swinney are great recruiters but average on strategy, scheme, etc.

Petrino is great at the scheme part but not a good recruiter.  Talent beats scheme 90% of the time.  Syracuse beat Clemson at the 10% part plus Kelly Bryant got hurt. Talent = recruiting and development.  Recruiting is the main ingredient but development is also important. For teams like Arkansas who don't recruit as well, development is even more important.  That has been lacking obviously the last couple of years. 

smb

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on October 15, 2017, 11:02:46 am
The bottom is that one doesn't necessarily have to have four and five stars from top to bottom to achieve success. While it doubtless helps, it's being able to develop the talent one has, to actually coach by game planning and making in game adjustments, AND getting your kids to play up to their absolute potential that can go a long, long way in achieving success. We have very little, if any, of that with this HC and much of his staff.
This
GeorgiaHOG

bob slydell

To be fair, you can count on one hand the number of programs that do have the horses to compete with Bama.  There are several reasons to dump the current coach.  This fact isn't one of them.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

smb

He suppose to be coaching Hogs not horses. If wants horses let him go to SMU.
GeorgiaHOG

LJHOG

We don't have the horses.  No kidding.  He's just now figuring that out.

twistitup

In 5 years we have the horses chosen by OUR coaches.....like them or not, it's time to own YOUR team Coach Bielema.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....