Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Don Decker

Started by texas tush hog, October 12, 2017, 11:08:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

October 12, 2017, 11:08:00 pm Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 11:48:45 pm by texas tush hog
My best friend, the late John Stucky, told me several years ago the two best Strength coaches he ever mentored were Kirk Woolfolk who is now at Navy, and Don Decker. Decker got caught up in the Nutt Mafia, and it caused a great hit to his career. I lost track of him, but located him when we played New Mexico State. He apparently has done a good job as they seem to be playing above their heads. I know we handled them easily but we have that much better personnel. I think we ought to watch him as he has an outstanding resume at Arkansas and Mississippi. At Arkansas he was the Strength coach for our 1994 National basketball championship team and the 1995 finals team. In 1995, 1998,2002,and 2006 the football squads won the SEC Western Division titles under both Danny Ford and Houston Nutt. He trained the 1994 and 2004 baseball teams that won the SEC Western division crowns. His number one responsibilities during his time at Arkansas, however, was the football program, which went to ten straight bowl games including the Citrus Bowl and two Cotton Bowls (bet you thought Nutt was responsible for all that success didn't you). He followed Nutt to Ole Miss, and helped them to back to back Cotton Bowls. He is now in his fifth year with New Mexico State, and is helping Todd Martin to be build his program there, as well. I bet Herbert only dreams of that success.

bondhue

Thanks to him for his efforts and congratulations on the success of his athletes.  May he live just long enough and prosper.
That's a pretty girl.  I caught her twice.  12.5 pounds.  I hope she's still alive.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Nice story but we went to 8 bowls under Nutt not 10 straight. Unless you are counting the '04 and '05 toilet bowls.  You know facts and what not.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

texas tush hog

Quote from: bondhue on October 12, 2017, 11:42:59 pm
Thanks to him for his efforts and congratulations on the success of his athletes.  May he live just long enough and prosper.

Would love to have him back under our new coach, whoever that might be he is only 54.