Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It ain't gonna happen.

Started by Piggfoot, October 12, 2017, 09:34:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

I don't thing there is any way that Long is fired before the North End Zone project is finished. The project is estimated  to cost. 160 million but there will probably be some over runs. If I were on a committee controlling Long's job I would be afraid the over runs would be greater if he is not over seeing the complete project.
Now as for Bielema I'm on the fence. I think his firing would also adversely affect the project unless Long or who ever determines Bielema's replacement finds a Gruden like replacement. An up and commer will not do it. So I guess I think both will be here until the project is over.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Großer Kriegschwein

If Long cans him and hires the right dude, it might generate more revenue and donations.

Just sayin.
This is my non-signature signature.

hawgon

Long will not be fired.  He will not be here much longer nonetheless.

Seebs

Right coach, an identity, competitive team - I could give two craps who is the bean counter. Stay in the shadows and let's win some games.
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

He Must be fired for the hiring of Smile and Brets 15 million dollar handcuffs
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Seebs on October 12, 2017, 09:38:45 pm
Right coach, an identity, competitive team - I could give two craps who is the bean counter. Stay in the shadows and let's win some games.
I'm with you on this one.

Piggfoot

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 09:40:12 pm
You must have been drinking moonshine and just sobered up. It's ~
6 million, not 15.

snoblind

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 12, 2017, 09:40:12 pm

Might want to check a couple of other threads and read through them.   

8)

East Clintwood

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 12, 2017, 09:50:59 pm
You must have been drinking moonshine and just sobered up. It's ~
6 million, not 15.

It's 6 mil at the end of the year, right now it's close to 7.

And it did start out at 15 so Long still tied us to a ridiculously one sided buyout.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

farmhawg

Long will be gone, stupid to think because a project is going that he can't leave.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Piggfoot

HogCard

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 09:37:16 pm

now there's words of wisdom from someone who has it figured out and you could not be any more correct.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 12, 2017, 09:34:47 pm
I don't thing there is any way that Long is fired before the North End Zone project is finished. The project is estimated  to cost. 160 million but there will probably be some over runs. If I were on a committee controlling Long's job I would be afraid the over runs would be greater if he is not over seeing the complete project.
Now as for Bielema I'm on the fence. I think his firing would also adversely affect the project unless Long or who ever determines Bielema's replacement finds a Gruden like replacement. An up and commer will not do it. So I guess I think both will be here until the project is over.
of course Long wont be fired. And Of Course BERT will be fired. It's very obvious. I do think Long is looking on his own to leave, however.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

EastexHawg

Why would anyone think Jeff Long is the only man who can oversee a construction project?  Probably the same reason some people think he is the only athletic director capable of stacking up all the money the SEC sends us. 

TuskDr

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 09:37:16 pm
I agree with this. I bet that Long is currently looking for some place to land before the heat is really directed toward him. Right now his brand is probably still pretty good around the country.

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 13, 2017, 08:39:23 am
of course Long wont be fired. And Of Course BERT will be fired. It's very obvious. I do think Long is looking on his own to leave, however.

To be honest, I believe he's being urged to look to leave.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

ur

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 13, 2017, 08:41:19 am
Why would anyone think Jeff Long is the only man who can oversee a construction project?  Probably the same reason some people think he is the only athletic director capable of stacking up all the money the SEC sends us. 
agree. Jerra has built two $1 billion complexes. Piece of cake for him. Plus he gets to decorate it with Razorback history.

NaturalStateReb

Long doesn't need to care what fans think about him to save his job.  As long as the headcount is right on the board of trustees, he's in the clear. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

sowmonella

Quote from: snoblind on October 12, 2017, 09:54:06 pm
Might want to check a couple of other threads and read through them.   

8)

He doesn't read threads, just makes the same replies on each one. Look for carpetbagger to come up by noon.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

The_Iceman

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 12, 2017, 09:56:56 pm

And it did start out at 15 so Long still tied us to a ridiculously one sided buyout.

Some statements are so dumb it makes my head hurt. This is one.

razorbackfaninar

This may be pointless to ask but why do we want Jeff Log fired now?  It was because of the enormous buyout.  It turned out we didn't understand the buyout and it is actually not a bad buy out. I see people continue to say he needs to be fired for hiring John L Smith, but I don't know if you realize how firing people works.  If you went in to work today and your boss said he was firing you for something you did five years ago, I think you'd have a few questions. So what is it that has people constantly saying " Jeff Long has got to go" I care as much about this program and have give as much, proportionally as any one to the program.  I want them to succeed in all sports and as a university, and I can't sit here and tell you I have seen one legitimate reason that Jeff Long should be fired.         

I am scared that Bret will not be let go.  I am scared that Long will not be let go.  I am scared that if Bret is let go that Long will bring in Les Miles who did a good job at LSU with a herd of Bluechippers and Long is stupid enough to believe he could do that for us.  He can't.  That's right, can't.  If Long should choose the next HC, it will be pure happenstance if he should choose a winner for us.                                                                                                                   

Our program in flat on its back right now, totally done in.  The assistants finally became as confused as the HC and now the players have become as confused as the HC and the assistants.

hawgon

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 13, 2017, 08:47:07 am
Long doesn't need to care what fans think about him to save his job.  As long as the headcount is right on the board of trustees, he's in the clear.

No, it isn't about keeping his job.  It is about keeping the job with the autonomy to do as he sees fit without having the BOT or anyone else looking over his shoulder.  There are lots of ways to make people move along with firing them.

Razorbackers

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 13, 2017, 08:47:07 am

Would you listen to these people? lol

Redhogs

Quote from: Seebs on October 12, 2017, 09:38:45 pm
I agree with this...I don't like Long, think he is very arrogant and self promoting, but if hires another CBP without a blonde and a motorcycle with the same results on the field, at this point it does not matter whether he stays or goes. He is responsible for the new operations center and other football upgrades which to be honest were made possible because of BP's winning records..the argument could also be made that we need a complete house cleaning top to bottom. Some of his comments about the importance of winning have been very troubling....I dunno...we'll see I guess.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Sundog

Long will not be fired now nor even in the foreseeable future.  Bert will coach in 2018 with an improved record which will be used to justify his continuance.

grayhawg

Quote from: Sundog on October 13, 2017, 09:16:27 am
Long will not be fired now nor even in the foreseeable future.  Bert will coach in 2018 with an improved record which will be used to justify his continuance.
As long as it's not here

Redhogs

Quote from: Sundog on October 13, 2017, 09:16:27 am
Ah....no.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

ricepig

Which went down proportionally, it's the going rate on guaranteeing their salary.

snf6278

I could see Long throwing out feelers to Nebraska and I think he would be better suited for the huskers. As for Bret, anything less than 8 wins and I think he's gone. Just my two cents though.

davehog

This argument does not hold water from an accounting perspective.  The capital has been budgeted for the project, and most likely a cost overrun provision is already in the budget.

I would also imagine there is a discretionary fund with respect to coaches salaries. If not, I would suspect the CFO type person of the AD Dept. easily restructure the budget to accommodate any financial changes.

Additionally, the Foundation is an unknown factir with respect to their ability to fund the buyout.  IF (big if) there were in fact big money boosters willing to foot the bill for the buyout, their money would go via the Foundation and therefore could be done anonymously. 

The real Hogules

Why, oh why didn't we make the companies working on the North End Zone projects sign a contract, with a cap on overages, unless modifications to the original plans were made at the request of the university??? Sarcasm off
Jeff Long's presence isn't necessary and has no bearing on the completion of the the stadium upgrades, as far as I can tell.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Grizzlyfan

The only way the buyout would have ever been $15million is if Bielema had been fired the first month after the extension became official.

East Clintwood

Quote from: The_Iceman on October 13, 2017, 08:50:42 am
Some statements are so dumb it makes my head hurt. This is one.

Not surprisingly, this is what I think about most of your posts as well.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma