Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Matt Campbell

Started by Grunt, October 13, 2017, 01:40:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Grunt

Could we buy his contract from Iowa State? His teams seem tenacious and disciplined. The way Toledo punched us in 2015 and that Iowa State win over O.U. this year... impressive.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Nosboar Accubond

bulldog04

I like it except I'm not sure how much recruiting he has done in the south since he's been in the Midwest his whole career

swineology

Quote from: Grunt on October 13, 2017, 01:40:38 am
Could we buy his contract from Iowa State? His teams seem tenacious and disciplined. The way Toledo punched us in 2015 and that Iowa State win over O.U. this year... impressive.

We could, I would

He's my #2

Beaverfever

He'd be my first call probably.  He's a winner. 

ur

He's my #2. Buyout is around 6 million

Ham Ham Pigelow

I just don't see how he would leave Iowa State for Arkansas.  His next step would likely be an upper-tier job if anything.  Same with P.J. Fleck.  No way he leaves Minny for Arkansas.  Or Jeff Brohm at Purdue. They're already at their stepping stone jobs.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on October 13, 2017, 07:41:45 am
I just don't see how he would leave Iowa State for Arkansas.  His next step would likely be an upper-tier job if anything.  Same with P.J. Fleck.  No way he leaves Minny for Arkansas.  He's already at his Arkansas-type job.
LOL, why would we offer PJ Fleck lmao, what a joke.

You have the worst case of woe-is-me, poorlilolearkiesaw-syndrome I've seen all week!! PATHETIC, dude.

Even that bum Petrino won 11 games here. Even that bum Nutt won 10 games here. Now one can't win more than 65% of his games in a weak conference even with the best player in football at QB, and the other can't get a job. LMFAO that folks think even after stealing the damn ATLANTA FALCONS HC and then the Wisconsin Badger's HC that we couldn't hire minnesota or iowa state's coach. You people don't know jack diddly.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 13, 2017, 07:43:05 am
LOL, why would we offer PJ Fleck lmao, what a joke.

You have the worst case of woe-is-me, poorlilolearkiesaw-syndrome I've seen all week!! PATHETIC, dude.

Even that bum Petrino won 11 games here. Even that bum Nutt won 10 games here. Now one can't win more than 65% of his games in a weak conference even with the best player in football at QB, and the other can't get a job. LMFAO that folks think even after stealing the damn ATLANTA FALCONS HC and then the Wisconsin Badger's HC that we couldn't hire minnesota or iowa state's coach. You people don't know jack diddly.
1.  Plenty of people have mentioned P.J. Fleck as their favorite for the HC job.
2.  Facts are facts.  What does Petrino have to do with this?  The stars aligned for us when he QUIT the Falcons.  No more, no less.  For god's sake, the guy would have taken just about any P5 job at that point. 
3.  You have an over-inflated view of Arkansas football.  I don't.  Living outside of the state of Arkansas for a while will do that.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on October 13, 2017, 07:52:27 am
1.  Plenty of people have mentioned P.J. Fleck as their favorite for the HC job.
2.  Facts are facts.  What does Petrino have to do with this?  The stars aligned for us when he QUIT the Falcons.  No more, no less.  For god's sake, the guy would have taken just about any P5 job at that point. 
3.  You have an over-inflated view of Arkansas football.  I don't.  Living outside of the state of Arkansas for a while will do that.
i am not from Arkansas, bruh, just an alum. I'm from Austin, and people there know how good a tradition the Hogs have.

PJ Fleck himself says "I have no business being a college football coach, im a social studies teacher". You want THAT GUY?

Saying we couldnt hire minnesota or iowa states coach is laughable AF.

Arkansas is a top 20 all time program with top 20 facilities, top 20 pay, and in the best conference in football. It's top 10 financially. It has the fastest internet in the sec, in teh sec's best city. YOU just have esteem issues it seems.

Hogs wont hire a PJ Fleck type coach. Matt Campbell, however, is on the short list, im sure. We hire either Washington state's coach, virginia tech's coach, Purdue's coach, or Iowa State's coach. Watch and see. All of those are lesser programs than Arkansas, Wisconsin, or The Atlanta Falcons.

Oh, and what makes people think there isnt another quality but unhappy coach out there, since Petrino just 'fell in our lap'?

Tired old refrain is tired and old.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Pig in the Pokey

no offense, dude, it's not really personal. Im just tired of reading that kind of crappola.
@Slackaveli

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 13, 2017, 07:59:30 am
i am not from Arkansas, bruh, just an alum.

PJ Fleck himself says "I have no business being a college football coach, im a social studies teacher". You want THAT GUY?

Saying we couldnt hire minnesota or iowa states coach is laughable AF.

Arkansas is a top 20 all time program with top 20 facilities, top 20 pay, and in the best conference in football. It's top 10 financially. It has the fastest internet in the sec, in teh sec's best city. YOU just have esteem issues it seems.
Man, you are way off the mark.
1. Never said I wanted Fleck.  I couldn't give two shi*s to be honest.  PLENTY of People on here have mentioned him though.
2. You being an alum has zero context to my comments.  You still have an over-inflated view of Arkansas football regardless of how it has benefitted financially from being in the richest conference in football.  I've been to just about all other SEC campuses.  The facilities at Arkansas are middle of the pack and quickly falling further behind as the others gain ground in the arms race.  We're not special in regards to resources, passion, and tradition.  And who cares what we did between 1960-1990?  Today's recruits and young assistant coaches don't share your opinion.
3.  Not saying we COULD NEVER hire coaches from those schools.  Paul Rhoads a few years back would have crawled.  Just saying those young coaches, in the current phases of their careers, won't leave their jobs for Arkansas.
4.  I'm a perfectly fine, athletic, well-compensated veteran of two wars with a great wife.  Only people with true self-esteem issues call people out for self-esteem issues on the internet.

Pig in the Pokey

glad to hear you are fine. I guess the out of state hate has made you forget that we have won TEN OR MORE games in 30% of our seasons in the last decade, while in the hardest division in football. Even a TERRIBLE coach like Houston Nutt won 10 games here. Even a bum like Petrino, a guy who in a weaker conference and with the best player in the country can barely win 65% of his games, won 11 games here. Arkansas is a great program. I dont know what the hell you think we are, but, maybe you should actually come to Fayetteville. You'd see that our facilities are actually top 10 in the country, and Fayetteville is also a top 10 place to live , so, we have a lot to offer and way more than most SEC schools have to offer. and compared to minnesota and iowa state? Bro, WTH are you thinking? Seems like you are ashamed of Arkansas.

for what it's worth, i have lashed out every time i can when i see someone say stuff like this. It' PoorLilOleArkiesaw syndrome. I aint from here, I PICKED here so I dont have that crap.
@Slackaveli

jjfmetal11

Quote from: Nosboar Accubond on October 13, 2017, 06:14:49 am
He is my vote
Quote from: Grunt on October 13, 2017, 01:40:38 am
Would be a great hire!