Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema on Austin and Wallace

Started by WilsonHog, October 12, 2017, 07:33:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Bielema: "Says it's key for QB Austin Allen to be fully functional vs a team like Alabama. Says he expects Brian Wallace to play."

I seriously doubt Austin is "fully functional." He hasn't been all season.

woodhog14

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 12, 2017, 07:33:47 pm
Bielema: "Says it's key for QB Austin Allen to be fully functional vs a team like Alabama. Says he expects Brian Wallace to play."

Cole Kelley will be starting. Austin hasn't thrown a pass all week in practice.

DemiHOG

Can someone tell me about the Wallace kid?

rhames

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Bubba's Bruisers

So Wallace is playing now?  On the road at Bama?  I mean if the dude has been so inconsistent, then why this game?  What changed? 
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Dwight_K_Shrute

I've seen a tweet that said Austin was starting.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

DemiHOG

Where is he from, what is he known for

Freebrd

Does anyone REALLY think Allen won't start Saturday!  Bielema played his brother all season when "Brandon's shoulder only allowed him to play at 70%". 
The comment saying Austin "hasn't been fully functional all season" is a cover for Allen.

Acehawg

hawgon

I saw on Tigerdroppings that some LSU fans are saying that Cole's daddy has been telling people that he is starting this week.  Who knows?

GTOWNHOG

This is the same "coach" that played Brandon Allen in the second half against Missouri a few years ago even though Brandon had a seperated shoulder.....  I seriously question his judgement....
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

HoggieStyle

Just shoot him up. Worked for Brandon. Sort of...

Acehawg

Supposedly Austin Allen didn't throw a pass all week in practice.

Tick Hog

Quote from: DemiHOG on October 12, 2017, 08:01:49 pm
14 recruiting class from St. Louis MO.  Rated top 10 OL coming out at his position. Known for not being able to start on this team for whatever reason.

Großer Kriegschwein

If Wallace is as inconsistent as he said before, then he is doing it to prove to his boss that there was no better option at RT and thus not be held against him.

"Yeah, there's a higher rated guy behind everyone, but as you can plainly see, he didn't work out."
This is my non-signature signature.

DemiHOG

DemiHOG

There are players that plays much better than they practice, game speed as compared to practice speed

factchecker

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on October 12, 2017, 08:05:17 pm
This is the same "coach" that played Brandon Allen in the second half against Missouri a few years ago even though Brandon had a seperated shoulder.....  I seriously question his judgement....

I think Brandon's problem vs. Mizzou was a hurt back.

He originally hurt his back vs. Ole Miss.  Austin came in and finished the game but had a lead already.  We won 30-0.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Carl Lazlo

Brian Wallace started just last season.  Played against Alabama even.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 08:10:12 pm
If Wallace is as inconsistent as he said before, then he is doing it to prove to his boss that there was no better option at RT and thus not be held against him.

"Yeah, there's a higher rated guy behind everyone, but as you can plainly see, he didn't work out."

This is exactly what it feels like.  Setting him up to prove a point.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

GoHogs1091

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 08:18:56 pm
Seriously.

https://twitter.com/tommurphyadg/status/918629865468907521

This current Head Coach (if he should be even called a Head Coach) and football program is a 3 ring circus that has 4 rings to it.

Großer Kriegschwein

Seriously.

What in the the actual ****?

That tells the Alabama DL to dig in and push as hard as they can because it will probably pay off in the first 10 minutes.

I guess he really doesn't like Austin all that much.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 08:01:36 pm
I've seen a tweet that said Austin was starting.
I saw a tweet that said Hillary was going to be president

Dwight_K_Shrute

You don't effing give it a go and see what happens against Alabama. If BB would have said Austin is 100% and has been given the all clear, that's fine. But not oh we'll throw him out there and hope for the best. Even with a great offensive line that's not a good plan. With our offensive line it's down right criminal. If Austin is saying "yeah I'll give it a shot" so what. I'd expect nothing less from him. The damn adult that's been paid 7 figures to wear hoodies should say thanks kid but we need you at 100%. I'm done with this ass and won't feel one ounce of pity when he is sent packing.

theFlyingHog

Seriously.

Wait wait wait. Where in that statement did Bret Bielema say "Austin Allen IS starting at Alabama"?  "My guess is"??  None of you are worried about our coach, on Alabama week, saying he guesses AA will start. He f&@king guesses?

greasy_corner

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 08:47:17 pm
You don't effing give it a go and see what happens against Alabama. If BB would have said Austin is 100% and has been given the all clear, that's fine. But not oh we'll throw him out there and hope for the best. Even with a great offensive line that's not a good plan. With our offensive line it's down right criminal. If Austin is saying "yeah I'll give it a shot" so what. I'd expect nothing less from him. The damn adult that's been paid 7 figures to wear hoodies should say thanks kid but we need you at 100%. I'm done with this ass and won't feel one ounce of pity when he is sent packing.

It is criminal.  When AA has to scramble on Saturday, I hope he rolls toward the AR sideline and takes the  Bummer line and backers into the knees of Kurt or Bert. 

I truly hope the players make it out safely...the staff,  I couldn't care less.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

porkrindjimmy

Großer Kriegschwein

I had a recruit once tell me that "you can't smoke a quitter".

May be a little truth to that these next couple of weekends. The team watch TV. They know that the media thinks their coach is a dead man walking. I'd be very surprised if it gets any better before about 15 December.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 12, 2017, 10:03:48 pm
That is exactly what the Texas coliation call him.

PRJ

Coliation?

You need to fire Siri bro.  Get with ricepig to calculate the buyout. Lol.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Scramble out of bounds with a good ole helmet to baby huey's  knees should do the trick...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Hoggish1

What are you talking about, why are you talking?

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: Hoggish1 on October 12, 2017, 10:11:52 pm
What are you talking about, why are you talking?
I thought he was being facetious.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

You must be new here lol. Brian wallace id a 4* Offensive Tackle from st louis. He started at right tackle for us last year through 9 games or so. I have been told by players that he is arguably the most physically gifted lineman on the teamr. For some reason though that hasnt translated to playing time
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

PygmalionEffect2

Hopefully he said that to keep bama guessing on which QB will start. 

No idea why he thinks that would make any difference. 

If he starts AA. I'd better not hear another word out of his mouth about player safety.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 12, 2017, 10:05:00 pm
Coliation?

You need to fire Siri bro.  Get with ricepig to calculate the buyout. Lol.

Coalition...excuse me for my misspelling professor.....

PRJ

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 12, 2017, 10:34:59 pm

PRJ
Who is the Texas coalition?

PonderinHog

The Hawg Marshal

PharmacistHog

Quote from: PygmalionEffect2 on October 12, 2017, 10:31:26 pm

If he starts AA. I'd better not hear another word out of his mouth about player safety.

Or what?
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 12, 2017, 10:34:59 pm

PRJ

It was a joke dude.

You take yourself way too seriously.

Seriously.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Just praying my little brother,  errrr, I mean Austin Allen doesn't get killed, errrr, I mean doesn't have to play against Bama.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on October 12, 2017, 08:00:42 pm
So Wallace is playing now?  On the road at Bama?  I mean if the dude has been so inconsistent, then why this game?  What changed? 

Set up to fail so the staff can say "See people! We told you!"  Maybe?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: theFlyingHog on October 12, 2017, 08:49:37 pm
None of you are worried about our coach, on Alabama week, saying he guesses AA will start. He f&@king guesses?
Homeboy done checked out. "Austin who? I'm just ready to get a pbj and hop on the wife"
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

Feralhog

It would be a huge mistake imo for Bama to be the first game that Cole starts.  I can't believe I'm actually saying this but Bielema should steal a page off Nutt and implement a similar strategy that he used with Jones and Clark.   
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former coach finder for the Tejas Longhorns.......Feralhog the Magnificent

bollweevil

If our offensive line will just "strain" a little harder, everything will be OK.

naturalbornpigger

At this phase, against Bama I'd like to see snaps split between Kelly, Haden, Hammonds and Allen (if healthy enough).   This OL cannot protect whoever is back there - especially against Bama.  Let's just make it interesting and get out without more injuries.

Or maybe we put our tackles in the backfield, snap it directly to them, and let them feel what Allen has felt like this year...

TheJoeyBucketz

Quote from: naturalbornpigger on October 13, 2017, 11:11:37 am
Or maybe we put our tackles in the backfield, snap it directly to them, and let them feel what Allen has felt like this year...
That would certainly put us on the map. I don't think anyone has ever used having to play quarterback as a punishment before. Can you imagine ESPN the day after that?
Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"