Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bielema on Austin and Wallace

Started by WilsonHog, October 12, 2017, 07:33:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoglady

If Wallace is the best option against Alabama - then why wasn't he good enough to be starting all year?
Now you start him against one of the best Dline's in college football?
Really, coach????

Musical chairs on a college offensive line usually doesn't work out very well.
It's obvious now, Clary should have never, ever started. If Wallace had been starting all year then maybe the Oline could have been working as a somewhat cohesive unit by now.

Why do they insist on these projects every year on the Oline??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

forrest city joe

Quote from: hoglady on October 13, 2017, 11:21:15 am
If Wallace is the best option against Alabama - then why wasn't he good enough to be starting all year?
Really, coach????

It's obvious now, Clary should have never, ever started. If Wallace had been starting all year then maybe the Oline could have been working as a somewhat cohesive unit by now.

+1000.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Acehawg on October 12, 2017, 08:08:20 pm
Supposedly Austin Allen didn't throw a pass all week in practice.

I wouldn't expect that he would or could. From his reactions leaving the field Saturday, unable to do anything with his right arm, I'd think he's had some kind of shoulder separation, though they're not going to say whether it is or not. I bet Clint Stoener could tell you what that felt like. He took a similar hit on a sack against ULM in 1999 and still started the next game -- at Bama. It was obvious his throwing was not what it had been. He said it took two years for his shoulder and arm to feel back to normal.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Letsroll1200

Really, coach????

This is why a coaching change should be made at the end of the season. It just does not make sense.

247Hog

WTH....Wallace hasn't been good enough and/or deserved to play but we're gonna let him prove himself at Alabama...

Guess this is BB way of saying i told you so. Can say Wallace played horribly and hasn't earned to play. Now you guys can get off my ass.

All BB is setting BW up for failure.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

247Hog

Really, coach????

Yup
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: bollweevil on October 13, 2017, 11:07:53 am
If our offensive line will just "strain" a little harder, everything will be OK.

Hopefully they don't poop themselves with all the straining.

When we meet Alabama and the straining and then:

This is my non-signature signature.

Jim Harris

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 13, 2017, 11:40:40 am
This is why a coaching change should be made at the end of the season. It just does not make sense.

Arkansas has to be the only team in the country where four O-linemen with four stars as high school recruits ride the pine while two walk-ons/former walk-on start, a 2-star juco redshirt starts, and a former D-lineman who has played football less than a handful of years starts. Has to be.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hoglady

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 13, 2017, 11:40:40 am

I would love to here Michael Smith's thoughts on this subject.
I remember on his show - how he always preached how important it was for the offensive line to work together as one unit. And this unit certainly hasn't been doing that this year - how could they??
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on October 13, 2017, 10:57:31 am
Set up to fail so the staff can say “See people! We told you!”  Maybe?

Yeah, that was my passive aggressive way saying this in deed.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

hoglady

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 13, 2017, 11:51:16 am
Arkansas has to be the only team in the country where four O-linemen with four stars as high school recruits ride the pine while two walk-ons/former walk-on start, a 2-star juco redshirt starts, and a former D-lineman who has played football less than a handful of years starts. Has to be.

Probably the only team in the history of college football.

elksnort

Quote from: Acehawg on October 12, 2017, 08:08:20 pm
Supposedly Austin Allen didn't throw a pass all week in practice.
Maybe because he is just going to hand the ball off.

010HogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on October 12, 2017, 08:18:56 pm
Seriously.

https://twitter.com/tommurphyadg/status/918629865468907521

This makes me physically ill. So many things wrong with one statement. If he's hurt, he shouldn't play. Period. and "you guess" he's going to "give it a go????" What kind of **** is that? No surprise the team stinks when the coach has all but mentally checked out.

NavarreHog

Quote from: 247Hog on October 13, 2017, 11:43:20 am
WTH....Wallace hasn't been good enough and/or deserved to play but we're gonna let him prove himself at Alabama...

Guess this is BB way of saying i told you so. Can say Wallace played horribly and hasn't earned to play. Now you guys can get off my ass.

All BB is setting BW up for failure.

If he does put him in, I think Wallace will do as good or better than what we have seen so far.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: hawgon on October 12, 2017, 08:04:11 pm
I saw on Tigerdroppings that some LSU fans are saying that Cole's daddy has been telling people that he is starting this week.  Who knows?

Ever since that kid stepped in front of a microphone all I can see when someone mentions his daddy is this... I lurve that coonassed accent...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

hhicNaychaBoi

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 13, 2017, 11:51:16 am
This is the post of the day. I think kurt anderson is the problem. The program was improving with pittman coaching the line and the o line was nationally recognized.  Now the o line is a national joke. Tom Brady wouldn't look good with our line!!! All of our problems begin with the line and their coach.