Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Believe It or Not, Bielema Could Still Survive

Started by NaturalStateReb, October 12, 2017, 06:37:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

texas tush hog

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2017, 06:41:08 pm
Would boosters and fans be happy if Bielema returns with a 6-6 season, ofer while trailing at the half.  Zero adjustments at half, embarrassing losses to conference opponents.

He's right Lanny, we could possibly win out and go 7-5 and make fools of us all. Stupid and fickle me, I hope he does, even though it probably could be the sinking of our program. Hopefully Bret and Jeffie then do the honorable thing and leave on their own. I know I'm dreaming but I just woke up.

The Hawg Marshal

I hope we win every game left on the schedule. But if we did it wouldn't change our need for a new coach.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 12, 2017, 10:28:25 pm
I expect Bielema to keep expanding until, one day, he catches a wind and rolls out of town.

Only if it's downhill.  Even an F5 tornado isn't strong enough to roll that much mass without an assist from gravity.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

jgphillips3

If anyone thinks this team will go 4-1 after being destroyed three games in a row...well...you just aren't seeing clearly.  South Carolina is a marginal team and they whipped...our...butts.  After three straight blow outs, with Auburn possibly being 63-0 type bad, this team will not rally for 4-1.  They might stumble to 2-3.

kaiserhog

Sounds like wishful thinking by an Ole Miss Reb.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Lanny on October 12, 2017, 06:41:08 pm

Would boosters and fans be happy if Bielema returns with a 6-6 season, ofer while trailing at the half.  Zero adjustments at half, embarrassing losses to conference opponents.

Yeah.  Don't think many are going to be happy averaging about 6 wins a year for 5 years.  This year we'll be lucky to get to 6.  If I was a big time booster....I couldn't keep supporting that kind of performance.
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Steef

Quote from: BallHog1 on October 12, 2017, 09:03:32 pm
Is that like a moral loss?
Close still gives you a chance to win.
If they'd have won  Would you discount it because you think they got outplayed?

(Picture me shrugging).......Well....yeah. Duh.

Just like I criticized the victory over LaTech last year. Or the victory over ECU in the Freezer Bowl. In both of those games, we were outplayed, just not outscored.

I very much want to see a well coached Hog game, played creatively and accurately by Hog players who play their very best.

I feel sad for folks who care only about the score.

Pork Twain

Quote from: NaturalStateReb on October 12, 2017, 06:37:01 pm
It could happen, seriously.

Yes, Alabama and Auburn will almost certainly boat race the Hogs. After that though, every game is winnable. The toughest thing will be somehow not losing the locker room through two bad losses. After that its games against teams that range from bad to mediocre at best--Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Coastal Carolina, LSU, Missouri. Those are gettable games. Even if he just wins 4 of them, they'll get bowl eligible with a chance at 7 wins.

The game at Oxford will be pivotal. If Arkansas finds a way to win that game, then Bielema saving his job becomes a real possibility IMO. They're not going to fire him midseason.

Likely?  Perhaps not, but not impossible. I think if he somehow navigates to bowl eligibility the chances that he leaves on his own go way up.

Before the season started, I thought a lot of our games were VERY winnable.  Now I am not sure I see more than one that is a sure thing.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: kaiserhog on October 12, 2017, 10:46:04 pm
Sounds like wishful thinking by an Ole Miss Reb.

I'm not sure why anyone at either Arkansas or Ole Miss would wish for this outcome.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on October 12, 2017, 10:28:25 pm
I expect Bielema to keep expanding until, one day, he catches a wind and rolls out of town.

Bielema isn't the type to swallow his own pride, but everything else is apparently fair game.
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Ironhawg on October 12, 2017, 06:49:48 pm
Booger McFarland just said on Mattingly's show that he thinks Arkansas should keep Bielema, so I guess we should keep him.  (Sarcasm off)

Also the fans at Auburn, Bama and A&M who have owned CBB say we should keep CBB. 

Arkansas fans deserve better than only expecting to win 3 SEC games a year.    Where is our optimism to winning 4+ or more SEC games a year?  WE have lost that.  Now when we play on the road we have become everyone's Home Coming game. 

Lets change directions with a new leader who can put a spark of optimism back in Hog Nation.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on October 12, 2017, 09:36:10 pm
It's pretty silly to beg for disaster with 7 games left.  We aren't going to win Saturday. We probably aren't going to win the next Saturday.  But a 7-6 season would be much better for these seniors than the alternative.  If you're a fan hope for the best and support the players who bust their ass to win.

Maybe Bielema deserves a chance at one year with a QB not named Allen. 

I would hope that we all want what is best for the players. Therein lies the conflict for many. Those that never wanted Bielema are dancing a jig and everyday is a party for them as we seem to get worse in terms of offensive production. Many (if not most) of those that loved the hire originally are now disillusioned with the direction of the program for a variety of reasons aside from winning, though lack of winning and the way we lose, is probably right up there in terms of meaningful reasons. This isn't all inclusive, I'm sure that the other categories of fans but it seems like most seem to think that it is probably time to examine a change.

So do you pull for the team to win knowing full well that this could extend the Bielema era, or do you pull for the players because they deserve to have a fan base that backs them and pulls for them to win every time they take the field?

I'll always pull for the players because of the sacrifices that they make and the work that they put in on an every day basis that none of us have to do. They are the ones that are caught in the middle of this.

That said, based on the fact that I have watched us traverse the last 3 seasons at least two wins short of where we should have been, and then what I have watched this season with the offense and ongoing ST's breakdowns and now having lost 3 games that we should have won (out of the first five), and I think that I am done with Coach Bielema. I love the way he runs the program off the field but even he has to know by this time that there is a major error in the planning and implementation of the product he is putting on the field and most of the time we are giving away games based on errors in coaching and coaching decisions.

It is my hope that he packs his bags and doesn't choose to put us through another season that will likely resemble the last 1-1/2. I'm sure that I would feel differently if the last three seasons had been 7 wins, 8 wins and then 9 wins (even though that would have still left wins on the field) and we were right now at 5-0. If this were the scenario I could easily rationalize that we are making progress despite not having won as many as were possible in the last 3 seasons. Instead what I am seeing is a team that never recovered from the two game melt down at the end of last season. Having had an entire off season to get the heads of the team and perhaps schemes turned around and to not have done so is an indictment of the staff and certainly the HC.

So, while I like Bielema the man, I think I am done with Bielema as the HC of the Hogs and I hope that this ends in the best way possible for the entire staff, for the team, the school and the fan base.
Go Hogs Go!

Inhogswetrust

It's pretty silly to beg for disaster with 7 games left.  We aren't going to win Saturday. We probably aren't going to win the next Saturday.  But a 7-6 season would be much better for these seniors than the alternative.  If you're a fan hope for the best and support the players who bust their ass to win.

It wouldn't change things unless that new QB has the guys protecting him and blocking play better.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Potosihog

The difference in past years is progress.  During past years with CBB we have had some head scratchers but you could typically see improvement game to game for the most part.  Since the Auburn game last year that has changed for the most part.  Instead of improving this year, building momentum to a strong finish, it looks as if we are in a death spiral and the ground is rising fast.

I suppose we will beat CC.  But I don't see another win on the schedule. I have not seen CC play this year but I am seriously concerned we could lose that game if the mental abuse of the next two games is as bad as I believe it could be. I have watched Ole Miss, LSU, and Missouri multiple times this year.  They are all better teams than us currently imo.   I don't know that I have ever seen a more fragile Hog team than this one. 

Ironically we may have a better chance of winning a few games if CK is the QB.  I don't believe he is a better qb at this point in his career than AA.  I do believe it has become such a mental challenge for AA that CK might lead us to victory where AA won't.

If we play respectable against Bama and Auburn and then win out I don't think BB will be fired.  I just don't see that happening.  I will root for our team every Saturday, hoping to be proven wrong. 

blu

Quote from: Potosihog on October 13, 2017, 06:27:34 am
The difference in past years is progress.  During past years with CBB we have had some head scratchers but you could typically see improvement game to game for the most part.  Since the Auburn game last year that has changed for the most part.  Instead of improving this year, building momentum to a strong finish, it looks as if we are in a death spiral and the ground is rising fast.

I suppose we will beat CC.  But I don't see another win on the schedule. I have not seen CC play this year but I am seriously concerned we could lose that game if the mental abuse of the next two games is as bad as I believe it could be. I have watched Ole Miss, LSU, and Missouri multiple times this year.  They are all better teams than us currently imo.   I don't know that I have ever seen a more fragile Hog team than this one. 

Ironically we may have a better chance of winning a few games if CK is the QB.  I don't believe he is a better qb at this point in his career than AA.  I do believe it has become such a mental challenge for AA that CK might lead us to victory where AA won't.

If we play respectable against Bama and Auburn and then win out I don't think BB will be fired.  I just don't see that happening.  I will root for our team every Saturday, hoping to be proven wrong. 

Great post. Couldn't agree more. Woo Pig.
"But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by His name!"  I Peter 4:16

The real Hogules

Booger McFarland just said on Mattingly's show that he thinks Arkansas should keep Bielema, so I guess we should keep him.  (Sarcasm off)

I simply refuse to accept coaching hiring and firing advice from someone whose first name is "Booger".
CBB should be gone at seasons end.
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

rzrbaxfan

October 13, 2017, 08:11:48 am #66 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 08:23:40 am by rzrbaxfan

Yes, Alabama and Auburn will almost certainly boat race the Hogs. After that though, every game is winnable. The toughest thing will be somehow not losing the locker room through two bad losses. After that its games against teams that range from bad to mediocre at best--Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Coastal Carolina, LSU, Missouri. Those are gettable games. Even if he just wins 4 of them, they'll get bowl eligible with a chance at 7 wins.

The game at Oxford will be pivotal. If Arkansas finds a way to win that game, then Bielema saving his job becomes a real possibility IMO. They're not going to fire him midseason.

Likely?  Perhaps not, but not impossible. I think if he somehow navigates to bowl eligibility the chances that he leaves on his own go way up.

Needing to win against "bad to mediocre" teams when you are a "bad to mediocre" team yourself isn't where you want to be in year 5. 

Personally, I'd like to see them get to a bowl just for the seniors....but scrapping together a 6-7 win season with problems that don't appear to be getting better (2nd half execution, OL play, not beating A&M) isn't exactly screaming "we're just about to turn the corner...give us another year".

DeltaBoy

I am worried Long going to roll out a HDN like 2 year Pass for CBB.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jmb1973

His name is Booger. I can't take anything he says seriously.

DoctorSusscrofa

I agree.  But even so, I want a coaching change.  And even though I want good things for the players. I still can't bring myself to hope for the best for our fans.  We've got a lot of sleazy creeps for fans. Mean-spirited and hateful. So for them I want a meltdown of all melt-downs.  A new coach who could out do Bret in disasters.
I expect to win the games we ought to win and be competitive in as many other games as possible. - M Barton

Redhogs

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 13, 2017, 08:23:58 am
I agree.  But even so, I want a coaching change.  And even though I want good things for the players. I still can't bring myself to hope for the best for our fans.  We've got a lot of sleazy creeps for fans. Mean-spirited and hateful. So for them I want a meltdown of all melt-downs.  A new coach who could out do Bret in disasters.
Looks like the doc has been looking in the mirror..talk about calling the kettle black.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

EastexHawg

Quote from: PorkSoda on October 12, 2017, 07:20:41 pm
the next 2 games are beside the point.  a bowl game and he might be able to save his job since that would show he is getting things turned around. 

No, it would show that he has played a bunch of terrible teams once he gets past Auburn.  LSU may not fit the "terrible" mold, but the rest are pathetic.  Is that the standard to which we want to hold our coaches and our program, that we lose to all the good or even decent teams but beat the lousy ones?

As someone has already said, Bielema has already shown what his program is and can be.  It's time to move on to someone who can do better.

NaturalStateReb

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 13, 2017, 08:37:44 am
No, it would show that he has played a bunch of terrible teams once he gets past Auburn.  LSU may not fit the "terrible" mold, but the rest are pathetic.  Is that the standard to which we want to hold our coaches and our program, that we lose to all the good or even decent teams but beat the lousy ones?

As someone has already said, Bielema has already shown what his program is and can be.  It's time to move on to someone who can do better.

Not sure on LSU.  I think Corndog Caveman just happened to be standing on the sidelines when Jim McElwain's luck finally ran out.

Florida sucks.

userpick

Quote from: hogcard1964 on October 12, 2017, 07:07:02 pm
Why does everyone believe Arkansas can't possibly beat Auburn at home?

Because they're too good and we suck something awful.

NaturalStateReb

Because most of us own televisions.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jmb1973 on October 13, 2017, 08:22:27 am
He shouldn't have picked "booger" for a nickname.

HognotinMemphis

I believe you are completely wrong. Short of winning out starting Saturday, it is already done. Bielema is same as gone and that has been true since last Saturday.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

riccoar

I wouldn't call his firing a sure-fire bet.  I just think most are assuming at the results of being 2-3, will lead to us not making it to 6-6 after Missouri.  But I also believe that as horrible as this team seems, every game after Auburn is up for grabs. 

I think those that are going to be called upon to pony up millions to send him packing, will easily let go of funds if the record is a losing one.  Should we miraculously hit 6, or God forbid 7 wins and a bowl appearance, some folks might gamble and save some of their dough for one more year.

texas tush hog

Quote from: riccoar on October 13, 2017, 09:52:35 am
I wouldn't call his firing a sure-fire bet.  I just think most are assuming at the results of being 2-3, will lead to us not making it to 6-6 after Missouri.  But I also believe that as horrible as this team seems, every game after Auburn is up for grabs. 

I think those that are going to be called upon to pony up millions to send him packing, will easily let go of funds if the record is a losing one.  Should we miraculously hit 6, or God forbid 7 wins and a bowl appearance, some folks might gamble and save some of their dough for one more year.

I totally agree. Our schedule in November is not that daunting, Bielema could adopt the coach Broyles phrase.
"They remembah Novembah" if he were to win out. Possible, although not very probable. Brace yourselves, folks.

rhames

Quote from: riccoar on October 13, 2017, 09:52:35 am

The thing is, South Carolina was bad. Real bad. It was our most winnable conference game outside of Ole Miss and Missouri.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

texas tush hog

Quote from: rhames on October 13, 2017, 10:05:08 am

The thing is, South Carolina was bad. Real bad. It was our most winnable conference game outside of Ole Miss and Missouri.

I think you guys are underestimatig South Carolina's defense. Will Muschamp is, after all, a defensive genius, or did you not watch the game.

311Hog

Quote from: jmb1973 on October 13, 2017, 08:22:27 am

i am not making fun of the man's nickname, that dude was a monster DL at LSU.

rzrbaxfan

Before we lost to USCe, I believed Auburn was winnable.  Yes, they smacked us last year...and since that game they have gone 8-4.  That 8-4 breaks down with 3-0 against FBS and 5-4 against FCS.  Those 5 FCS wins came against Ga Southern, Mizzou, Ole Miss (twice), a ranked MSU, and Vandy. 

This weekend, Auburn starts a 3 game road stretch against 3 wounded SECW teams that are desperate for wins, only to come home after that to play Georgia.  I think we'll learn just how good they are in the next 4 weeks.

I still don't get the Auburn hype.  I don't think they are as good as most think they are, but I after USCe, I think we are worse than I thought we were.  That's why I think we can't beat them, even at home.

texas tush hog

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on October 13, 2017, 06:11:12 am
It wouldn't change things unless that new QB has the guys protecting him and blocking play better.

The o-line blocked much better for Cole. I think they were afraid to let a d-lineman touch that mountain of a man.

311Hog

Quote from: texas tush hog on October 13, 2017, 10:19:22 am
The o-line blocked much better for Cole. I think they were afraid to let a d-lineman touch that mountain of a man.

i saw no difference in how the OL blocked for Cole. The difference was in the fact that Cole wasn't as phased by the rush.  By this i mean his is huge so being "chipped" or hit a bit didn't throw off his throwing motion.  He also rifled the ball out quicker, less dancing back there.

I truly think AA's shoulder is jacked like his brothers he never had a rocket arm before.  Is why i think if this is true Cole should play he is big enough to take a few hits, and has a strong quick release to fire the ball down field to possibly loosen up the box for running the ball.  Our only real chance IMHO.

The NewEra

October 13, 2017, 10:31:43 am #85 Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 10:43:22 am by The NewEra

I would like to agree with you, but this team has a lot of quit in them and they haven't busted their ass to win.  It doesn't matter how much the fan base supports them.  As for having a quarterback not named Allen, he had that choice this year.

riccoar

Quote from: rhames on October 13, 2017, 10:05:08 am

Pretty good defense with a DC as a HC.  Not to mention that QB, while still young, was recruited by us, Bama, and many other great universities.  Not saying we win 6 or 7, but further fodder against Bielema, it is not a forgone conclusion those last 5 games are auto L's.

riccoar

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on October 13, 2017, 10:15:04 am
Before we lost to USCe, I believed Auburn was winnable.  Yes, they smacked us last year...and since that game they have gone 8-4.  That 8-4 breaks down with 3-0 against FBS and 5-4 against FCS.  Those 5 FCS wins came against Ga Southern, Mizzou, Ole Miss (twice), a ranked MSU, and Vandy. 

This weekend, Auburn starts a 3 game road stretch against 3 wounded SECW teams that are desperate for wins, only to come home after that to play Georgia.  I think we'll learn just how good they are in the next 4 weeks.

I still don't get the Auburn hype.  I don't think they are as good as most think they are, but I after USCe, I think we are worse than I thought we were.  That's why I think we can't beat them, even at home.
I chalk Auburn as a loss for this.  They spanked us horribly bad.  Our team is a shad down from last.  Their team is improved from last.

RyeHogFan

Quote from: 12247 on October 12, 2017, 07:14:16 pm

Bret Bielema will never get even close to the potential from an Arkansas team that it has.  But has bad as we do selecting football HCs, we got what we deserve and likely will hang onto him just like we did Nutt.

I'm a little confused by this comment. Who is this "we" you speak of?  I was never consulted in any of the coaching hires, nor do I believe anyone here has any actual connection to the decision making powers at the U of A.

smb

Isn't there anything in a contract that says you must win so many games or you forfeit some dough. I know you get bonuses if you go to a bowl.
GeorgiaHOG

ricepig

Quote from: smb on October 13, 2017, 11:03:41 am
Isn't there anything in a contract that says you must win so many games or you forfeit some dough. I know you get bonuses if you go to a bowl.

Uh...no.

TheJoeyBucketz

Dominic Fletcher following his homerun against Texas Tech in Omaha, "I thought they said this park was big?!"

The NewEra

Here is the scenario I see playing out:

Alabama will win big over us and in the process inflict a lot of physical punishment on this team including Allen if he's actually played.  People will be asking why Bryan Wallace hasn't been playing all year long since he will look better at right tackle than anyone yet.  KA will be under heavy media attack, again.
Auburn will win big over us and inflict a lot of pain on the team.  Gus wants nothing more than to embarrass Bielema one more time and punch his ticket out of here.
There are no more bye weeks with time to mentally and physically recover.  All of the teams goals except making it to a bowl will have been destroyed. 
Ole Miss will punch this team in the mouth with their superior bought and paid for athletes and this team will resort back to doing what they've become very accomplished at since mid year 2016 and quit.  (It hurts to believe that, but I do). 
Ole Miss wins at their place.  By now the call to replace the coach will be deafening.
Austin Allen will be more injured than not for the rest of the season and we will be seeing Storey and Kelley get more playing time.
Coastal Carolina - I don't know a thing about them, but I would see it as a toss up in front of a mediocre crowd for Homecoming.
The melt down continues at Baton Rouge against LSU who is too physical.  There goes the chance for a bowl game.
Mississippi State is a toss up, but I give them the edge due to a demoralized team and fan base and their running quarterback.
Missouri is a moral victory game to see which team is the second worst in the SEC.  Toss up.

Once bowl eligibility is completely out of the picture this team will pack it in even more.

At best I see a 5-7 season record and I am inclined to believe it will be 4-8 or 3-9.

By the time the last few games roll around the team will be silently wanting a coaching change along with the fan base.  Only a few people will be showing up for games in order to send a loud and clear message to Jeff Long and the PTB.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I don't fault the players, I lay all of the blame on head coaching.

hoglady

Bielema has lost the fan base / a 6-6 season is not going to change that.
Whether the admin. cans him or not - in the hearts of most fans he's done.
The Bielema experiment is over - they can drag it out like they did with Nutt but the end result will be the same.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

hoglady

No one forced Bielema to play either of the Allen boys.
We've had quite a few 4 and 5 star QB's on the roster since Bielema has been here.
His choice to play Brandon and Austin.
Austin was a good QB last year - our pititful Oline over the last 2 years has turned him into a not very good QB.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

247Hog

Good post. I hope BB isn't our coach next season but my disgust for one coach will never be so severe, it'd make me hope my team loses. Play hard next two games and win out. Support the team because they deserve it. 
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on October 13, 2017, 06:09:53 am
I would hope that we all want what is best for the players. Therein lies the conflict for many. Those that never wanted Bielema are dancing a jig and everyday is a party for them as we seem to get worse in terms of offensive production. Many (if not most) of those that loved the hire originally are now disillusioned with the direction of the program for a variety of reasons aside from winning, though lack of winning and the way we lose, is probably right up there in terms of meaningful reasons. This isn't all inclusive, I'm sure that the other categories of fans but it seems like most seem to think that it is probably time to examine a change.

So do you pull for the team to win knowing full well that this could extend the Bielema era, or do you pull for the players because they deserve to have a fan base that backs them and pulls for them to win every time they take the field?

I'll always pull for the players because of the sacrifices that they make and the work that they put in on an every day basis that none of us have to do. They are the ones that are caught in the middle of this.

That said, based on the fact that I have watched us traverse the last 3 seasons at least two wins short of where we should have been, and then what I have watched this season with the offense and ongoing ST's breakdowns and now having lost 3 games that we should have won (out of the first five), and I think that I am done with Coach Bielema. I love the way he runs the program off the field but even he has to know by this time that there is a major error in the planning and implementation of the product he is putting on the field and most of the time we are giving away games based on errors in coaching and coaching decisions.

It is my hope that he packs his bags and doesn't choose to put us through another season that will likely resemble the last 1-1/2. I'm sure that I would feel differently if the last three seasons had been 7 wins, 8 wins and then 9 wins (even though that would have still left wins on the field) and we were right now at 5-0. If this were the scenario I could easily rationalize that we are making progress despite not having won as many as were possible in the last 3 seasons. Instead what I am seeing is a team that never recovered from the two game melt down at the end of last season. Having had an entire off season to get the heads of the team and perhaps schemes turned around and to not have done so is an indictment of the staff and certainly the HC.

So, while I like Bielema the man, I think I am done with Bielema as the HC of the Hogs and I hope that this ends in the best way possible for the entire staff, for the team, the school and the fan base.

Yes....I am dancing a jig. I love when Arkansas gets flogged on a weekly basis. Gimme a break. I told anyone who would listen that this was a bad hire. That he was confused, unmotivated, all hat, no cattle and in over his head. I got labeled irrational, crazy, petrino lover, trouble maker, riff Raff, trash, a no good Irish boy and there was some bad things said too...

Fact is, I hate it. I hate losing, I hate being non competitive. And I hate having to continue hoping that Bret pulls up on the controls and can save himself because if he doesn't, we are gonna have a war between money, wanting Tim Horton and Jeff who would hire a damn Les Miles.

But don't label me dancing a jig or jumping for joy because this little project never got off the ground. Just because I don't come on here discussing the virtues of the 37 dive with the rest of the jackals doesn't mean I am happy. Just because I know human nature, body language and fat cats, doesn't make me the poster boy for hatred of this program...nor.does it label me as a told you so....but...I told you so.

I hate it when we lose. Doesn't matter if Bret, Bobby, Smile or Hooten is on the sidelines.

PRJ

logic

If starting with Auburn, Arkansas wins the rest of the games this year, Bielema will survive and if Arkansas then wins the bowl, he will thrive; at least through the 2018 season when on Jan 1, 2010 the buyout is a little less than $2 million.

Jim Harris

I'll tell you why I think they can't: Because Auburn can both run and pass well (plus defend). He hasn't been able to stop a team that can do both in five years here. Auburn might beat Arkansas worse than what Alabama does this weekend.
I've been wrong plenty before, though, and would love to be wrong again on this.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

jst01

Quote from: Jim Harris on October 13, 2017, 11:43:55 am
I'll tell you why I think they can't: Because Auburn can both run and pass well (plus defend). He hasn't been able to stop a team that can do both in five years here. Auburn might beat Arkansas worse than what Alabama does this weekend.
I've been wrong plenty before, though, and would love to be wrong again on this.

I've been saying this same thing. I think Auburn could score 30+ in the first half and not slow down. Their scoring drives will take 2-3 minutes, max.