Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Wilson

Started by colbs, October 12, 2017, 04:03:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

What does everyone think of him as a potential coach?  He led UTSA to their first bowl game in their history.  They are already 3-1 so far this year including a win over Baylor.  He's also one of the best recruiters in the country.  He would be able to get more kids from Louisiana no doubt.  He won't be at UTSA long and IMO he has a bright future.

factchecker

Quote from: colbs on October 12, 2017, 04:03:17 pm
What does everyone think of him as a potential coach?  He led UTSA to their first bowl game in their history.  They are already 3-1 so far this year including a win over Baylor.  He's also one of the best recruiters in the country.  He would be able to get more kids from Louisiana no doubt.  He won't be at UTSA long and IMO he has a bright future.

Good coach.

Great connections in Louisiana.

He doesn't have a ton of experience as a head coach but I like him.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

The Hawg Marshal

Very viable candidate in my opinion.

rljjr

Who knows? Might just be what the doctor ordered, but as a HC he's a huge unknown. Would the PTB be willing to gamble like this? He certainly has the right recruiting acumen. Will people hold OM and LSU time against him?
https://247sports.com/Article/Not-just-a-recruiter-How-Frank-Wilson-is-building-his-empire-at--106009796

Wildhog

Great recruiter.  Would hit Louisiana hard.

Will be interested to see how the rest of this season goes for him.  I want an X's and O's guru.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Rayzback

Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

colbs

Here is a good article on him. https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Not-just-a-recruiter-How-Frank-Wilson-is-building-his-empire-at--106009796/Amp

The more I read about the guy the more I like.  The U of A could do a lot worse that's for sure.

The Hawg Marshal

There are many young up and coming coaches out there. I think this is the way we need to go. No need in talking about Miles or Holtz or any of the other re-treads out there.jmo

Wildhog

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on October 12, 2017, 04:24:19 pm
There are many young up and coming coaches out there. I think this is the way we need to go. No need in talking about Miles or Holtz or any of the other re-treads out there.jmo

Agreed.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

East TN HAWG

When I clicked on this thread, I didn't even know who this guy was.  I liked the article that Colbs linked.  He is definitely someone that needs to be looked at.

TX HOG

Yeah. That article was very interesting.

Hawghiggs

Needs more experience.

swineology

Hogville would be calling for his head in year 3 because he isn't Gruden

factchecker

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 12, 2017, 09:11:47 pm
Needs more experience.

Nice edit there - You said something along the lines of "Frank Wilson is getting his butt handed to him by the Ragin Cajuns.  That's the coach we need."

The cajuns are playing Texas State.

Texas State's head coach is Everett Withers.

Frank Wilson is the head coach of UTSA:

Different coaches.... different teams.

Also..... didn't LaLa (Louisiana Lafayette) get hit with sanctions?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PigDaddyKane

I like him. He's one I've started following earlier this year.

I'd rather give a hungry, up and coming Coach the job than another retread. I like how he pays attention to the details.
The only person on Hogville without an inside source for Razorback news!

Hawghiggs

Quote from: factchecker on October 12, 2017, 09:16:45 pm
Nice edit there - You said something along the lines of "Frank Wilson is getting his butt handed to him by the Ragin Cajuns.  That's the coach we need."

The cajuns are playing Texas State.

Texas State's head coach is Everett Withers.

Frank Wilson is the head coach of UTSA:

Different coaches.... different teams.

Also..... didn't LaLa (Louisiana Lafayette) get hit with sanctions?

That's correct. I caught myself right after I posted it.  As far as sanctions go.  Yes they did. But it was proven by the NCAA that Mark Hudspeth had nothing to do with it.  It was David Saunders, A ex Ole Miss coach.

RazorPiggie

HawgTide

What does everyone think of him as a potential coach?  He led UTSA to their first bowl game in their history.  They are already 3-1 so far this year including a win over Baylor.  He’s also one of the best recruiters in the country.  He would be able to get more kids from Louisiana no doubt.  He won’t be at UTSA long and IMO he has a bright future.

I agree he won't be at UTSA long. Definitely someone to keep an eye on.

PorkSoda

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 12, 2017, 09:11:47 pm
Needs more experience.
we had a guy with more experience, didn't work out for us.   if we wait until a coach is proven, then someone else already got them.  they said the same thing about franklin, then PSU picks him up, and is successful and we have zero chance of getting him.

we are going to have to take a risk on a high energy up and comer and let them make their name here at arkansas.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

code red

If we don't hire a coach with knowledge of the SEC....we will be screwed again.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

elviscat

If we can't recruit Texas, we have no chance. We need to look at someone who has a strong background with the Texas high school coaches. Jerry Jones, would be the best source to get right person for the job.

al_pigcino

Quote from: code red on October 13, 2017, 02:40:51 pm
Yet people here scoff when you say Richt or Miles who averaged double digit wins in the SEC.   ???

RazorPiggie

Quote from: code red on October 13, 2017, 02:40:51 pm

So F. Wilson has that box checked.

PorkSoda

Quote from: al_pigcino on October 13, 2017, 02:45:32 pm
Yet people here scoff when you say Richt or Miles who averaged double digit wins in the SEC.   ???
Richt is doing well at miami, Miles needs to retire
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

mckinneyhog5

If we hired him, half of hogville would want him fired in three years.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

PorkSoda

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on October 13, 2017, 03:00:22 pm
If we hired him, half of hogville would want him fired in three games.
FIFY