Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CBB's best bet for a working future.

Started by Mike_e, October 12, 2017, 02:58:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_e

The man has a built in out.  A baby.

All he has to do is to say that he want's to devote some time exclusively to his new baby and that 16 hour days isn't allowing him to do that.

In order to be able to actually be a full time father for his first child and to be able to get a handle on fatherhood in general he is going to take a step back for a little while and also recharge his batteries.   So, after speaking with his AD and working out a plan he will be resigning at the end of the year.

1)  He get's to step down gracefully.

2)  He get's to be seen as a Quality family man.

3)  He get's to step back and be on TV for a little while.

4)  When the right job opens up he'll be ready to go and his reputation will be repaired.

Easy.
The best "one thing" for a happy life?
Just be the best person that you can manage.  Right Now!

King Kong

He will get another job. Probably end up back at Wisconsin if Paul took an NFL job

Good news for us is whatever he gets paid will reduce his buyout here

alohawg

New insanity workout vids? Weight watchers commercials? New Subway spokesman?
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

TheShow

I was thinking this exact thing, I'm sure espn would love to add him as an analyst.

alohawg

Quote from: TheShow on October 12, 2017, 03:28:54 pm
I was thinking this exact thing, I'm sure espn would love to add him as an analyst.

The next Madden.....certainly looks the part.
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

RagingHawgOn

Quote from: Mike_e on October 12, 2017, 02:58:36 pm
The man has a built in out.  A baby.

All he has to do is to say that he want's to devote some time exclusively to his new baby and that 16 hour days isn't allowing him to do that.

In order to be able to actually be a full time father for his first child and to be able to get a handle on fatherhood in general he is going to take a step back for a little while and also recharge his batteries.   So, after speaking with his AD and working out a plan he will be resigning at the end of the year.

1)  He get's to step down gracefully.

2)  He get's to be seen as a Quality family man.

3)  He get's to step back and be on TV for a little while.

4)  When the right job opens up he'll be ready to go and his reputation will be repaired.

Easy.

And, I think he has enough goodwill and has earned the right to exit gracefully.  I still support the man and this program but, if he is leaving, he should be shown some respect.

JoeyCapital

I think he should be the first coach of the UALR freaking Trojans. Since he is staying inside the UA program we dont have to pay him any of the buyout, and he gets a chance to really build a program from the ground up. Win win.
What did you say? I missed it. Was distracted. My side piece was arguing with my side piece

Joe_Shmo

He will get work quickly...He's still perceived as a good coach who came to a difficult situation. His Wiscy resume alone will get him a gig quickly. I was thinking K-State could be a good fit after old man Snyder steps down.

linkshog

he would be a good coach in waiting at IOWA.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.

- Ronald Reagan -

Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.

- Ronald Reagan -

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Wild Boarnado

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on October 13, 2017, 10:21:21 am
And, I think he has enough goodwill and has earned the right to exit gracefully.  I still support the man and this program but, if he is leaving, he should be shown some respect.

I agree.
"Cry 'SOOIE!,' and let slip the Hogs of War!" ~William ShakeSqueal

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

Dwight_K_Shrute

Depending on the available options TV would be a wise choice for him.  Make the rounds during the season.  Talk to coaches and AD's.  Make some some buddies.  Sit back and watch what the successful coaches are doing.  Lose some weight.  Figure out what you want Bert 2.0 to be, hone that so you can sell it and then next year land that K-State, Iowa State, Purdue, Illinois type job.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

elksnort

He could be Guy Fieri's (sp) side kick. Going around the country testing out all the great comfort food/diners.

cal34

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 13, 2017, 11:13:11 am
Start his own cooking show. Seriously.

That's what i have been thinking he should do.  Maybe a football themed cooking show.
The guy loves to cook.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: cal34 on October 13, 2017, 12:13:15 pm
That's what i have been thinking he should do.  Maybe a football themed cooking show.
The guy loves to cook.
yep
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

longpig

Quote from: Joe_Shmo on October 13, 2017, 10:45:45 am
He will get work quickly...He's still perceived as a good coach who came to a difficult situation. His Wiscy resume alone will get him a gig quickly. I was thinking K-State could be a good fit after old man Snyder steps down.

Supposedly the Purple Wizard's son is heir to the throne at K-State.  Bielema's style clashes with Snyder's so he probably wouldn't be considered anyway. 
Don't be scared, be smart.

RazorPiggie

My thinking is he will be let go or however you want to put it and he will just be a talking head for a couple of years and spend some quality time with the little one.